Help please- Delta/Celebrity air changed my flights-

labdoggomom

5 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

Delta has restored my original flights, but Celebrity has to reissue the tickets. There probably has been an increase in price, which Celebrity will have to absorb. At the current moment Celebrity is refusing to reissue the tickets. I have been on hold with Celebrity Air for an hour. 

Sounds like good news although you really had to earn it.  Good luck with getting it across the finish line.

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Although DELTA  re-changed our flight to the next day for no change fee ( ha ha) we were lucky seats were available.  We had to re schedule our limo to a hotel in Fuminico ( interesting place), and were lucky to find an available hotel on a booking site that took payment in dollars. And more money for meals and  a taxi to the airport!

In Rome we always stay at the Hitlon at the airport for a flight the next day. You can walk to the international terminal from the hotel in 10 minutes. No taxi or transport needed. Through the Hilton app you can book in dollars. The last time there in 2018 a king room was about $200 with breakfast. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to Rome and back. We usually take the shuttle to Rome for dinner and then back to the hotel.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

If it is before final payment, you may want to consider booking directly with Delta.  Just a thought.

The OP may have gotten a more 'economical' fare than what DL may be charging.

bon voyage

Delta changed our (DH, two daughters, and myself) seats to LHR for a July flight when they changed equipment.  I stumbled on the change when entering my daughters passport info.  Because one daughter has a different last name (however, booked on our reservation), and one daughter was flying out of ATL (booked on a separate reservation but with our last name) instead of our hometown where the rest were flying out of, our new assigned seats were scattered about. DH and I were still placed together, but our daughters were sitting in two different areas on the plane, and away from us.    I had to go online and rearrange.  We were all booked in Comfort+.   Now seats were limited.  We went from 2/2 on the outside to a 4 seat row in the middle of the plane.  Not ideal because I like a window seat, but at least we are sitting together. 

What gets me the most is that you give contact information for updates, but you are never alerted to change until checking the reservation.  Now after reading this thread, I am going to check repeatedly.  We were lucky to find seats together.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

What gets me the most is that you give contact information for updates, but you are never alerted to change until checking the reservation.  Now after reading this thread, I am going to check repeatedly.  We were lucky to find seats together.

We have flights next week on AA to St Thomas, not for a cruise, but our flights have changed 5 times since we booked last November, and not once did we get a notice from AA. We are a high AA rewards member with AA Advantage Select Credit card and get nothing for it from AA.  Our flights to St Thomas started out as direct from DFW to STT with mid-morning DFW departure to flights to Miami then connecting to STT departing DFW at 8:00am. Then changed to 7:14 departure and 2 aircraft type changes. We are booked first class so at least we kept good seats through all the changes.

Same experience with our Flights in August on United, many changes and no notice. I check all of our flights online several times a week, because you cannot assume the airlines will ever notify you about changes. Last year we flew to Ft Lauderdale connecting in Atlanta from San Antonio for a cruise first class on Delta. Two days before our departure to Atlanta Delta downsized to a smaller plane with 6 fewer first-class seats and we were part of the 6 who got bumped out on a full flight to economy. We did not know about this until the morning of our flight from San Antonio. We were told we got bumped because we had the cheapest cost of anyone in FC.  We did get free drinks on the flight in Economy and a $200 flight voucher that expired unused last December 31.

Edited by terrydtx

46 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

The OP may have gotten a more 'economical' fare than what DL may be charging.

bon voyage

Yes. A steal. Now Celebrity Engagement is involved. There is an insinuation that there will be a fare increase for me to keep my original flights. I told them that was not an option. They asked to be able to contact me next week with an update. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Last year we flew to Ft Lauderdale connecting in Atlanta from San Antonio for a cruise first class on Delta. Two days before our departure to Atlanta Delta downsized to a smaller plane with 6 fewer first-class seats and we were part of the 6 who got bumped out on a full flight to economy. We did not know about this until the morning of our flight from San Antonio. We were told we got bumped because we had the cheapest cost of anyone in FC.  We did get free drinks on the flight in Economy and a $200 flight voucher that expired unused last December 31.

Many years ago (1982) for our honeymoon to Hawaii, my wife and I did a stopover at San Francisco for a few days so that my wife and I could stay at Yosemite.  In driving back from Yosemite to SFO to catch our over-the-water flight to HNL for which we had First Class tickets, I misjudged the driving time and we got to the airport later than I wanted.  We didn't miss the flight but we got to the desk at the gate pretty much after everyone else had checked in. 

As I was waiting at the desk, the gate attendant had just finished making an announcement over the PA that the original 2 class of service 747 that was scheduled to be used was being replaced at the last minute by a 3 class of service 747 that was normally used for long hauls to the Far East (aka Royal Pacific Service).  She said that the number of 1st class seats on the new plane was much less than on the original plane and that all First Class passengers had to come back to the gate to get re-seated.  Suddenly instead of being last to check in, I was first in line for the re-seating and my wife and I managed to get one of the few First Class sleepers located in the section under the cockpit with the spiral staircase.  That was my first "being bumped" story because of a plane change.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

Yes. A steal. Now Celebrity Engagement is involved. There is an insinuation that there will be a fare increase for me to keep my original flights. I told them that was not an option. They asked to be able to contact me next week with an update. 

As an "old" (in every sense of the word haha) travel agent, I'd want to know exactly what flights my tickets were issued for AND the date of their issue.   IF they were issued for your original (and now new) itinerary, the rules in the past would allow the ticketing agency to either leave them as is - or, if for example a fare code had changed, to reissue them as an even exchange.  I may be overthinking this, but it's hard to believe that FBC reissued those original tickets (to accommodate the schedule change/flight change)  this far in advance of travel.  I have to believe that agencies/airlines/consolidators are so overwhelmed now that they work everything in departure date order so that the originally issued tickets are for the original now new flights.  Just my two cents with fingers crossed that they fix this for you.

16 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

As an "old" (in every sense of the word haha) travel agent, I'd want to know exactly what flights my tickets were issued for AND the date of their issue.   IF they were issued for your original (and now new) itinerary, the rules in the past would allow the ticketing agency to either leave them as is - or, if for example a fare code had changed, to reissue them as an even exchange.  I may be overthinking this, but it's hard to believe that FBC reissued those original tickets (to accommodate the schedule change/flight change)  this far in advance of travel.  I have to believe that agencies/airlines/consolidators are so overwhelmed now that they work everything in departure date order so that the originally issued tickets are for the original now new flights.  Just my two cents with fingers crossed that they fix this for you.

Issued March 26. 

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The hotel also offers a free shuttle to Rome and back. We usually take the shuttle to Rome for dinner and then back to the hotel.

Just a heads up that the shuttle has not been running since the start of COVID and there is no information given about when it might resume.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just a heads up that the shuttle has not been running since the start of COVID and there is no information given about when it might resume.

That's a shame, but still good hotel for night before frying out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, labdoggomom said:

December

If you’re not traveling until December, the chances are you’ll have further schedule changes between now and then. The fat lady of schedule changes hasn’t begun to sing yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, terrydtx said:

In Rome we always stay at the Hitlon at the airport for a flight the next day. You can walk to the international terminal from the hotel in 10 minutes. No taxi or transport needed. Through the Hilton app you can book in dollars. The last time there in 2018 a king room was about $200 with breakfast. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to Rome and back. We usually take the shuttle to Rome for dinner and then back to the hotel.

Good to know.. we were inexperienced and  took what we could find to pay in US Dollars and were totally not familiar with the area.   We booked a Marriot, right in Fuminco.. it was very authentic,.pizza slices we ordered were cut with a scissor

( like dh grandma) and charged by weight,,..cute places to walk, several restaurants ( near the police station)  and we net very interesting folks. One of those unplanned short adventures!

Happy OP  issues were resolved ....for now. Must keep checking!

We are watching our Nov cruuse flts..just to Fl.   Now on Sw Air after Frontier dumped us!

To the OP.  If the engagement center can't help you retain your original fare then I would suggest you escalate to the executive offices by sending a concise email to the office of LPP explaining the situation and what you have done to try to resolve.  It appears Delta is willing to help out here and FBC is dragging their heels.  The representatives in her office are generally good at "doing the right thing" as long as you have exhausted the regular escalation chain and have a valid claim (which to me it sounds like you do).  lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

Good to know.. we were inexperienced and  took what we could find to pay in US Dollars and were totally not familiar with the area

For our August cruises, we have hotels booked in Rome, Florence and Venice all in Euros and they were booked earlier this year. Now that the Euro is at about $1.05 to 1 all of the hotels are much less in cost for us, the advantage of booking in Euros instead of dollars. At the time we booked the Euro was about $1.18 to 1. We also use credit cards that do not charge and foreign transaction fees when they convert Euros to dollars for any charges in the EU. For example our Florence hotel was booked at 240 Euros a night, when booked that was $282 but now it is $252 a night. For our 3 nights in Florence, we are saving $90.

Edited by terrydtx

I'm booked for a cruise on the Celebrity Beyond for June 13, 2002. I booked my flights on Flights by Celebrity. The airline changed their schedule which resulted in a change in my flights so it now includes a long layover after an international flight. My travel agent and I have contacted Flights by Celebrity at least 10 times over the past month trying to get new flights. I'm furious with Flights by Celebrity -- I have spent hours on hold only to be disconnected and there is no hope in sight for changing my flights. I have very low expectations for my vacation based on Celebrity's total lack of customer service. 

11 minutes ago, Muroberts1 said:

I'm booked for a cruise on the Celebrity Beyond for June 13, 2002. I booked my flights on Flights by Celebrity. The airline changed their schedule which resulted in a change in my flights so it now includes a long layover after an international flight. My travel agent and I have contacted Flights by Celebrity at least 10 times over the past month trying to get new flights. I'm furious with Flights by Celebrity -- I have spent hours on hold only to be disconnected and there is no hope in sight for changing my flights. I have very low expectations for my vacation based on Celebrity's total lack of customer service. 

It looks like you have already made your final payment, have you tried dealing direct with the airlines on your changes in itinerary? 

I did contact Virgin Air directly after getting the following message from my travel agent after she spoke with Flights by Celebrity:

"Celebrity air department is stating that Virgin declined it again for the class of seat not being available. And that to change to the requested flight you may need to change class of seat, for example premium economy/ comfort plus, business/ first class. They suggested actually doing it with Virgin airline directly since it involves upgrading the ticket(s).

If the upgrade option does not work we have to find a different connecting flight with Virgin".

Virgin Airlines said only the cruise line could rebook the ticket (and noted there were no notes in the file about being contacted by Celebrity Cruises to rebook the last leg of my flight). When I called celebrity again to let them know Virgin Air said they did not decline my request, I was then told there were no more seats on the flight I was trying to book. There may have been seats left on the flight when I first reached out to Flights by Celebrity three weeks earlier. 

• 4 months later...

I can sympathize with everyone who has issues with Celebrity Air. We booked business class tickets for Apex sailing out of Amsterdam on September 1, six months in advance. Noting but problems. Cancelled flights, no effort to rebook, no changes in itinerary (even before final payment). No seat assignments on British Air unless paid British Air extra.  Downgraded from Business to Economy on return flights that took hours to correct. No communication between airlines and Celebrity and airline would not change anything on my initiative. Piece de resistance was when we were on the ship, three days from disembarkation, when United cancelled our return for no apparent reason. We got a form note from Celebrity Air saying they would look at it within "72 hours". No way that was going to work. I spent two hours on the phone from the ship (at 2 am) directly with United and found it was an issue with partner Lufthansa and they were able to get it reinstated. WE NEVER HEARD FROM CELEBRITY AIR.

Please be careful of their offer. You may be better off doing the reservations yourself. Our total was 10 extra hours on the phone, two unanswered emails, and $200 extra to British Air. A search through Google Flights and LuxAir agency indicated I could have had similar itineraries for very close to Celebrity's price.

23 minutes ago, hilphd001 said:

I can sympathize with everyone who has issues with Celebrity Air. We booked business class tickets for Apex sailing out of Amsterdam on September 1, six months in advance. Noting but problems. Cancelled flights, no effort to rebook, no changes in itinerary (even before final payment). No seat assignments on British Air unless paid British Air extra.  Downgraded from Business to Economy on return flights that took hours to correct. No communication between airlines and Celebrity and airline would not change anything on my initiative. Piece de resistance was when we were on the ship, three days from disembarkation, when United cancelled our return for no apparent reason. We got a form note from Celebrity Air saying they would look at it within "72 hours". No way that was going to work. I spent two hours on the phone from the ship (at 2 am) directly with United and found it was an issue with partner Lufthansa and they were able to get it reinstated. WE NEVER HEARD FROM CELEBRITY AIR.

Please be careful of their offer. You may be better off doing the reservations yourself. Our total was 10 extra hours on the phone, two unanswered emails, and $200 extra to British Air. A search through Google Flights and LuxAir agency indicated I could have had similar itineraries for very close to Celebrity's price.

What a nightmare.