ARRIVECAN DOCUMENT

5 minutes ago, gfargo53 said:

does anyone know if we have to download the arrivecan app if we are cruising seattle to alaska and stopping in victoria for last port stop before returning to seattle

You need an ArriveCAN QR code to sail to Alaska. They are suppose to get the QR code at check-in and deny boarding if you don't have one. Some ships are not collecting codes until you are onboard. 

You can do a lot of the set up in advance. Then fill in your cruise information 72 hours before embarkation. 

Edited by BirdTravels

17 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

For those without smartphones, what is the option re QR code?

You can use a computer along with the app to provide the information required.

If I remember correctly, an email was sent with the qr code. When our ship arrived in Canada, no one visting the port was asked for any information regarding Arrivecan. I have read many posts also stating nothing was asked for when visiting Canadian ports. 

14 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

You can use a computer along with the app to provide the information required.

If I remember correctly, an email was sent with the qr code. When our ship arrived in Canada, no one visting the port was asked for any information regarding Arrivecan. I have read many posts also stating nothing was asked for when visiting Canadian ports. 

The ArriveCAN QR code is linked to your passport so the CBSA officers can see it when they check your passport. For arrivals into Canada this check occurs before you depart the ship. 

59 minutes ago, ARP said:

Completed ArriveCan when flying into Vancouver and again when disembarking my cruise. Nobody ever asked to see it

Then the airline you flew on (or the gate people) failed to do their due diligence.

Alaska Airlines in Seattle wouldn't let you past the boarding gate until they ensured you had a completed ArriveCAN document.

51 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Does each person (example, my wife and I) each need to download the app and submit or can I do it all in one for myself and my wife? 

Families can all be done at the same time in the same document.

1 hour ago, ARP said:

Completed ArriveCan when flying into Vancouver and again when disembarking my cruise. Nobody ever asked to see it

Did some official ask to see your passport? If so, then they saw your ArriveCan submission. It links to your passport.

Ask on a board like this, and you will get numerous answers.  But go to RCCL and they will tell you exactly what you need, and than go to your airlines and they will tell you also.  Than come back here and see how many wrong answers

Edited by Joseph2017China

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Ask on a board like this, and you will get numerous answers.  But go to RCCL and they will tell you exactly what you need, and than go to your airlines and they will tell you also.  Than come back here and see how many wrong answers

No wrong answers on this thread. 

5 hours ago, ARP said:

that's because once you enter all the info, it automatically goes to border services and they have all the info.  so no need to ask you for it.