Positive in Amsterdam after Apex TA

charlielinda

We got off the Apex on Saturday and were symptom free though there many cases on Board.  Enjoyed two great days in Amsterdam.  On Monday morning we decided to self test to ease our minds before flying home on Friday.   Our tests were positive so we went to a PRC test site and again were positive.   We are feeling well, now quarantining in our room.  We will test daily and hope for a negative test by Thursday night.  We think worst case scenario would be we could get a certificate of recovery after 10 days.  We are grateful not to have symptoms.  I’m posting here to see if anyone sees a flaw my logic.  Yesterday was quite a stressful day; today just wrapping my head around the changes.  

Edited by charlielinda
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

We got off the Apex on Saturday and were symptom free though there many cases on Board.  Enjoyed two great days in Amsterdam.  On Monday morning we decided to self test to ease our minds before flying home on Friday.   Our tests were positive so we went to a PRC test site and again were positive.   We are feeling well, now quarantining in our room.  We will test daily and hope for a negative test by Thursday night.  We think worst case scenario would be we could get a certificate of recovery after 10 days.  We are grateful not to have symptoms.  I’m posting here to see if anyone sees a flaw my logic.  Yesterday was quite a stressful day; today just wrapping my head around the changes.  

It might be different in the Netherlands but my son was symptom free and able to get a COR five days after testing positive in Barcelona. He tested positive May 8 and we flew back to the States May 13.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, charlielinda said:

No flaw in your logic. Glad you're feeling OK but sorry to hear you've tested positive. There are T least 50 of us in quarantine onboard the ship who tested positive on the TA and others who tested positive and chose to quarantine...

or not as I've read some sadly have not....in Amsterdam. We're told that after 10 days we can get a Certificate of Recovery to fly home. Do you have a documented positive result as you need that to then get the Certificate of Recovery. 

Hope you stay well and please let us know how your quarantine experience is going. My experience is in the linked thread posted by emma's gran above. 

5 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

It might be different in the Netherlands but my son was symptom free and able to get a COR five days after testing positive in Barcelona. He tested positive May 8 and we flew back to the States May 13.  

Netherlands requires 10 day quarantine before you can get a COR. 

53 minutes ago, haynesra said:

Question is Celebrity going to pick-up hotels etc for the entire 10 day quarantine period?

Celebrity will provide up to $250 per day in expenses for the quarantine and "assist" with coordinating airline flights.  If bought through Celebrity Air they cover all additional costs.

Suggest you read their Covid policy.  

24 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity will provide up to $250 per day in expenses for the quarantine and "assist" with coordinating airline flights.  If bought through Celebrity Air they cover all additional costs.

Suggest you read their Covid policy.  

Do you have the link to this policy?  I thought Celebrity was allowing you to quarantine on the ship if you test positive?  Are they now giving you a stipend if you stay in a hotel?  I would like to know as I was going to buy insurance to cover hotel costs if we needed to quarantine.  Thanks!

We did not test on the ship so we are assuming no assistance with Celebrity.  We are quarantining and hoping for negative test soon.  We loved the cruise but do not see us on a cruise out if the country in the future while the rules remain the same. 

My wife was at day 9 when we got off in Amsterdam,  sh e test positive on the ship May 5

we have yet to received anything from Celebrity if we will be compensated for days in quarantine 

Celebrity did not offer any options, or provide any money to quarantine for the last day , they provide a letter stating she quarantine for 9 days 

They did hand over our passport to immigration which cause a 235€ cab ride to get they back 

They keep her  in an ocean view for 6 days before they finally transferring her to a balcony 

There was terrible service and a lot cold food delivered 

Celebrity will do nothing for you if you test positive on land 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlielinda said:

We did not test on the ship so we are assuming no assistance with Celebrity.  We are quarantining and hoping for negative test soon.  We loved the cruise but do not see us on a cruise out if the country in the future while the rules remain the same. 

Sincere best wishes for a negative test soon. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My wife was at day 9 when we got off in Amsterdam,  sh e test positive on the ship May 5

we have yet to received anything from Celebrity if we will be compensated for days in quarantine 

Celebrity did not offer any options, or provide any money to quarantine for the last day , they provide a letter stating she quarantine for 9 days 

They did hand over our passport to immigration which cause a 235€ cab ride to get they back 

They keep her  in an ocean view for 6 days before they finally transferring her to a balcony 

Best to contact Customer Engagement to file a claim.   For us we got a letter detailing coverage (pre-May1) and instructed to contact Customer Engagement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Best to contact Customer Engagement to file a claim.   For us we got a letter detailing coverage (pre-May1) and instructed to contact Customer Engagement.

I am in quarantine on APEX. I tested + on next to last day of the TA and was offered, verbally, an option of staying on for the next cruise 12nt British Isles, or quarantining in an Amsterdam hotel. We opted to stay onboard. We were told, again, verbally that we needed to contact Flights by Celebrity to change our flights....which we did. So far no written communication about anything....which I suggested, to the Public Health Officer, would make it easier on everyone and cut down on those in quarantine having to call Guest Services. I know this is  new territory for Celebrity but....more communication to those of us in quarantine would be helpful...and appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I am in quarantine on APEX. I tested + on next to last day of the TA and was offered, verbally, an option of staying on for the next cruise 12nt British Isles, or quarantining in an Amsterdam hotel. We opted to stay onboard. We were told, again, verbally that we needed to contact Flights by Celebrity to change our flights....which we did. So far no written communication about anything....which I suggested, to the Public Health Officer, would make it easier on everyone and cut down on those in quarantine having to call Guest Services. I know this is  new territory for Celebrity but....more communication to those of us in quarantine would be helpful...and appreciated. 

Celebrity should had one person in charge of everyone would tested positive and close contacts to give information 

When my wife tested positive , May 5 , unfortunately here mom passed away May 3 , while we were on ship , so she was a cry a lot and mentally rundown , , with run noise she decided to test , on May 6 she felt completely fine

They started to ask for a list of close contacts for them to contact , once she got over  10 names , that said that was too many and I was the only to be considered close contact , were I had mask anytime I left the room and could only eat or drink in the room and get test daily for 6 days since the first day was day 0 

My information was download on the eurofin website , since I didnt have a Wi-Fi package they did for me , I could not access the website for 5 days to see results since they input my birthdate wrong 🙄

when I told them of the mistake they just said not problem , but it was never fix 

Other people who were close contact , after still drank and ate in public and were not tested daily 

There was no consistent information given out by Celebrity 

Another interesting fact , her sister and brother also tested positive on the cruise , they were feeling worst with sore throat , cough and fatigue but none of the spouse tested positive 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

It’s Wednesday afternoon and will take additional tests tonight and keeping testing till Friday morning and hope for negative test for my husband.  My anxiety level is rising … no symptoms at all … we would not be able to get Certificate of Recovery for 10 more days (I think in Netherlands).  I’ve seen places for Certificate on line in 5 or 7 days but can’t seem to find guidelines. If i only lived in Canada … 

2 hours ago, charlielinda said:

It’s Wednesday afternoon and will take additional tests tonight and keeping testing till Friday morning and hope for negative test for my husband.  My anxiety level is rising … no symptoms at all … we would not be able to get Certificate of Recovery for 10 more days (I think in Netherlands).  I’ve seen places for Certificate on line in 5 or 7 days but can’t seem to find guidelines. If i only lived in Canada … 

Why ? It is a great place to live 
you can not enter Canada if you have positive test , you need to quarantine for 10 days

Have a Brother in law on the Apex in quarantine, and sister in law in Amsterdam that cannot come home until 10 days after the test positive 

would you lie on your check in form to get on a plane or lie on the Arrive Canada app ? 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why did you give Celebrity your passports?? That was a pretty crazy thing to do.

20 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Why did you give Celebrity your passports?? That was a pretty crazy thing to do.

Really 🙄

there is a number of ports you hand of your passports for immigration to look them over 

we were never told that they were leaving the ship 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Really 🙄

there is a number of ports you hand of your passports for immigration to look them over 

we were never told that they were leaving the ship 

Never had that happen before on a cruise and I'd never part with my passport under any circumstances. If someone wants to look at it I will be present and make myself available for individual inspection.

4 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Never had that happen before on a cruise and I'd never part with my passport under any circumstances.

Not sure where you have cruised, but we have had to do this many times.  I don't recall we had a choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1