Runny noise gives 24 hours of isolation on Odyssey. Be warned.

Anyone that has symptoms like soar thorat, runny nose etc should at least protect others and wear a mask when in public areas in addition to top notch hygiene (should not even be mentioned this should be done always).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

P.S. My dad got covid at the doctor's office 2 years ago.

Know a guy in the Philippines who never left home until he went for his vaccine, tested positive 5 days later, spent 3 weeks in bed.  Dr told him good thing he was vaccinated.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Cracks me up even more when the sniffle crew looking for free shyt and telling on themselves, end up in a inside or ocean view and then want to rage about the inhumanity when they got what they asked for lol. I saw on another sub thread where they were encouraging folks to bring tests and to test on the second to last day of the cruise (wink wink), symptoms or not, hoping to put the cruise line on the hook if they popped positive. Now they are indignant about the cruise lines saying they won't cover any extra costs any longer and telling passengers to buy insurance.

Well duh, I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the those abusing the system. It's insane what's going on and how some of these folks are behaving, as if they are trying to win the covid lottery and get free shyt for catching covid and telling on themselves. I hope the lines stick with it, these folks shouldn't be rewarded with free balconies, cruise credit, free movies, free room service, free internet etc, no wonder they are testing and hoping they "get lucky" lol. Save the balconies for the truly sick folks and keep the sniffle crew in insides, the problem may work itself out naturally. 😉   

What crackers me up is people with incorrect info. Where are you getting your info from? Royal does not refund your full cruise. They will only refund for the days you are in quarantine. If people end up in the covid cabins and Royal expects them to stay put how else do you expect them to get food? What is your suggestion? Btw, room service can take an hour +.

I think what you read about testing on the day before the last was referring to people doing b2b cruises. Royal quit doing these tests. If they were still doing them then some people would test positive and therefore wouldn’t be stuck in quarantine for the next leg. They would be getting off of the ship. I tested positive recently and Royal wasn’t doing the b2b tests for that cruise. They did the previous 3 cruises prior, but not the last. If they had done the test the day prior to the last day I might have tested positive 🤷🏼‍♀️ and wouldn’t have ended up in quarantine a day into the next cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you think we want to spend our one vacation a year in quarantine on the ship in exchange for free movies and internet? I can have that at home without having to fly to a port and getting on a ship.

What a strange idea, indeed. It's crazy that I would want my family infected with this disease just so that I could lock us into a small cabin.

But if we end up in quarantine, I want something to watch, so that we along with our 11 yo kiddo don't go stir crazy. I can be very content reading books (will bring 3 just in case), but neither my DH nor my DS are into reading. Free wifi and some movies are not a reward. They are just a means to have some fun.

Not you specifically, but some? Absolutely! There is no question in my mind that some folks are milking this out and see it as a cruise bonus and "free shyt" event. Period. I've seen far too many posts insinuating just that and many others that said they would stop self tattle telling if they didn't get a balcony. Quarantining should be for the truly sick, not for those with sniffles and a headache. We'll see how much they really care when they choose to isolate on their own without a reward. I suspect there won't be many.   

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What crackers me up is people with incorrect info. Where are you getting your info from? Royal does not refund your full cruise. They will only refund for the days you are in quarantine. If people end up in the covid cabins and Royal expects them to stay put how else do you expect them to get food? What is your suggestion? Btw, room service can take an hour +.

I think what you read about testing on the day before the last was referring to people doing b2b cruises. Royal quit doing these tests. If they were still doing them then some people would test positive and therefore wouldn’t be stuck in quarantine for the next leg. They would be getting off of the ship. I tested positive recently and Royal wasn’t doing the b2b tests for that cruise. They did the previous 3 cruises prior, but not the last. If they had done the test the day prior to the last day I might have tested positive 🤷🏼‍♀️ and wouldn’t have ended up in quarantine a day into the next cruise.

Not incorrect info. I stand by what I said and saw first hand on these very boards. These are people bringing their own tests from home. hoping to test positive before they get off the boat to entangle the cruise lines and get some hotel/food on the lines.  

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

they would stop self tattle telling if they didn't get a balcony.

ReneeFLL didn't get a balcony, only OV, and she is a diamond+.

We are gonna be in a balcony next week, so what exactly am I going to be milking by not visiting Aruba and Curacao, and instead being locked up in a cabin?

And yes - I will be bringing tests with us, but for a completely different reason - to make sure we are safe.

Your logic and the logic of the "free shyt" person appear to be flawed.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BND said:

I find it very hard to believe.  I don't know of any medical facility that doesn't require masking by staff and patients.  Not that I believe masks are the panacea that some think.  I bet the numbers are no different where masking isn't required vs where it is.

415207021_ScreenShot2022-03-19at10_58_09AM.thumb.png.dd56870c31ad0c32dd1d54542210012b.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Not incorrect info. I stand by what I said and saw first hand on these very boards. These are people bringing their own tests from home. hoping to test positive before they get off the boat to entangle the cruise lines and get some hotel/food on the lines.  

Who in their right mind would want to be trapped in a hotel eating room service instead of heading home?  After being trapped in a cruise cabin? I have kids in college living in shared dorm rooms with hallway bathrooms, no one wants to be sent to the quarantine hotels. Can you link a post to these crazy passengers?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Who in their right mind would want to be trapped in a hotel eating room service instead of heading home?  After being trapped in a cruise cabin? I have kids in college living in shared dorm rooms with hallway bathrooms, no one wants to be sent to the quarantine hotels. Can you link a post to these crazy passengers?

I’m with you, there is no one doing this to try to get trapped in a cabin.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Not you specifically, but some? Absolutely! There is no question in my mind that some folks are milking this out and see it as a cruise bonus and "free shyt" event. Period. I've seen far too many posts insinuating just that and many others that said they would stop self tattle telling if they didn't get a balcony. Quarantining should be for the truly sick, not for those with sniffles and a headache. We'll see how much they really care when they choose to isolate on their own without a reward. I suspect there won't be many.   

Sure, that extended vacation at a choice of isolation hotels at Newark Airport is worth blowing up the end of a cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/20/2022 at 3:57 PM, Keksie said:

That is generous time off.  I am surprised that companies can afford for their employees to only work 1/2 a year.  

Its paid for by our high taxes. The social welfare of our country kicks in which is paid for by our own high taxes.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:26 PM, little britain said:

If you had no symptoms why did you keep testing? 

Because i am considerate of people and i have always self tested for the past 2 years before and after being in a family gathering or holiday and in this case being with 5000 people on a ship.

How many people tested on Monday after leaving Odyssey and test negative and spread covid because its not until Wednesday or Thursday (3 to 4 days after) that an antigen test will turn positive. It boggles my mind that so many test once after a huge cruise with 5000 people and believe thats it....they dont have covid.

My experience clearly shows that you can test negative 3 days after a cruise...but the 3rd or 4th day test positive for covid.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

We are all isolating still a week at home after our odyssey cruise. Shocks me that people would not isolate and infect people. Definitely a huge difference in culture between the oceans

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 7:54 AM, little britain said:

Masks no longer required when I visit my mother in hospital. She has never ever been wearing a mask when I went to see her over the past 2 years (when I had to) 

Personally i like to be considerate of sick people in hospital and lucky in the EU we still wear masks in hospitals and medical places out of respect to protect sick people. Who wants to kill someones granny with covid because too selfish to mask up?

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 4:51 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

kinda hard to protect yourself if your nurse/doctor sneezes you right in the face.

Like I said - first responders are sent back to work even after testing positive for Covid right here right now because of the staff shortage.

I have never come across this behaviour of a nurse or doctor sneezing or coughing. In the EU we luckily are not so selfish and give sick people some respect mask up and isolate when have covid. Society would be terrible place to live if these basic human needs and acts of respect and kindness are ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Citrons said:

Personally i like to be considerate of sick people in hospital and lucky in the EU we still wear masks in hospitals and medical places out of respect to protect sick people. Who wants to kill someones granny with covid because too selfish to mask up?

If you have issues with the health protocols of our local hospital, I suggest you take it up with the Bailiwick of Guernsey who make the rules. Which everyone followed to the letter.
And please bear in mind that Guernsey was totally 💯 Covid free for months and months because of their strict entry protocols and isolation rules. So they obviously were doing something right. 

27 minutes ago, Citrons said:

In the EU we luckily are not so selfish and give sick people some respect mask up and isolate when have covid. Society would be terrible place to live if these basic human needs and acts of respect and kindness are ignored.

When someone claims they are among the few that are considerate/selfless/respectful/etc (and feels they need to tell everyone)….red flags go up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

Lesson to ALL - Pack your own test for self testing.  If negative, no need to get cruise line involved.  Do not throw package in trash can.   Repack in own suitcase.

Exactly what we did for our TA on Odyssey just in case we got sniffles. 
So sad that every time someone sneezes or coughs they assume the worst.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Citrons said:

Because i am considerate of people and i have always self tested for the past 2 years before and after being in a family gathering or holiday and in this case being with 5000 people on a ship.

How many people tested on Monday after leaving Odyssey and test negative and spread covid because its not until Wednesday or Thursday (3 to 4 days after) that an antigen test will turn positive. It boggles my mind that so many test once after a huge cruise with 5000 people and believe thats it....they dont have covid.

My experience clearly shows that you can test negative 3 days after a cruise...but the 3rd or 4th day test positive for covid.

Maybe you should test every day just in case.  Personally I have yet to take a single test.  Never felt ill and since the test is just a snapshot in time I would not know which point in time would be the right time.  If I based it on after being around other people then I would have to test every day and that is excessive in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am out of isolation as of today. I don't ever want to get this again. Sure, I didn't die or end up in the hospital, so it's easy to minimize as no big deal. Cruising is full steam ahead. I do think it's wise to test post-cruise before returning to work or being with vulnerable people. No need for all or nothing thinking. Cruising is not the same exposure level that many of us live with in our daily lives. It's not the same as a trip to the store or dinner out. It's 6000+ people captive in a relatively small space. That doesn't mean the industry needs to shut down, just that people should go in with eyes wide open. The risk is much increased at full capacity. Consider what that means to you in terms of health, and potentially having to isolate for a period of time upon your return. I wish good health and happy cruising to all who are able to go.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Belinda Van Krevel said:

this is why I am into low capacity cruises thats a sardine level

So I guess no RCCL cruises for you.  Many ships are  at or near full capacity.   Full capacity for our recent Harmony cruise ( based in double capacity which is how they count) is 5400.  We had around 5200.  Close to "full capacity" and just about  the same as pre covid.   The days of 30% capacity are long gone.  

We do seem to feel the large crowds a bit more because the ships are short staffed and have a bit less entertainment .  Longer lines for dining, an fewer entertainment options, so overcrowding to see an available  show.  

M

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Belinda Van Krevel said:

NCL Joy still has some 60-70% capacity from what I read. 

terrific.

I do know that some RCCL European cruises with older ships  have a lower capacity as well.  But any RCCL popular ship/itinerary will be packed. 

enjoy

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1