Buying FCD (Future Cruise Deposit)

Ombud

Caveat: ask for a bill before getting off .... I did at 1:30am. I noticed there wasn't a charge for buying a FCD and I hadn't received an email that my Visa was charged. Tried to correct but I still cannot find it. Ah well, I'm back on in 4 months & will get 2 then. 

Can it be bought afterwards??

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Caveat: ask for a bill before getting off .... I did at 1:30am. I noticed there wasn't a charge for buying a FCD and I hadn't received an email that my Visa was charged. Tried to correct but I still cannot find it. Ah well, I'm back on in 4 months & will get 2 then. 

FCD's are not billed to shipboard account, but separately to same CC on file. Email acknowledgement pretty fast. Not sure how long to bill. Found doing by Medallion much better than dropping off paper.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

FCD's are not billed to shipboard account, but separately to same CC on file. Email acknowledgement pretty fast. Not sure how long to bill. Found doing by Medallion much better than dropping off paper.

Nuts (stronger language sensored)

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

How did you do the purchase?  Thought you understood FCD's.  In the pre-MC App days, I used to drop the form off early in the voyage, so plenty of time to make sure it gets processed before departing.  Never had a problem.  Now, I use the online app to buy them - that worked before new MC App (June 2021), so I am not sure if I trust it.  But again I will do it soon after boarding and watch for email and CC statement charge.  If not, I will follow-up with the Future Cruise Consultant (yet another meaning for FCC). 

Another poster @T..... (sorry) used the app and it wasn't processed while on board.  I still don't trust the app so always fill out a paper form AND hand it to the Captain Circle (aka Events Coordinator) early in the cruise.  I wait for a email confirmation and deal with whatever issues may arise.  

If you are still onboard, it isn't too late to fill out a paper form and drop it off before you leave the ship.

Check your credit card account to see if you were charge for the first transaction.  

• Like 1

I just bought FCD on my cruise ending May 4 using the TV in the room. It showed up a few hours later on my credit card account that day. I got an email acknowledging the FCD the next day.

• Like 1

Like a previous poster wrote, we order FCDs at the beginning of cruise (Being a technophobe, by filling in a form at Future Cruise desk, and posting it in box) and usually get an email confirmation within a day or so. Shows up on first credit card statement when we return home.

We have a 44 day cruise in 2024 that already has a $2400 deposit on it. I wanted to move rooms and wondered if this would work. I will be on a cruise in 3 weeks, can I cancel my 2024 cruise, then rebook with FCD I buy on upcoming cruise. We haven't bought these before as they don't count towards Interline fares and other discounted fares, but with Princess+, it's better to go with Princess or my TA.

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How did you do the purchase?  Thought you understood FCD's.  In the pre-MC App days, I used to drop the form off early in the voyage, so plenty of time to make sure it gets processed before departing.  Never had a problem.  Now, I use the online app to buy them - that worked before new MC App (June 2021), so I am not sure if I trust it.  But again I will do it soon after boarding and watch for email and CC statement charge.  If not, I will follow-up with the Future Cruise Consultant (yet another meaning for FCC). 

I bought it on the TV. That's how I'd done it on past medallion voyages. I was only getting some of my emails & don't open my account onboard so I went to PSD to see if they knew (didnt) and Future Cruise Consultant was closed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I bought it on the TV. That's how I'd done it on past medallion voyages. I was only getting some of my emails & don't open my account onboard so I went to PSD to see if they knew (didnt) and Future Cruise Consultant was closed. 

Oh well. Back onboard in 118 days so I'll buy the minute I board when I can still get email AND take a screenshot of the TV. (Yes I buy wifi but it's sketchy at best, personally thinking it isn't worth $5 a day)

If I cruise between now & then I'd have to pay in full anyway

11 hours ago, jimmieg said:

If you can get the Medallion to do it. Tried the Medallion AND the TV...gave up and went with paper/pen.

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

We have a 44 day cruise in 2024 that already has a $2400 deposit on it. I wanted to move rooms and wondered if this would work. I will be on a cruise in 3 weeks, can I cancel my 2024 cruise, then rebook with FCD I buy on upcoming cruise. We haven't bought these before as they don't count towards Interline fares and other discounted fares, but with Princess+, it's better to go with Princess or my TA.

That would work (cancel and rebook using newly purchased FCDs) but you could end up paying more for the cruise. You could also cancel and rebook while you're on the cruise you're taking in 3 weeks. That would be quicker. When you book ON a cruise, it's the same as using FCDs.

We have ordered  FCD via the TV (Discovery, Majestic )recently. I give it a day then go on Princess.com and check my account to see if it went through. Also will get an email and that happens pretty quick too.

I think it may be immediate if it works properly. Better than doing the paper because that can take a while depending on the Future Cruise Consultant's paperwork getting done.

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Another poster @T..... (sorry) used the app and it wasn't processed while on board.    

That was me, forgot to do it until last day. Person at cruise desk suggested the App, I should have gone the paper route or better yet purchased sooner. I did follow up after cruise and Princess asked if I had received a 'Welcome Home' email, apparently that lets you buy FCD after a cruise. I did not get that email and Princess said, 'Very sorry we can't help you'.

I used Chat yesterday, explained the App error and asked about OBC as compensation, since it was not my fault. We got $25 Goodwill OBC each on our current booking 🙂

20 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

That was me, forgot to do it until last day. Person at cruise desk suggested the App, I should have gone the paper route or better yet purchased sooner. I did follow up after cruise and Princess asked if I had received a 'Welcome Home' email, apparently that lets you buy FCD after a cruise. I did not get that email and Princess said, 'Very sorry we can't help you'.

I used Chat yesterday, explained the App error and asked about OBC as compensation, since it was not my fault. We got $25 Goodwill OBC each on our current booking 🙂

That goodwill is about what you would have received for an inside cabin.  Glad Princess acknowledged error.  Unfortunately, deposit will end up costing you.  The way I look at it...you either pay them now or later.  They will get your money one way or the other.  Hope you can book under $1 deposit...

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That goodwill is about what you would have received for an inside cabin.  Glad Princess acknowledged error.  Unfortunately, deposit will end up costing you.  The way I look at it...you either pay them now or later.  They will get your money one way or the other.  Hope you can book under $1 deposit...

We already paid $800 deposit, not a problem, as you say pay now or later.

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Not sure whether I read somewhere that you have 30 days to purchase FCD after disembarkation….could have been a dream..but worth asking Princess !

I had a discussion with a very helpful Princess rep who checked with a supervisor. The only way to buy FCD after disembarking is if you get a Welcome Back email from Princess. I don't know the timing of that offer, I did not get an email.

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I had a discussion with a very helpful Princess rep who checked with a supervisor. The only way to buy FCD after disembarking is if you get a Welcome Back email from Princess. I don't know the timing of that offer, I did not get an email.

Yes I've gotten it before but not this time. I'm out of luck. Ah well -- next time I'll buy in person

So we actually has an epic fail trying to use the tv app in our cabin.  It just didn't work and we weren't sure if it went through or not.  Went down to future cruise desk and she actually pulled up transactions on the computer and couldn't find any record of the transaction, so she processed it right then in front of us.  We then received the email confirming the transaction.  Lesson learned, just go the old-fashioned route with paper or do it in person.  This was our first Princess cruise and we weren't totally familiar with the process, so now we are.  Just actually applied them to a new booking for next Fall, like the concept of using them regardless of the normal deposit required, much easier.

23 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That goodwill is about what you would have received for an inside cabin.  

We booked OV so the Goodwill OBC $25 each is appropriate for that cabin level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

So we actually has an epic fail trying to use the tv app in our cabin.  It just didn't work and we weren't sure if it went through or not.  Went down to future cruise desk and she actually pulled up transactions on the computer and couldn't find any record of the transaction, so she processed it right then in front of us.  We then received the email confirming the transaction.  Lesson learned, just go the old-fashioned route with paper or do it in person.  This was our first Princess cruise and we weren't totally familiar with the process, so now we are.  Just actually applied them to a new booking for next Fall, like the concept of using them regardless of the normal deposit required, much easier.

We couldn't get the app OR the TV to work. Ended up doing it the "old fashioned" way.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We couldn't get the app OR the TV to work. Ended up doing it the "old fashioned" way.

If you are close to Cruise Desk, I don't see why you would not do it the old-fashioned way. I certainly will after my experience.