Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises

Here is the relevant paragraph.

Looks like they are implying that unvaccinated guests will be able to sail.

"Last week, the CDC ended its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships. Based on this change, we are continuing to adapt our protocols to align more closely with how the rest of society and other travel and leisure businesses are operating. This means that we're transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us while always working with our destination partners to meet their regulations. Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

"Last week, the CDC ended its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships. Based on this change, we are continuing to adapt our protocols to align more closely with how the rest of society and other travel and leisure businesses are operating. This means that we're transitioning to the point where everyone will be able to vacation with us while always working with our destination partners to meet their regulations. Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

I was thinking that is just for kids who are unvaccinated. I wouldn't doubt it though that you can be unvaccinated and cruise since I just got vaccinated to cruise lol

• hazeleyes46 changed the title to Testing still mandatory for over 6 day cruises
19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's a reasonable reading, but it really isn't clear to what extent unvaccinated passengers are allowed to sail.  Here's hoping that a more clear policy is stated (ha).

I took a look over at the Celebrity web site (just because I know better where to find the information), and this is what was there:

Starting with August 8, 2022 U.S. departures, our protocols will include:

• Requiring testing for unvaccinated guests on all sailings, and for vaccinated guests on sailings that are six nights or longer.
  • Maintaining a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests onboard all our sailings, far above the general population.
  • All crew will continue to be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible, and tested regularly.

Details on the above protocols, as well as any other guidelines for your vacation, will be provided to booked guests the week of August 1, 2022. Current U.S. protocols remain in place for any cruises departing before August 8 and can be found here.

Not much more clear than before.  I guess they are taking the weekend to figure it out.  We are booked on X later this year, so I suppose we'll see something next week.  We're not on any sailing under 6 nights, so it's more a matter of curiosity than anything else for us.

3 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

Absolutely gutted 😭

We sail on the 7th of Aug for 7 nights and was really hoping the stupid testing requirement would be scraped before we sail. 

Same as this is just one more stressful thing we have to incur before starting our vacation.

20 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That's a reasonable reading, but it really isn't clear to what extent unvaccinated passengers are allowed to sail.  Here's hoping that a more clear policy is stated (ha).

I'm sure that clearer details will be released shortly.  Just high level statements on these types of calls

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What this says is the ramifications of not testing will only be seen on cruises 6+ nights.

Yes 6 + nights HAVE to still test while less than that do not. Doesn't help for the majority of cruisers who go at least 7 nights.

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What this says is the ramifications of not testing will only be seen on cruises 6+ nights.

Sort of like how 3oz of liquid can't hurt a plane (remember than SNL skit?) 🤣

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

How much clearer can it get.  "guests" means all guests unless otherwise stated.

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sure this happens to be the year where the rest of my cruises are 6 nights and over.  And I am the lover of the 4 night cruises😇

I am sure that exception will be gone very soon.

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I was hoping that the pre-cruise testing would be dropped, but none of our upcoming cruises are less than 7 nights. Oh well. 

I'm not worried things are happening so quickly, they'll probably omit the 6 day thing shortly.  My next 7 day is not for 4 months, we all know how fast that can change.