Do Kids (< 18) get Diamond Perks?

I recall in the past kids were not entitled to Diamond or D+ perks, but recent threads make it sound like kids are now able to get these perks. My D+ teens would love free Cokes and internet days. Are these benefits extended to them?

38 minutes ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

I recall in the past kids were not entitled to Diamond or D+ perks, but recent threads make it sound like kids are now able to get these perks. My D+ teens would love free Cokes and internet days. Are these benefits extended to them?

The LA has a special benefit sheet showing the under 18 benefits.  I am currently on the Quantum, and I will get a copy and post it to this thread.  They will get drink vouchers for non-alcoholic drinks.

• Like 2

My 8 and 12 year-old nieces made great use of their Diamond drinks to order virgin daiquiris and pina coladas on Harmony last week.

I took the 12 year-old to get a drink (and a real one for myself) several times...then I was stuck tipping for her. 😠🤣 I was trying to be a good uncle at least.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

So can I use my kiddo's cards to get more free diamond drinks?? 

I’d advise you to run for cover. This topic came up a while back and it started well but quickly turned sour. Before the day was out posters wanted bar staff to walk the plank for even considering it. 

My read of it is that some people have said they have done it but most say it’s not possible. Kids vouchers for soft drinks only. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’d advise you to run for cover. This topic came up a while back and it started well but quickly turned sour. Before the day was out posters wanted bar staff to walk the plank for even considering it. 

My read of it is that some people have said they have done it but most say it’s not possible. Kids vouchers for soft drinks only. 

Next cruise I'm putting down one of my daughter's cards down along with a fin. I'm betting it works. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’ve read some say they heard others did it.  I have yet to read a comment from someone saying firsthand they did it.   So I’m doubtful that this is something that is more than a very rare situation.  One certainly shouldn’t plan on it and make beverage package decisions based on getting alcoholic drinks using their kids Diamond drinks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Royal now recognizes children as 12 and below. My daughter was a D+ for most of her below 12 and below years.  It was not until she turned 13 did she start getting the full D+ benefits. 

I’m confused.  So over 12 get different benefits than younger kids? 

Did your daughter get the free photo that comes with D+ or the free bag of laundry for example?   I’ve never seen these as a benefit for non adults.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

I’m confused.  So over 12 get different benefits than younger kids? 

Did your daughter get the free photo that comes with D+ or the free bag of laundry for example?   I’ve never seen these as a benefit for non adults.  

There is one set of benefits for all kids regardless of age.  They do not get the photo or laundry.

I think the confusion was Royal added a few additional benefits in 2019 (4 free non alcoholic drinks) for all guests

4 hours ago, rolloman said:

Royal now recognizes children as 12 and below. My daughter was a D+ for most of her below 12 and below years.  It was not until she turned 13 did she start getting the full D+ benefits. 

Kids do not get full benefits.  Royal did expand the kids benefits in 2019 to include some extra offers but all kids regardless of age get the same benefits.  Kids (12 and under)are only classed separately for the purpose of KSF other than that they are all kids.

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

In the recent thread, no one felt the staff was at fault. I believe many felt the adults who asked a staff member to risk their job to serve a minor is what was wrong. 

Everything except alcohol is fair game, Including smoothies from the oasis class ship spas. 

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Next cruise I'm putting down one of my daughter's cards down along with a fin. I'm betting it works. 

I hope it doesn’t work. Do you ever think about what you are teaching your kids? You’re showing them that cheating and lying works and that you’re putting the bar server in an awkward position. You know that they’re trying to be good workers and to be liked by the guests…they have a conscience too.  
Kids pick up on how their parents behave and take the path of least resistance. When your kids are older teenagers and if caught cheating and/or lying, I hope you take a look in the mirror and blame the person you see.  
What made you think that lying and cheating works..you learned it from someone…try to break the cycle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I hope it doesn’t work. Do you ever think about what you are teaching your kids? You’re showing them that cheating and lying works and that you’re putting the bar server in an awkward position. You know that they’re trying to be good workers and to be liked by the guests…they have a conscience too.  
Kids pick up on how their parents behave and take the path of least resistance. When your kids are older teenagers and if caught cheating and/or lying, I hope you take a look in the mirror and blame the person you see.  
What made you think that lying and cheating works..you learned it from someone…try to break the cycle.

Thank you for your advice. My advice in return to you is to lighten up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

That is just not true...my kid uses her D+ voucher and receives whatever non-alcoholic drink she wants all by herself whenever she wants.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Kids do not get full benefits.  Royal did expand the kids benefits in 2019 to include some extra offers but all kids regardless of age get the same benefits.  Kids (12 and under)are only classed separately for the purpose of KSF other than that they are all kids.

There is one thing we know for certain; Royal Caribbean is not consistent. Whatever is printed on the web site is not always how things play out while onboard. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rolloman said:

There is one thing we know for certain; Royal Caribbean is not consistent. Whatever is printed on the web site is not always how things play out while onboard. 

The website and the on board benefits are two entirely separate things and not related. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rolloman said:

That is just not true...my kid uses her D+ voucher and receives whatever non-alcoholic drink she wants all by herself whenever she wants.

And that would be fun to get a ‘soft’ pina colada or ‘soft’ fancy drink.  😊