Are door decorations still a thing on RCI? Anything I should know?

20 hours ago, tallgirl97 said:

Cruising with a group celebrating a 50th anniversary and would like to put up some door decorations - was thinking of printing them out on magnetic paper to attach to the door. From what I've read online, this is actually against RCI's guest code of conduct, *but* door decorations seem to be popular on RCI and staff don't mind as long as they don't impede cabin access. Can anyone confirm this?

Many years ago, our cabin steward placed this on our door. We've been using it ever since. We've used other door magnets before this one...but they disappeared. This anniversary sign is fairly large (16 inches x 14 inches at the widest points) and helps me identify our cabin door.

20220626_121720.jpg

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Many years ago, our cabin steward placed this on our door. We've been using it ever since. We've used other door magnets before this one...but they disappeared. This anniversary sign is fairly large (16 inches x 14 inches at the widest points) and helps me identify our cabin door.

20220626_121720.jpg

That was on our last Harmony cruise earlier this month.  😉  My sister is to blame. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Ummm...no thanks.  Not into that kind of advertising.  😮 😲

I agree with you. The thing is if you did it as a joke others wouldn’t know it was a joke. You might have some unexpected visitors. 🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:11 AM, 2chiefs said:

We usually put something up. Typically a holiday theme if the cruise is near a holiday

On our Bermuda cruise on Mariner in May, we saw one cabin with a magnetic white with and pen. Random cruisers would write interesting things on there.

That cabin was across from ours and my husband would write on the board “Good Morning”

Edited by CariAnn
Grammar

20 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, the decorations are stolen all the time. We put $100 bills on the door to help locate our stateroom and they keep disappearing. 

Same here!

What gives?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yes, they are offering some "lovely" garage sale furniture leftovers at half price in the SL on Harmony.  😄   

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Are they having garage sales now onboard?  

Mystery solved where all the missing/taken door decorations ended up at. 

• Like 1