Special Occasion Celebration?

I think I saw this somewhere before, but never paid attention, as it wasn't relevant. Does Royal do anything to celebrate birthdays during a sailing?  If so, do I need to call them, or can it be noted through my reservation online? Just to clarify, this is for an adult, not a child. 🙂

I booked directly online, not through a travel agent.

12 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

Does Royal do anything to celebrate birthdays during a sailing?

Just a FYI, we got a cake for my SIL a few years ago.  I think it was 25 bucks.  They delivered it to the table and sang happy birthday.  It embarrassed her, so I was happy.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

We've gotten both anniversary and birthday cake and I don't recall paying anything extra for them. Was several years ago though, so may be yet another of the things that just "went away".

A very long time ago you could get a free cake. Pretty soon everyone was celebrating something just to get the free cake so they wised up and started charging. They are quite good though. 

• Like 1

Had a note on our reservation last month sailing to celebrate husband’s 60th birthday. Decided to bring decorations for room (used magnets to hang from ceiling and on door to cabin) and numbered candles. Gave candles to server night of his birthday and him and a few other dining room staff sang to him.   They put the candle on slice of cake that they serve in dining room. Don’t think anyone in the dining room would have done anything if we didn’t ask so even though on reservation still need to talk to wait staff. It was the perfect amount of celebration 🎉 9FEE7097-996F-444C-A1A7-92551310D980.thumb.jpeg.256d1402aae318d8297d34649e4a6f57.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, george35 said:

We will be celabrating our 65th annv. on the Harmony on the july 3rd sailing how do I get the ship to surprise my wife with a little surprise in our room??

george35 

That's great! (I don't know the answer to your question though.)

1 hour ago, cruzvaca said:

Had a note on our reservation last month sailing to celebrate husband’s 60th birthday. Decided to bring decorations for room (used magnets to hang from ceiling and on door to cabin) and numbered candles. Gave candles to server night of his birthday and him and a few other dining room staff sang to him.   They put the candle on slice of cake that they serve in dining room. Don’t think anyone in the dining room would have done anything if we didn’t ask so even though on reservation still need to talk to wait staff. It was the perfect amount of celebration 🎉 9FEE7097-996F-444C-A1A7-92551310D980.thumb.jpeg.256d1402aae318d8297d34649e4a6f57.jpeg

That looks great!

2 hours ago, george35 said:

We will be celabrating our 65th annv. on the Harmony on the july 3rd sailing how do I get the ship to surprise my wife with a little surprise in our room??

george35 

Go to the planner and order something. 

We recently sailed during my husband's birthday and the cabin attendant made our towels  in the shape of a cake,  and left a lovely note. 

Let the dining room staff know and they will have a piece of cake/candle  for you both. 

congrats.

M

• Like 1

Problem is, half the ship at least, is celebrating something.  They couldn't possibly do something for everyone celebrating an anniversary, birthday, engagement, graduation, etc.  You can purchase a cake, decorations and waitstaff will sing happy birthday (usually badly lol).

• Like 2

For my husband’s birthday I ordered the birthday celebration, I believe it was $40.00.  Our cabin was decorated when we arrived. I also brought additional decorations. We went to Chops for his birthday and the waiter brought him a piece of cake with a candle. 

• Like 1

We ordered a cake for our daughter's 21st birthday in Chops.  This was 2015 and it cost $13.  It was very good cake - as good as we get from local bakeries at home.   And less expensive.  

17 hours ago, george35 said:

george35 

Cruise planner.   $$

We took my mother on Symphony last month and it was her 80th birthday present. Our TA noted it on our reservation and we decorated her door ourselves. A few days into our 7 night sailing, she received a card with a $50 credit to Vitality Spa. The dining room did not sing to her on the designated date we had planned to celebrate her bday, however I'm certain they would have had we asked.

9 hours ago, dex08 said:

We took my mother on Symphony last month and it was her 80th birthday present. Our TA noted it on our reservation and we decorated her door ourselves. A few days into our 7 night sailing, she received a card with a $50 credit to Vitality Spa. The dining room did not sing to her on the designated date we had planned to celebrate her bday, however I'm certain they would have had we asked.

I received one of these last month.  It just appeared.  No occasion.  😉  😄 

• Like 1