Taste of Royal

Has anyone done the Taste of Royal luncheon recently.  It's been a few years since we were at that one when they did a special luncheon for Diamond members.  Now anyone can purchase it.  But I wonder if it's really worth it these days....comments?

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Has anyone done the Taste of Royal luncheon recently.  It's been a few years since we were at that one when they did a special luncheon for Diamond members.  Now anyone can purchase it.  But I wonder if it's really worth it these days....comments?

We enjoyed ours on the Ovation and we would definitely do it again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gowensricks said:

I too was wondering the same thing and asked about this in a post I started yesterday. I am more concerned with the actual menu - as the menu posted is outdated. 

Oops, sorry, should have looked for it.

FIRST COURSE | WONDERLAND Citrus Seas Tuna Tartare* Fresh spicy tuna, wasabi tobiko, yuzu mayonnaise, phyllo Parmesan crackers Paired with INDABA, CHENIN BLANC, SOUTH AFRICA

SECOND COURSE | GIOVANNI’S TABLE Mascarpone Cheese Risotto with Crab Meat Carnaroli rice, crab meat, lemon, mascarpone, peas, aged Parmesan Paired with MER SOLEIL, CHARDONNAY UNOAKED, “SILVER” SLH, CALIFORNIA

THIRD COURSE | CHOPS GRILLE Filet Mignon and Spicy Jumbo Shrimp* Grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, red pepper flakes, creamy garlic butter Paired with DUCKHORN, MERLOT NAPA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA

FOURTH COURSE | 150 CENTRAL PARK Fried Cheesecake Nutella®, whipped cream, caramelized popcorn paired with DOW’S VINTAGE PORT

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Definitely worth it! I did it after the restart on Jewel. Delicious and the wine pairing was awesome!

• Thanks 1

When do they usually have Taste of Royal? Wanted to book but doesn’t let you select a day. Don’t want it to be same days as I have specialty restaurants booked in evening. Can’t eat two big meals in one day. 

5 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

When do they usually have Taste of Royal? Wanted to book but doesn’t let you select a day. Don’t want it to be same days as I have specialty restaurants booked in evening. Can’t eat two big meals in one day. 

Taste of Royal is a lunch which you can choose the day at least it let me on Jewel and now on Grandeur. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

We did it in May on Mariner. I enjoyed it for the most part. I liked that you could choose to add the wine pairing (or not). I enjoy wine, but my husband doesn’t. The Chef’s Dinner always seems like it would be totally wasted on him. The wine selections for the Taste of Royal lunch were quite decent. 

This is my review if you want to see pictures of the food and descriptions of the Mariner wine pairing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

FIRST COURSE | WONDERLAND Citrus Seas Tuna Tartare* Fresh spicy tuna, wasabi tobiko, yuzu mayonnaise, phyllo Parmesan crackers Paired with INDABA, CHENIN BLANC, SOUTH AFRICA

SECOND COURSE | GIOVANNI’S TABLE Mascarpone Cheese Risotto with Crab Meat Carnaroli rice, crab meat, lemon, mascarpone, peas, aged Parmesan Paired with MER SOLEIL, CHARDONNAY UNOAKED, “SILVER” SLH, CALIFORNIA

THIRD COURSE | CHOPS GRILLE Filet Mignon and Spicy Jumbo Shrimp* Grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, red pepper flakes, creamy garlic butter Paired with DUCKHORN, MERLOT NAPA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA

FOURTH COURSE | 150 CENTRAL PARK Fried Cheesecake Nutella®, whipped cream, caramelized popcorn paired with DOW’S VINTAGE PORT

This is exactly what we had on Ovation back in May.  Ours was in Wonderland, and the food was excellent.  We also had a tasty alcoholic drink that was like a spritzer.  Can't remember what it was.  We also had the bread from 150 CP, which is always amazing!    I can recommend it.  

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

This is exactly what we had on Ovation back in May.  Ours was in Wonderland, and the food was excellent.  We also had a tasty alcoholic drink that was like a punch with champagne.  Can't remember what it was.  We also had the bread from 150 CP, which is always amazing!    I can recommend it.  

The before dinner cocktail was the Saint Peter's Spritzer. Made with aperol, st-germain liqueur and I can't remember the rest 🤣

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the Taste of Royal lunch for one of our sea days.

Does the price include the listed wine pairings, or is that an additional $20?

Menu is somewhat confusing.

Also, how long is the lunch start to finish?

Edited by Motor City

1 minute ago, Motor City said:

The wine pairing seems like a no-brainer at $20, are these full-sized pours?

Definitely will need a nap if thats the case

It's $19.99 to be precise.  If you have the drink package you get 25% off the wine pairing. They are just 3 ounce pours with a 3 ounce port with the dessert.  Would be hard to get tipsy on that. 

I have done Taste of Royal twice recently. I did it on Oasis in May and then again on Symphony in July. The menu is exactly what is in this thread. I found the risotto underwhelming both times but everything else was wonderful!

It’s worth the price for me just because you get the steak and the shrimp from Chops.

I should warn you that it’s a slow lunch. I didn’t have the option to pick the day. It was the last sea day for both cruises.

274FAC49-ACF0-4AD5-9F99-FF09A23AB03A.jpeg

5C44E05D-CC05-40C4-8C35-AF9736D1EBFE.jpeg

8A6B057B-60E8-44A9-B2EC-6593E155901F.jpeg

448194C9-5F4F-4A46-BF4F-3EC593664B60.jpeg

6D4A95D9-844B-4049-9C19-0D274F0A6F64.jpeg

75B5715E-A440-4BDC-B323-9879FDC3628B.jpeg

• Like 1