Mariner Hump Cabins

I've never had any issues with noise from the stairs or elevators.  Now that passengers on those stairs or elevators, they're a possible problem.  😉  The bottom line is the closer you are to people the more chance you have for noise.  The cabins are well insulated and people are generally respectful.  I wouldn't worry.  Get the cabin you want.

I agree with Cigar King.  The proximity to stairs/elevators isn't really the issue - it's the fact that more people walk past your door because of that proximity.

It's one (of many) reasons that I love aft cabins.  Only people who "live" on the aft are walking in front of your cabin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fun2snorkel said:

I am looking to book a hump cabin on the Mariner. This would most likely be deck 7 or 8. Should I be concerned with the noise from the elevators and stairs?  Thanks for any advice. 

Be aware with cabins ending in 20. Everyone coming off the stairs or elevators has a direct line of view into your cabin when the door is open. That is the only cabin that might have a noise issue. Positive is that it is also the cabin in the exact center of the hump. 

23 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Be aware with cabins ending in 20. Everyone coming off the stairs or elevators has a direct line of view into your cabin when the door is open. That is the only cabin that might have a noise issue. Positive is that it is also the cabin in the exact center of the hump. 

We had the #1320 on Navigator and loved this location so much we booked it again...we don't leave our door open :classic_wink:

On 5/8/2022 at 4:01 PM, Fun2snorkel said:

I am looking to book a hump cabin on the Mariner. This would most likely be deck 7 or 8. Should I be concerned with the noise from the elevators and stairs?  Thanks for any advice. 

NO!  We love the hump balconies, we always book them.  I have booked both 7 and 8 on Mariner with zero issues at all.  

I was in a hump cabin on deck 8 (8314) for a b2b through April 28th and literally never heard a sound from the hallway.  Its a perfect location near the elevators but separated by a wall and enough distance from the elevator lobby that you don't hear voices or bells ringing. 
I have the cabin next door (8316) booked for another b2b in November. 

Edited by SheSailsFL

On 5/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, Merion_Mom said:

It's one (of many) reasons that I love aft cabins.  Only people who "live" on the aft are walking in front of your cabin.

Laura had an aft on Serenade for a TA.

I was midship a deck higher.

For the first several days a couple cabin stewards grilled me when I walked down to her cabin🤣🤣