Carnival Freedom June 2 and 6 cancelled

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They had to cut farther down the funnel than I expected. I expect she will look like this until her next drydock, whenever that may be.

Not necessarily a bad thing, at least if something else happens, the hoses will reach it. It also looks much more vented so maybe that is a benefit too? Don't look to bad IMO. 

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, quattrohead said:

That funnel is exactly as I envisioned it as is the timing....no I am not a Carnival insider LOL

Well, you are now 😁

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Just undocked at 7:20pm.  Nice leisurely steam at about 12-13 knots to PC.

Doing 18.5 know now with an ETA @PC of 0411.  You were, of course, right all along.  I hope you kept a list of all the people you need to feed crow.

6 hours ago, CajunOyster said:

Doing 18.5 know now with an ETA @PC of 0411.  You were, of course, right all along.  I hope you kept a list of all the people you need to feed crow.

I don't do that, but until she actually picks up passengers in PC, we won't know if she might make a right turn and head for the scrapyard, right after they pay for the funnel work.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I don't do that, but until she actually picks up passengers in PC, we won't know if she might make a right turn and head for the scrapyard, right after they pay for the funnel work.  😉

Seems unlikely, you joker you.

Edited by KmomChicago

32 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Sailing on this ship Freedom in Sept will the funnel have been replaced by then ? Not sure when scheduled dry dock is.

Next docking isn't until next year.  Funnel will not likely be replaced before that.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Next docking isn't until next year.  Funnel will not likely be replaced before that.

I bet it increases the passenger compacity on that ship. People wanting pictures of the missing funnel/ wings.

Edited by BasicSailor

12 hours ago, CajunOyster said:

Actually @quattrohead is the only one that got it right.   He called 8-ball in the corner pocket and the shot fell.   Truncated stack, sheet Metal job all the way.  

In the end it was not feasible to fix the wing or replace the wing in time to make the next sailing,   fixing to return it to the original spec probably will be done next time they are in dry dock,   so the claim that this was a wet willie all along did not hold up.    

And the length of time that will have transpired before the 'wing' is repaired will be significantly longer.

But passengers are sailing,   and that is what really counts here.

Happy Sailing 

Edited by JRG

1 hour ago, JRG said:

Actually @quattrohead is the only one that got it right.   He called 8-ball in the corner pocket and the shot fell.   Truncated stack, sheet Metal job all the way.  

In the end it was not feasible to fix the wing or replace the wing in time to make the next sailing,   fixing to return it to the original spec probably will be done next time they are in dry dock,   so the claim that this was a wet willie all along did not hold up.    

And the length of time that will have transpired before the 'wing' is repaired will be significantly longer.

But passengers are sailing,   and that is what really counts here.

Happy Sailing 

I suppose she STILL technically hasn't sailed yet, so that 25:1 on the scrapyard is still in play.  Hold all tickets.

And she's off!

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

.00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

And not necessarily unique to Carnival ships...Jubilee had her funnel docked when she became Paccific Sun for P&O-AU.    Tropical lost hers when she went to Costa.  EM

Guest BasicSailor

Maybe it's going to be left like that 😉. Who knows when a wing burns off it could jinx the ship to replace it.