Does NCL accept Walgreens Rapid ID NOW test

con3

Hello. I beleive NCL takes the walgreens ID NOW test but wanted to check here and see if any of you have used it. Just want to make sure I am reading it correct. Thanks!

Connie

My coworkers have sailed on CCL and RC - both used Walgreen’s and boarded without question. My plan is to utilize Walgreen’s for my cruise in September….and (currently) the test is free!!

• 1 month later...

Just a fyi - Walgreens testing might not be free anymore. When you go to the site to request an appointment, there is a notice that pops up that says you might have to pay unless you meet the government requirements (whatever that means). Of course they don't tell you how much. I contacted them and the response was "If there's a charge for Covid-19 testing it will be $129"

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:00 AM, con3 said:

I think so to. It says rapid antigen or naat but then in parenthesis it has (I.e pcr) that is what threw me because its not a pcr

I am confused about this as well...."Rapid NAAT" tests at Walgreens is a new offering for us and the wording is vague (meets most pre-travel requirements).  The cost is $129....it sure would be nice if NCL does accept the rapid NAAT, because we can set up appointments within 4 miles of us!

3 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

I am confused about this as well...."Rapid NAAT" tests at Walgreens is a new offering for us and the wording is vague (meets most pre-travel requirements).  The cost is $129....it sure would be nice if NCL does accept the rapid NAAT, because we can set up appointments within 4 miles of us!

I've used the walgreens rapid NAAT test for 2 cruises, no problem.  But it was free then.  A video-proctored test is considerably cheaper at the moment.

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I've used the walgreens rapid NAAT test for 2 cruises, no problem.  But it was free then.  A video-proctored test is considerably cheaper at the moment.

Thanks for this information!  I have until October to decide which way we'll go with this, and really hoping that this requirement is dropped totally.

1 minute ago, FlGoodShips said:

Went to Walgreens and had them do the rapid NAAT test. NCL accepted it. Also was free.

We did the same in April for a cruise.

If you have any questions, ask to speak with someone in the pharmacy.

I decided to play it safe, go into the store more than a month in advance, and ask the pharmacist about the free NAAT.  I printed out a sheet of NCL's requirements.  She let me know that as long as the government was sending them tests to give out (for free) they would have them available.

Wondering if the current disinterest in COVID testing is going to end that program, I believe I will ask the pharmacist again on my next trip in, have a September cruise quickly approaching.

Looked at the Walgreen's website today and looks like there are changes coming.  Probably going to be a fee and could only book 3 days in advance.  Though maybe the calendar is off cause they are revamping the site for people having to pay.  IDK.  Trying not to freak out since that was my plan for my upcoming cruise.  Now I'm debating ordering a proctored test, so I know I have a test on the right day. 

4 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

Ugh! Walgreens was the only free site I knew we could all be tested at.  3 weeks away and now I need to come up with plan B

Check with your local Doc ina Box.  We used American Family Care.  No charge to us.  No appointment required.  Walked in, got our test done and were on our way within 30 minutes.

• Like 1

So I went to Walgreens today (Maine) and they told be the rapid antigen tests are still free until the run out of the supply given to them by the State of Maine.  You can definitely use their tests for Ncl as I used them 3 weeks ago with no issues with ncl.  If your Walgreens doesn't have the free ones check another store in your area, they might have them still.