Elite Status Benefits

Dodger Blue

You can order tea for one for the two of you to split. Or let them know you'd like just scones with jam and cream to go with your tea.

I went to the free wine tasting on my last three cruises. The upgraded bathroom amenities have been hit and miss since the restart. I enjoyed getting 10% off shore excursions on my last couple of cruises. I am not booking any on my upcoming cruise. It's 16 days long. I'll definitely be sending out laundry several times.

14 hours ago, geoherb said:

You can order tea for one for the two of you to split. Or let them know you'd like just scones with jam and cream to go with your tea.

Is afternoon tea served in the cabin, or simply delivered, same as room service?  I'm aware that afternoon tea in the cabin is available for elite, but have never ordered it.

3 hours ago, GloriaF said:

Is afternoon tea served in the cabin, or simply delivered, same as room service?  I'm aware that afternoon tea in the cabin is available for elite, but have never ordered it.

It’s the same as the dining room high tea. You call ahead to arrange delivery if you are Elite.  
if you are not Elite it’s not available through room service 🫖 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 3:05 AM, phillipahain said:

Canapes are no longer   neither is wine tasting ...sure as heck did not get upgraded bathroom toiletries and as said Transatlantic on Sky in March was zero internet ...still waiting for OBC refund and more strings of lies from Princess after several 4 hours on hold on phone 

I received canapes on the Discovery Princess in April 2022

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Does princess serve candies at tea time?

I've never seen them. Only cookies & scones.

Then again, I haven't been to very many teas. It's much to close to my dinner time. 😄

On 7/9/2022 at 12:12 AM, GloriaF said:

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Not served, just delivered.

---

When we order elite afternoon tea we also always have requested a tablecloth.  Perhaps because of the tablecloth, the attendant has offered to set the table and we do take the offer.

We also always have brought our own sparkling wine to have with the tea, to make it a sparkling afternoon tea; each time the attendant has offered to open the bottle and serve the wine before leaving the cabin.  (We open the bottles ourselves after the server has left.)

• image.thumb.png.c17509869e970fdffaea1aa7fc5468de.png

• image.thumb.png.f8f2280530538861983aae6ed6632b56.png

---

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 4:08 AM, Jadn13 said:

It’s the same as the dining room high tea. You call ahead to arrange delivery if you are Elite.  
if you are not Elite it’s not available through room service 🫖 

It’s also available to those in a full suite regardless of loyalty status. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

When we order elite afternoon tea we also always have requested a tablecloth.  Perhaps because of the tablecloth, the attendant has offered to set the table and we do take the offer.

We also always have brought our own sparkling wine to have with the tea, to make it a sparkling afternoon tea; each time the attendant has offered to open the bottle and serve the wine before leaving the cabin.  (We open the bottles ourselves after the server has left.)

• image.thumb.png.c17509869e970fdffaea1aa7fc5468de.png

• image.thumb.png.f8f2280530538861983aae6ed6632b56.png

---

How do you get the larger table? 

6 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

How do you get the larger table? 

---

Referring to the 2nd photo:

This was on the third sailing of Discovery Princess, in a cabin with the largest extended angled balconies on the hump -- and yes with one of the tiny balcony tables. 

When I ordered the tea, room service told me that they did not have a larger table for the balcony.  My steward borrowed a second coffee table from another deluxe balcony cabin for the afternoon. 

So, under the single tablecloth is a grouping of three tables:

• In the foreground are the two coffee tables, side by side. 
  • Behind the two tables is the tiny table, with one of my nightstand drawers turned upside down and placed on top of the tiny table to function as a riser for the wine and glasses.  This workaround performed very well.

---
Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

I can confirm what RSS from SF said. I sailed on the Golden Princess Sydney to Melbourne, I'm an Australian, and as a Suite occupant, also enjoyed Elite afternoon tea.

Had 3 people whom I worked with, travelling on the same cruise. The other woman and I were occupying separate Window Suites, the 2 men were in different cabins, travelling solo. 1 male got seasick BEFORE we cleared the Sydney Heads, much teasing happened. He reckoned I'D be the first to be seasick, he didn't know I'd travelled from my cousins home by car, then the car was parked and we did the rest of the travel by train, so had taken travel sickness tablets. I was often travelsick as a child, so took precautions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

This was on the third sailing of Discovery Princess, in a cabin with the largest extended angled balconies on the hump -- and yes with one of the tiny balcony tables. 

When I ordered the tea, room service told me that they did not have a larger table for the balcony.  My steward borrowed a second coffee table from another deluxe balcony cabin for the afternoon. 

• Behind the two tables is the tiny table, with one of my nightstand drawers turned upside down and placed on top of the tiny table to function as a riser for the wine and glasses.  This workaround performed very well.

---

Thanks for your response. We have one of those large angled balconies for our Discovery cruise in September. We’re hoping the Ultimate Balcony Dinner will be offered by then as it’s something I’ve always wanted to try.

If we can’t get a larger table, we’ll use your tricks, and for sure I’ll be asking for a tablecloth. What a great idea to dress up the table a bit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

You had a very creative steward with excellent critical thinking skills.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Thanks for your response. We have one of those large angled balconies for our Discovery cruise in September. We’re hoping the Ultimate Balcony Dinner will be offered by then as it’s something I’ve always wanted to try.

If we can’t get a larger table, we’ll use your tricks, and for sure I’ll be asking for a tablecloth. What a great idea to dress up the table a bit. 

Pre  covid...we  arranged  for ultimate  balcony  dining  several  times.  It always  came  with  a  table  cloth,   and  dining  staff brought  this  table  when  they set it  for  dining.

This  was  our set  up  the  evening  we  left  Genoa.

Hope  you  are  able  to  enjoy  this  wonderful  experience.

if not try  the  ultimate balcony breakfast.

No photo description available.

4 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

Pre  covid...we  arranged  for ultimate  balcony  dining  several  times.  It always  came  with  a  table  cloth,   and  dining  staff brought  this  table  when  they set it  for  dining.

This  was  our set  up  the  evening  we  left  Genoa.

Hope  you  are  able  to  enjoy  this  wonderful  experience.

if not try  the  ultimate balcony breakfast.

No photo description available.

Do you think they will be offering the breakfast, at least? I can’t seem to order it on my personalizer. 

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Do you think they will be offering the breakfast, at least? I can’t seem to order it on my personalizer. 

I hope they do as it would come all at once like room service delivery. I think it runs about $45-50 and you get a small bottle of champagne. 375ml. You can customize it...we ordered omelets and left some things off. It's a lot of food. We ordered double fruit. Toast, I think it comes with tomato quiche (I thought was yummy)  we left off salmon and capers.

6 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

I hope they do as it would come all at once like room service delivery. I think it runs about $45-50 and you get a small bottle of champagne. 375ml. You can customize it...we ordered omelets and left some things off. It's a lot of food. We ordered double fruit. Toast, I think it comes with tomato quiche (I thought was yummy)  we left off salmon and capers.

Thanks again. I guess I’ll have to wait and see if it becomes available in the fall.