Arcadia - Any ideas what she's up to?

Son of Anarchy

Just noticed that Arcadia snuck out of Southampton last night and is currently east of Norfolk, heading north.

Soton VTS showed her destination as coastal.  Just wondering whether she's heading back to Tyneside or dry dock, or just blowing the cobwebs away?

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just noticed that Arcadia snuck out of Southampton last night and is currently east of Norfolk, heading north.

Soton VTS showed her destination as coastal.  Just wondering whether she's heading back to Tyneside or dry dock, or just blowing the cobwebs away?

According to the Port of Tyne website, she is due to dock at North Shields tomorrow. No date for her leaving.

• Thanks 1

We are due to go on the 19th Round Britain cruise. I checked a couple of days ago and cabins were available at all types. Today it is blanked out completely. Either they have had a last minute surge of bookings or it may not be going ahead? I'm hoping it's because they want to keep the numbers low...🤞

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danamis said:

We are due to go on the 19th Round Britain cruise. I checked a couple of days ago and cabins were available at all types. Today it is blanked out completely. Either they have had a last minute surge of bookings or it may not be going ahead? I'm hoping it's because they want to keep the numbers low...🤞

All  this does nothing to quell the persistent rumours about her future 🤔

If it is just crew shortage it makes me ask many many questions why she has berthed in Portland for the last month or so not just sat at anchor like in lockdown, it does raise questions A about her future and B what is actually going on onboard. I think it is definitely more than just crew shortage especially after her first cruise issues and her sitting alongside, only leaving for a cruise call to use the berth in Portland.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Nothing worse than "rumours" on social media especially if somebody says "i have heard". Believe nothing until it is confirmed by P&O.

Absolutely right, it is only rumours. 

We shall just have to wait and see. 

Andy 

• Like 8

Just seen the same on FB on the Arcadia page from someone who delivers stuff to P&O and knows the staff.  Again, I know only a rumour, but odd to see it again.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2