Port Canaveral - what to expect

I’m a planner. I like to know what I’m going into before it happens. 

So allow me to ask what’s probably a silly question. 

Is it going to be painfully obvious at port canaveral where to go from the moment of getting out of the Uber? I’m picturing like an airport scenario, but on water. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jhigdon said:

Is it going to be painfully obvious at port canaveral where to go from the moment of getting out of the Uber? I’m picturing like an airport scenario, but on water. 

It's easy  the driver will drop you off at where the porters take your bags.  Then you will see the lines to get into the terminal right behind them

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jhigdon said:

Think of it as an airport with one gate.

And as Ellen said, they drop you off inside the parking garage.

• Like 2

It is very obvious. Soon as you get out of Uber, porters will be ready to take you luggage. Don't stress it, at this point, you are so close to finally walking onboard. I'm sure you can go online and find tons of videos of people leaving their hotel all the way to walking on the ship.

• Like 1

It is super easy as long as only one RCL ship is in port. BUT if more than one is in port you have to know which ship you are going on and hope your driver knows.. Seems silly but I have had actual conversations with people leaving or returned from recent cruises and they don't know the name of the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Port has electronic signs with the names of the ships at each terminal so if you don't know the terminal, it will tell you.  As far as I know all RCI ships go out of T1 now.  Actually easier terminal than the older ones on the other side.  After Baltimore, PC is the easiest port to navigate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, monorail81 said:

Does anyone know what other terminal Royal uses when there are more than one ship departing on the same day?

I don't think that happens.

12 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't think that happens.

It does indeed happen. Happened this past Monday, May 2nd and will continue to happen for the next several weeks.

Monorail81--Indy has taken over CT 1 so Mariner has been bumped to CT 5. Only on days where Indy will not be using CT 1 will Mariner get to move back over there. Schedule is only released through June, so we'll see.

Source: https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Jun.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tarheel3559 said:

It does indeed happen. Happened this past Monday, May 2nd and will continue to happen for the next several weeks.

Monorail81--Indy has taken over CT 1 so Mariner has been bumped to CT 5. Only on days where Indy will not be using CT 1 will Mariner get to move back over there. Schedule is only released through June, so we'll see.

Source: https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Jun.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

That's new because it hasn't been.  Port visits to PC can be at other piers and have been but it's rare for two RCI ships to homeport on the same day.  We much prefer T1.  

Edited by BND

25 minutes ago, BND said:

That's new because it hasn't been.  Port visits to PC can be at other piers and have been but it's rare for two RCI ships to homeport on the same day.  We much prefer T1.  

Oh I agree! I have a sailing on Mariner booked for June and was not aware we'd be going out of any terminal other than 1. I found out via the roll call group that we were leaving from CT5--I was not too happy with that as I saw on the May 2nd embarkation from CT5 Mariner guests had over a 2 hour wait due to computer issues in the old terminal.

CT 1 is so easy to go through both embarkation and debarkation.

27 minutes ago, tarheel3559 said:

Oh I agree! I have a sailing on Mariner booked for June and was not aware we'd be going out of any terminal other than 1. I found out via the roll call group that we were leaving from CT5--I was not too happy with that as I saw on the May 2nd embarkation from CT5 Mariner guests had over a 2 hour wait due to computer issues in the old terminal.

CT 1 is so easy to go through both embarkation and debarkation.

With 3 ships homeported at Port Canaveral RCI will have to use more than one terminal when the need requires. We are on Mariner in May and only found out that we are going out of and return to Terminal 5 by using this: https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Jun.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

RCI does not notify guests which terminal they are using. It would be nice to have it on the SetSail Pass!!!!

We are sailing on Mariner this afternoon at 4:00 from Terminal 1. When we return to PC on Sunday,, May 15, we will disembark at Terminal 5, because Harmony will be at Terminal 1. I understand that there will be a shuttle to take us and our luggage back over to T1 to get our car. 🤞

5 hours ago, Scotty G said:

With 3 ships homeported at Port Canaveral RCI will have to use more than one terminal when the need requires. We are on Mariner in May and only found out that we are going out of and return to Terminal 5 by using this: https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Jun.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

RCI does not notify guests which terminal they are using. It would be nice to have it on the SetSail Pass!!!!

There will be four ships. Jewel is coming later this year

• Like 1

They recently added pier dolphins (mooring points) at Terminal 5 specifically for Royal’s larger ships because RC will be using it for ships other than Oasis class. I believe this was needed because there will be two Oasis class ships assigned to PC in the future and they need Terminal 1. 

12 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

It is super easy as long as only one RCL ship is in port. BUT if more than one is in port you have to know which ship you are going on and hope your driver knows.. Seems silly but I have had actual conversations with people leaving or returned from recent cruises and they don't know the name of the ship. 

LOL.   Our neighbors have been telling us for weeks that they were going on the Wonder TA.  

Saw them going by on the 21st and asked if they cancelled their cruise?  "No...we don't leave until the 23rd".   Ummm....didn't say anything, but knew the Wonder had left on the 20th.  😮 

Daughter taking care of their dog and house told us they made it to Barcelona on their cruise.  Uh..huh...probably not even sure what cruise line they were going on!  Surprised they made it.   😉 

• Haha 3