Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

On 6/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, twangster said:

Posting this here since it was updated June 1.

Mildly interesting is Quantum shown as doing SEA to SIN, then SIN to BNE in October 2024 yet the website is selling Vancouver to Hawaii on Quantum Oct. 1 after the Alaska season.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2024_2025/2024-2025_Deployment_Summary.pdf

image.thumb.jpeg.8408a0689e2a5be52d30b6127cd27c08.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this. Wish it had beyond May. I'm looking for Med 2025 in Aug/Sept/ for a 30th Anniversary cruise. Wonder when they will release that schedule. 

29 minutes ago, RobinCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing this. Wish it had beyond May. I'm looking for Med 2025 in Aug/Sept/ for a 30th Anniversary cruise. Wonder when they will release that schedule. 

I'd expect to see it mid to late November. That is typical. If you follow this thread you will keep up to date with when the release is going happen.  Typically they will let you know the week on flyer similar to what has been posted and then just keep watching.  It could be anytime that week.  Usually Wednesday or Thursday.

By the way...  We used to live in Aldergrove many years ago.  My wife taught at Betty Gilbert.  

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd expect to see it mid to late November. That is typical. If you follow this thread you will keep up to date with when the release is going happen.  Typically they will let you know the week on flyer similar to what has been posted and then just keep watching.  It could be anytime that week.  Usually Wednesday or Thursday.

By the way...  We used to live in Aldergrove many years ago.  My wife taught at Betty Gilbert.  

Thank you! I'll follow the thread so I get the notifications and that's really cool - both my kids, now adults, went to Betty Gilbert. 🙂 

On 6/17/2023 at 8:31 AM, island lady said:

LOL!!!  Case confirmed!!  😄   Have only done one TA so far, and loved it.  Wonder's first arrival into PC...coming from Barcelona.  Great ship to do that on.  

That still floors me that our TA was your first one.  I thought you and Bucky had already done those dozens of times!

On 6/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, Ashland said:

I would prefer an itinerary that also includes Kona and Hilo and not just sailing around the Napali Coast.

However if you're just using it to sail back then sounds fine for your needs.

As I said "JMHO".

My mom and I did a RT from San Francisco to Hawaii on Royal Princess in late March this year that included Kona, 2 days in Honolulu and Lahaina. We were supposed to do Hilo but they changed us to the extra day in Honolulu.  Great cruise, but it was cold for the sea days.  Unfortunately it was the last cruise of the season.  But the onboard Hawaiian Ambassadors made up for it.  Fantastic onboard Hawaiian themed events were offered.  Does RCI offer anything like that on their TPs???

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

That still floors me that our TA was your first one.  I thought you and Bucky had already done those dozens of times!

Nope.  We kept firm to not leaving the fur babies for more than two weeks.  The Wonder (for us anyway) was 4 weeks due to wanting to do the Med B2B before the 14 night TA.  

My fur faced girls passed away (miss them dearly),  then Covid hit...pushing us back further.  Now we are finally able to do the longer trips, without feeling guilty about leaving them...or deal with Vax and masks.

Waiting for Alaska 2025 to post for booking...want to recoup the B2B we had on that which was cancelled also.  

On 6/22/2023 at 8:46 AM, island lady said:

Nope.  We kept firm to not leaving the fur babies for more than two weeks.  The Wonder (for us anyway) was 4 weeks due to wanting to do the Med B2B before the 14 night TA.  

My fur faced girls passed away (miss them dearly),  then Covid hit...pushing us back further.  Now we are finally able to do the longer trips, without feeling guilty about leaving them...or deal with Vax and masks.

Waiting for Alaska 2025 to post for booking...want to recoup the B2B we had on that which was cancelled also.  

Sorry to hear about losing your fur babies.

Have you done Alaska before?  We loved sailing out of Vancouver.  Fantastic port, but don't book early May!  Way too cold ;o)

I'm waffling on 2025.  It's either going to be another fall TA, a Japan cruise on Princess, an RCI TP from HI to Sydney, or a Jordan & Israel trip (I've already done a 10 day Israel trip in 2013, but Pam has not).  All of them will cost a pretty penny.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yes it is pretty much confirmed by now.

Nooooooooooo ! 
I don’t like cruising from Southampton at the best of times … too many whining Brits… but the return of Indie means I’ll be definitely be picking MSC from that port in future if itinerary suits.

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, Teeara said:

Sorry to hear about losing your fur babies.

Have you done Alaska before?  We loved sailing out of Vancouver.  Fantastic port, but don't book early May!  Way too cold ;o)

I'm waffling on 2025.  It's either going to be another fall TA, a Japan cruise on Princess, an RCI TP from HI to Sydney, or a Jordan & Israel trip (I've already done a 10 day Israel trip in 2013, but Pam has not).  All of them will cost a pretty penny.

Yes, have been to Alaska 5 times.  This last time we had our usual Seward to Seward B2B booked...when it was cancelled due to Covid.  Kept the trip, kept the booked flights, and simply replaced the 2 week cruise with a nice stay in a cabin in Homer.  That gave us 4 weeks to explore. 

Want to book the cruise and land based again, just waiting for RCI to post bookings for 2025 season...which I think comes out in November.  

Your plans sound wonderful!!  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Nooooooooooo ! 
I don’t like cruising from Southampton at the best of times … too many whining Brits… but the return of Indie means I’ll be definitely be picking MSC from that port in future if itinerary suits.

Hello,

You won't like it if you sit next to an American. On Virtuosa I had to put up with 12 days of Texan whinges about no lobster night and no fillet mignon in the MDR!

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yes it is pretty much confirmed by now.

Hello,

And I suppose it's too much to expect that new itineraries will come with it?

Regards,

Cublet

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I may have missed this but why would it not be Odyssey continuing on after Anthem, after all she did replace Anthem out of Bayonne

This is my hope. I’m not looking to book until April 2026 but hopes to do the TA from Bayonne to Southampton and then stay on for whatever her first cruise after the TA was. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I may have missed this but why would it not be Odyssey continuing on after Anthem, after all she did replace Anthem out of Bayonne

Indie has shown up on some port bookings where previously the slots were held for Odyssey. I can't remember which ones. I have a feeling Le Havre might be one? I think it might have been @Jumping Cruiser that posted them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

Indie has shown up on some port bookings where previously the slots were held for Odyssey. I can't remember which ones. I have a feeling Le Havre might be one? I think it might have been @Jumping Cruiser that posted them?

Indie shows up in Gibraltar on July 10th 2025

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some think that OY has been so successful doing Greece that they will keep her there, repeating what she is currently doing for the summers. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Some think that OY has been so successful doing Greece that they will keep her there, repeating what she is currently doing for the summers. 

I'm so glad we did Odyssey to Greece back in May of last year. The prices for her 7 day sailings now are almost twice what we paid for 9 nights. We lucked out on early re-start prices, for sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

So when she is doing the TA from Bayonne she would go to Civitavecchia instead of Southhampton. I’ve never seen anything like that recently. Is there any history of that that. 

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So when she is doing the TA from Bayonne she would go to Civitavecchia instead of Southhampton. I’ve never seen anything like that recently. Is there any history of that that. 

There is no hard data to know what they plan for Odyssey after a winter in Bayonne.  It's all speculation.  When Indy started showing up on what would look like a Southampton cruise it's begs the question if they would move Odyssey off Civitavecchia.

Royal has firm Civitavecchia booking data from Odyssey now and known Anthem booking data from Southampton to use in support of a future deployment decision.   Royal will place Odyssey where it will be most profitable.  

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm booked on the Fall 2024 TA ... Rome (Civitavecchia) to Cape Liberty, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the reverse in Spring 2025, if that's what they decide.

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

You won't like it if you sit next to an American. On Virtuosa I had to put up with 12 days of Texan whinges about no lobster night and no fillet mignon in the MDR!

Regards,

Cublet

Whinging cruisers are everywhere 😮

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Itineraries will be released this November / December for the 2025 season just like they have been for the past few years

Hello,

Yes I know but what I would like to see is a repeat of 2021 (cancelled) ships/itineraries: We were due Odyssey in April (if only for a few days) and a later Canaries cruise included a stop at La Gomera that I have not seen before or since.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1