Why cabin change if positive?

1 minute ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If you test positive during your cruise, why can’t you just quarantine in your own cabin?  

They don't want you to mix with other passengers and closer to med. Also, the CDC made them.

9 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If you test positive during your cruise, why can’t you just quarantine in your own cabin?  

I was allowed to stay in my cabin when I tested positive.  My DH was testing negative and was given a balcony cabin.  I was told my cabin was concerned a "sick room" and I didn't have to move.

• Like 1

I agree OP...I book suites and if I'm going to be quarantined and NOT allowed to leave my cabin I want to stay in it. Other than the CDC rule there's really no reason for this.

• Like 2

When my husband tested positive for Influenza A (on our last cruise February 2020), he was quarantined in our existing cabin. If you don’t leave the cabin, there is no cross contamination. Our cabin attendant wasn’t allowed in our cabin and any room service food was left outside our cabin door. It really doesn’t make sense to move everybody around. That’s when you stand a greater chance of passing on the virus. 

• Like 2

passengers can be monitored easily, both medically and making sure they behave. Less chance of passengers sneaking out either on to their balcony or roaming the halls. And if a passenger does roam while on the isolation deck, they’re only contaminating other sick passengers. 

Instead of a hundred room service staff being exposed while bringing you meals and supplies, only handful are being exposed, and they can be fully hazmat. Whether or not they are is another question. But if they are doing it right, they can mitigate infections.

out of sight, out of mind is another reason. Nothing says a good time like a big yellow sign posted on your neighbor’s door.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I agree OP...I book suites and if I'm going to be quarantined and NOT allowed to leave my cabin I want to stay in it. Other than the CDC rule there's really no reason for this.

Same here, usually in a JS or above.  I'm kinda claustrophobic and that is about the only thing that has me concerned while cruising.  Ending up in an interior room with no window, I will go stark raving mad :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just because😉

Accept that or don't cruise is the best answer

That's why we did an AI earlier this year vs. a cruise. At least at the AI the quarantine rooms had balconies and a view of the ocean. OK you needed a pair of binoculars but you could still see it. 😉

Because if they make it miserable enough (lesser cabin, iffy room service, nothing to do) then people will not self-report.  Less people in quarantine to take care of and less official covid numbers that way.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

Same here, usually in a JS or above.  I'm kinda claustrophobic and that is about the only thing that has me concerned while cruising.  Ending up in an interior room with no window, I will go stark raving mad :classic_biggrin:

I would go crazy without a bathtub !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jk04 said:

Be careful... the "thought police" will tell you not to cruise if you are concerned. I know you were expressing your feelings rather than asking for their advice, but they don't seem to be able to control themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

How are people being tested during their cruise?  Is there random testing throughout the cruise?  

Until the rules get changed, as long as people choose to get tested by Royal as soon as they cough or have a sniffle, we'll be seeing the "I'm outraged!  I tested positive and they moved me from my Grand Suite to a room with just a window!!!" threads...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

How are people being tested during their cruise?  Is there random testing throughout the cruise?  

There is not random testing throughout the cruise.  Non vaccinated kids are being tested prior to the cruise and at the end of the cruise but only other testing I am aware of are of those who go to medical.  

32 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Until the rules get changed, as long as people choose to get tested by Royal as soon as they cough or have a sniffle, we'll be seeing the "I'm outraged!  I tested positive and they moved me from my Grand Suite to a room with just a window!!!" threads...

Not everyone goes to medical with a cough or a sniffle.  I went because of a high fever and other concerning issues.  I went because I knew I couldn't fly home in the condition I was in and because of current CDC and airline protocols.  By going to medical, I do not have to pay for all of my expenses that I incurred while I was isolating.  I went to medical because it was the right thing to do.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is not random testing throughout the cruise.  Non vaccinated kids are being tested prior to the cruise and at the end of the cruise but only other testing I am aware of are of those who go to medical.  

Gotcha.  I saw people posting about being quarantined, but no one was saying how or why they were being tested.  But if they feel sick and go to medical, they get tested and if positive they get quarantined.  

• Like 1