Any idea what to do

omapa

We are going on the Millennium cruise in Dec. Unfortunately, we don't get in FLL till 2AM. Does it pay to get a hotel or does anybody have any idea what to do or were to stay that is close to the Port.

Thank you to everybody for your help 

Lots of hotels near the port, go to Hotels.com, Expedia.com booking.com or similar and search for Port Everglades hotels. 

I don’t have any suggestions of what to do from 2a.m. Till boarding  at 11 or later, maybe if you ask on the Florida departure board someone may be familiar with the area and have a suggestion. 

That's a really unfortunate choice of flights. Ultimately you will have ~7 hours to burn. Google Maps will give you all sorts of hotel options. I would get some sleep and head to the ship around noon. Unless you sit in the airport for 7-8 hours you are going to have nothing to do. 

• Like 1

It only ‘pays’ to book a hotel if you want a place to sleep/rest/shower after traveling. 

As in most cities, there isn’t much to do after 2-3am. And if you have an early terminal time, consider changing it an early afternoon and ask your hotel to allow you to stay there a bit past normal checkout…..most allow it. Ive asked the night prior and always have had an OK if it was staying till 1-2ish pm. 

Tough flight.

den

Coming from the West Coast we usually would arrive between 11:30PM - 1AM.    I defiantly would get a room for the night.   There are many hotels close to the Airport and the Port as the port is only about 15 minutes away.   

Most hotel have a 11-12:00 check out time and will normally give you a late checkout if you choose.   Get some sleep and sleep in the morning of the cruise.  You will thank yourself later for not being worn our on the first day of the cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

……You will thank yourself later for not being worn our on the first day of the cruise.

And at my age, it will last longer than the first day of the cruise, so….

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

book a room for the night before so you can shower and take a nap.  Tell them it will be a "hold and charge" since you'll be arriving after they run the night audit and you want the room when you get there at 3am. 

• Thanks 1

I would change the flight and get in a whole lot earlier.  Fort Lauderdale has some fabulous dining options; I'd rather enjoy a nice meal and go to bed at a reasonable time to prepare for vacation.  Getting in at 2am, no matter what you do, sounds like a recipe for being a zombie on boarding day.  At best you are looking at sleeping from 4am-10:30am 

Airport hotel is best option. Close by taxi ride,  shower and sleep.  Maybe go mid level pricing but definitely pick someplace with a nice breakfast venue on site. Reserve shuttle or taxi for trip to port next day.

This will add cost to your trip but worth it to be refreshed on boarding day..

• 4 months later...

I’ll bite, why did you pick that time to land?  If you land at 2am, I’d imagine after baggage claim, transportation and check-in, it would be around 3am before you can hit that sack.  If you’re coming from overseas, unfortunately your body clock will most likely be messed up