MDR clothing options

MF40

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

It’s dark and they can’t see my legs

They can't see my legs under a table in the dining room either.  You can't really see anyone from mid-chest downwards when they are sitting at a table with a table cloth. I'd die laughing if I saw someone going around to "inspect" 

Edited by LMaxwell

6 hours ago, Nyhawkeye said:

Oh - don't get me started on the people who go to the show in their pajamas and bring along a pillow in case they get tired. 😀

Ha! Reminds me of university days. Lots of classmates showed up in PJs and pillows for AM lectures.

Back to the topic, it's always nice to see people at a restaurant looking put together - and honestly, that could mean shorts and even flip flops depending on the right person (and that right person would likely have an incredible personal style to pull that off). This year, for those in my age group of 35-45, looking put together seem to mean leggings + crop tops + blazer combos for women, and polos + lounge pants, non-athletic shorts or slacks + sneakers combos for men. These outfits would technically violate the dress code in MDR, but not in spirit.

Personally, it doesn't offend me at all if other people dress comfortably. But I'm from Vancouver. We were athleisure loungewear-ready long before the pandemic began.

Edited by xoveronica

Just to keep this very intesting thread going, here is a Wonderful post about dress codes, I guy suggesting a dress code for their neighborhood:

“Neighborhood dress code? Has anyone
ever thought about the positive impact on
property value that enforcing a
neighborhood dress code might have? I'd
feel more comfortable if I knew what to
expect to see when I went out everyday - I
imagine that could make our values
skyrocket over the next 12-19 months.
Happy to get a zoom call together for
anyone interested in perusing this with me.
Let me hear from you.”

Just Love it and would Love for this guy to come join in here!!

den

Edited by Denny01

17 hours ago, go.without.you said:

It's a swingers cruise

Geez--- I've been on lots of cruises--- 

LOL--- From the demographics on Celebrity , luckily none were " swingers " cruises !!

Oops, wait--- I just thought of that " old fart " with the 32 yr old that I can't get out of my head .

Lets say she winked at  , etc, etc------Keep dreaming !!

10 hours ago, xoveronica said:

This year, for those in my age group of 35-45, looking put together seem to mean leggings + crop tops + blazer combos for women

Last week I saw a lady in the office that wandered through with very bright leggings and a blazer - I didn't see the shirt she had on. I was completely stunned, absolutely stunned! I can only imagine the looks I would get if I were to wander through with a blazer and leggings on (I'm a guy)...I wasn't judging her, heck I was more impressed she was completely fine coming in to our conservative office setting like that. More power to her, and I hope more of us follow her lead! 

42 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

“Neighborhood dress code? Has anyone
ever thought about the positive impact on
property value that enforcing a
neighborhood dress code might have? I'd
feel more comfortable if I knew what to
expect to see when I went out everyday - I
imagine that could make our values
skyrocket over the next 12-19 months.
Happy to get a zoom call together for
anyone interested in perusing this with me.
Let me hear from you.”

I'm not going to get too involved on this, lest I distract from the MDR topic at hand, but seriously? Nope, nope, this would be a neighborhood I don't even want to venture into! It sounds superficial and focused on monetary value, not connection value. No thanks - I'm glad there are neighborhoods for everyone, so we all can be happy. For me, I'll stick with my 10 acre rural plot with more barnyard creatures as neighbors, than actual people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, sun bum said:

We have cruised Celebrity for many years. Out of common courtesy and respect to the cruise line and staff we always follow the suggested "dress guidelines". Of the major cruise companies (Carnival NCL RCCL and Celebrity) it is an upscale cruise line. There are not rock climbing walls, putting greens or water slides on Celebrity ships. There is emphasis on trendy culinary experiences, hi-tech educational workshops and a modern onboard vibe. Look at all the marketing videos for the cruise lines. That should give you an indication as to how they would like the customer to dress.

The staff may not say anything about wearing shorts to the MDR but , trust me, they and other are talking about it behind your back..

As a travel agent, I always advise my clients to be sure to have the male travelers pack slacks. One client did not and had to eat in the buffet each night for their all-inclusive resort.

Would you wear shorts to a fine dining restaurant at home, probably not.

OMG... It's just a pair of pants!!

wonder if the "bums" that i see in the mdr on chic night would wear flips and shorts to jeff ruby's....just sayin'.....used to work  in mt adams, and appreciate your "class" ...It is a rare commodity on most of the cruises that we go on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, retired dude said:

wonder if the "bums" that i see in the mdr on chic night would wear flips and shorts to jeff ruby's....just sayin'.....used to work  in mt adams, and appreciate your "class" ...It is a rare commodity on most of the cruises that we go on.

Sad but true.   

lol neighborhood dress code. oooh that must be satire.  Everyone under 50 is now "bums" if they don't dress up for a 1970's steakhouse.   lol.  

I couldn't pay for higher quality entertainment, yet here it is for free.  😁

• Haha 3

I must be a rule breaker since I change out of my skirts for dinner back into shorts. 😉 All of my travel companions change after dinner.   We dress up for dinner but then go back to our cabins and are more casual afterwards.  Our shorts are tailored for the girls and golf style for the guys.   We don't look like we are about to work out or anything.   Often I will keep the same dressier top on but pair it with shorts.   

I have read that before (no shorts or flip flops during the evening) but honestly it has never crossed my mind that I am not in compliance and I must stay dressed up during the evening hours.   I know many do, and that’s fine.  I have always changed and will continue to.  😉

🍹

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I must be a rule breaker since I change out of my skirts for dinner back into shorts. 😉 All of my travel companions change after dinner.   We dress up for dinner but then go back to our cabins and are more casual afterwards.  Our shorts are tailored for the girls and golf style for the guys.   We don't look like we are about to work out or anything.   Often I will keep the same dressier top on but pair it with shorts.   

I have read that before (no shorts or flip flops during the evening) but honestly it has never crossed my mind that I am not in compliance and I must stay dressed up during the evening hours.   I know many do, and that’s fine.  I have always changed and will continue to.  😉

🍹

Oh no, say it's not so. 😁

• Haha 1