What's on the health questionnaire?

catspaw1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Not necessarily. It just means you will be pulled aside and asked some follow-up questions.

So what would preclude you from being allowed on board? Concerned because we tested positive.

Just now, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need a negative test.  A positive test would be a no go.  

That I already know. Not sure how we will test so waiting till next week. But I understand you can test positive long after COVID is over.

23 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

That I already know. Not sure how we will test so waiting till next week. But I understand you can test positive long after COVID is over.

You certainly can test positive after Covid is over.  There are both false positives and false negatives from testing, but the one thing that is clear in this mess is you must provide a certificate of recovery (good in many countries) or a negative test.

35 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You certainly can test positive after Covid is over. 

Up to 90 days on a PCR test, which is why they are now giving the option of a certificate of recovery by a doctor.

However, you are allowed to now have an antigen test.

From recent Celebrity e-mail:

"Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***."

2 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

So what would preclude you from being allowed on board? Concerned because we tested positive.

If you tested positive in the 14 days prior to your sailing, you will be denied boarding even if you can produce a negative test later.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Not necessarily. It just means you will be pulled aside and asked some follow-up questions.

Pulled aside and entered into a queue to speak to someone, if a lot of people are there you could be there a while.

Bermuda does not accept a certificate of recovery. I was positive 14 days from sail date, my husband 13 days. So cutting it very close. We don't want to lie. Timing could not have been worse to get it. Have no idea where I got it as I always wear an N95 inside. Maybe at the dentist? Don't know. And covid is more than just a cold - it's like the flu. Fortunately we were able to get pavalox so starting to feel better already. How would they know what date you tested positive anyway?

42 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Bermuda does not accept a certificate of recovery. I was positive 14 days from sail date, my husband 13 days. So cutting it very close. We don't want to lie. Timing could not have been worse to get it. Have no idea where I got it as I always wear an N95 inside. Maybe at the dentist? Don't know. And covid is more than just a cold - it's like the flu. Fortunately we were able to get pavalox so starting to feel better already. How would they know what date you tested positive anyway?

Actually we just recounted the days. I'm 15 days out & hubby 14 so just under the wire. We have been trying to concentrate on getting well before the cruise with lots of rest so weren't really counting the days.

How far in advance do we need to do that questionnaire? Is it only on the Celebrity app? Can we do the questionnaire with a PC instead at Celebrity.com?

I rarely even look at airline/hotel/cruise line apps unless those data are not available on the PC. Princess is guilty of that!🤔

Thanks.

Doug

14 hours ago, SusieV said:

If you tested positive in the 14 days prior to your sailing, you will be denied boarding even if you can produce a negative test later.

I am surprised at this.  I would think a negative test would be all that was needed. 

My husband, who has pretty good allergies, answered "yes" to congestion/runny nose....not sure how it was worded.   This got him several little interviews and finally a new covid test.   He tested negative, so we got on board a little after 2pm.    Given the number of covid cases on that cruise (Equinox, May 6), I'm sure many people were not so honest.

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

How far in advance do we need to do that questionnaire? Is it only on the Celebrity app? Can we do the questionnaire with a PC instead at Celebrity.com?

I rarely even look at airline/hotel/cruise line apps unless those data are not available on the PC. Princess is guilty of that!🤔

Thanks.

Doug

It becomes available in the app at noon the day prior to your embarkation. I do not believe it can be completed on the web site. If you do not complete it in the app prior to checking in at the pier, you can complete it on a tablet there.

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

It becomes available in the app at noon the day prior to your embarkation. I do not believe it can be completed on the web site. If you do not complete it in the app prior to checking in at the pier, you can complete it on a tablet there.

Thanks very much. Makes sense those questions are asked just before sailing.

Are you old enough to remember the way "it used to be done"? We used to have to fill out a paper questionnaire as we checked in at the pier. That was so useful......yeah, like people would say they were too ill to board the ship! What goes around comes around; now here we are doing the same thing again.....but this time on our phones instead of on paper.😎

Doug

2 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks very much. Makes sense those questions are asked just before sailing.

Are you old enough to remember the way "it used to be done"? We used to have to fill out a paper questionnaire as we checked in at the pier. That was so useful......yeah, like people would say they were too ill to board the ship! What goes around comes around; now here we are doing the same thing again.....but this time on our phones instead of on paper.😎

Doug

I never saw a health questionnaire in an app before the restart. I only sailed on NCL before the restart, so I don't know what other cruises did back then, but we always had to fill out the paper questionnaire at the pier and they never had any pens or pencils. That's why a pen is now always on my packing list! Since the restart, NCL is now also doing questionnaires in an app/online. I sailed with them in September.

1 hour ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I am surprised at this.  I would think a negative test would be all that was needed. 

The question that, if answered truthfully, could eliminate a number is being asked if during the past 14 days you are aware that you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.  The reality is most probably have been in contact with someone positive, but may not be aware of it.  This question is why we will continue to “lay low” before our next cruise.