Your favorite mixed drink aboard ship

22 hours ago, Ret MP said:

When I get into a shot drinking frenzy, I like to do several shots, like:  Ouzo, Jägermeister, Fireball Whiskey, and then the ultimate challenge, The Boiler Maker.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

For the lighter nights:  Peppermint Schnapps, Lemon Drop Schnapps, Butterscotch Schnapps.  But, always finish up with a shot of Jägermeister or Fireball Whiskey or both.

I love Fireball and Rumchata - great shot

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Rol N Rye at the Trellis Bar.  Aperol, Rye, a little club soda.

Friends of ours, Rita & Mario, unfortunately Mario died of COVID last December, used to love to go to the Trellis Bar for Mojito's.  They thought that they were the best Mojitos they ever had.  This was on the Symphony a few years ago.  

We miss you, Mario!

11 hours ago, robmtx said:

Love how this was the first reply! My GF lives off Strawberry Blonds when onboard.. and I even make it at home. She hasn't tried customizing it. I will say there's some inconsistencies in the bartenders when it comes to this drink. I've seen it delivered without mint, with a lemon wedge, etc.

On our last cruise I think I introduced the drink to 3-4 people. One guy (with Bev pack) kept ordering different drinks at Schooner bar. I asked why, and he was just trying them out. I told him to order a strawberry blond, and after that, it's the only drink I saw in his hands the rest of the week!

I’ve now added it to my list! I’m a strawberry blond and I’ve never had a strawberry blond drink - how is this possible?!? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shipknotshore said:

Extra Dirty Vodka Martini

I'm going to have to try one of those.  Never heard of them before until I started watching "Below Deck" a year or two ago.  Until then, other than the basic Martini is all I've ever hear about was the Chocolate Martini.  I do love olives. 

Edited by Ret MP

6 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I'm going to have to try one of those.  Never heard of them before until I started watching "Below Deck" a year or two ago.  Until then, other than the basic Martini is all I've ever hear about was the Chocolate Martini.  I do love olives. 

You should definitely try one.....might become your new favorite!   I also watch Below Deck!   

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've brought it onboard as coffee creamer before. They made it in little containers like coffee mate.

Screenshot_20220726-214806_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2809ad0fa51b0973d164a2f85abcbf30.jpg

Nice. Never seen those. Natural choice for a creamer.

10 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Espresso, Cosmo, Lemon Drop, Appletini, etc..

7 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Got addicted to Curacao Cosmo a few cruises ago.  If you like a regular Cosmo, try this one.

I tried that on my last cruise and enjoyed it. Just have to make sure you like the taste of coconut.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:32 AM, Sea Dog said:

Now it's a Vieux Carre, cocktail made with rye whiskey, cognac, sweet vermouth liqueur, Bénédictine, and Peychaud's bitters.

We’re you able to get that on the cruise? My husband really likes them thx ☺️ 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:54 AM, robmtx said:

Love how this was the first reply! My GF lives off Strawberry Blonds when onboard.. and I even make it at home. She hasn't tried customizing it. I will say there's some inconsistencies in the bartenders when it comes to this drink. I've seen it delivered without mint, with a lemon wedge, etc.

On our last cruise I think I introduced the drink to 3-4 people. One guy (with Bev pack) kept ordering different drinks at Schooner bar. I asked why, and he was just trying them out. I told him to order a strawberry blond, and after that, it's the only drink I saw in his hands the rest of the week!

How do they make the strawberry blonds on board?

On 7/24/2022 at 5:36 PM, lovelife said:

Frozen Mojito

image.jpeg.720ed60d8b0ccaa1406d70562de7dcab.jpeg

I'll second that!! I had discovered the traditional Mojito on a prior cruise and then saw someone order the frozen version on our most recent cruise. It was our go to drink all week!

On 7/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, Cherful59 said:

Tequila, ginger beer and a lot of fresh lime juice is favorite, but I always have to have at least 1 Brandy Alexander per cruise.  

I always have one (just one, as I don’t love sweet drinks) and it’s always delicious.  😃