Luggage stolen from car

7 hours ago, poocher said:

In St Maarten, Dutch side, had a European gentleman in a very small Speedo and a topless sunbather on what did not appear to be a clothes optional beach judging by the number of locals gawking!

Funny thing my first 2 Royal Cruises was common to see a couple Topless Passengers laying out on Pool Deck or in the Pool. They were not from USA, but the Guys staring were

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, rrraydon said:

The posters noted they need XL clothes and was asking for ideas for places to shop local to where they were. XL is more difficult to find, too.

Finding clothes in Italy can be a struggle. I am six foot four and about 185 pounds. My Italian relatives have no problem telling me that I am overweight. Many, many times I have walked in to smaller stores and been told flat out in Italian, that they have nothing that fits me. I am considered XL.

7 hours ago, North2Alaska10 said:

Our TA makes color copies of our passports that we leave with trusted family when traveling just in case passports are stolen. But taking every precaution while traveling is important. 

Having a copy of your passport won't get you on a ship or plane. It did help the consular official in Copenhagen look me up when he was issuing me a new/temporary pass.  Wallet with passport was lost or stolen from handbag as we were walking.

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though as a Traveler spending yrs in Hotels since the 80's I'd have never left anything in my Vehicle in a US Hotel either...

Us either. My dad was adamant that our vehicle be emptied at every overnight and put things out of sight as much as possible when in between hotels and that was in the 60's and 70's as well.  DH and I do the same with our travels.  We take everything into our hotel room, even for one night and even if it means a couple of trips to move stuff.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I remember a thread from years ago about a couple flying in a day early before cruising out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.  Their tote bag was stolen out of their rental vehicle while they were sightseeing, and their passports were in the tote bag.  They were unable to cruise.

I live in a condo and refuse to load luggage into my car the night before a cruise.  And I take every piece of luggage into my hotel room when we spend the night at the port.  I feel a little silly checking in for one night with six pieces of luggage, but I am not willing to take a chance.

We do the same thing (we live in Florida as well so we often drive to the port). We NEVER leave anything in the vehicle overnight when checking into the hotel. I don't feel silly at all. (Sometimes we cruise/travel together with others and we might have 6-8 suitcases in the mini van). I would feel worse if I had to buy all new clothes the morning I was scheduled to leave on my relaxing cruise.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I was thinking, if that happened to me, I always have 2 sundresses, a bathing suit and flops in my oversized purse. I could make it on that for a week if I was forced to

that's exactly what we do when we fly to the port. I pack a swimsuit/trunks, flip flops, tooth brushes, shorts, medications, sun hats and electronics into our carry-ons. Even if our main suitcases get lost, we'll be fine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that's exactly what we do when we fly to the port. I pack a swimsuit/trunks, flip flops, tooth brushes, shorts, medications, sun hats and electronics into our carry-ons. Even if our main suitcases get lost, we'll be fine.

I dont get it.  Isn’t this Basic Packing 101?  I can’t believe anyone flying anywhere wouldn’t do this.

I might add another advantage is not having to open multiple bags.  Everything all of us need from the time we land til we are on board the ship is in ONE carry on bag.  Meds, toiletries, change of clothes/shoes, bathing suits.  Larger checked bag doesn’t get opened until I’m unpacking in my cabin.  

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I dont get it.  Isn’t this Basic Packing 101?

exactly.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I can’t believe anyone flying anywhere wouldn’t do this.

well, I am 100% sure that neither my DH, nor my father would think of it.

• Haha 1