Check your reserved cabins often before departure

Jeeves299

Just got badly burned by Celebrity on B2B cruises departing August 7.  Went to printout docs for boarding and luggage tags and noticed both cabins had changed.  Called TA and they have not gotten any notice from Celebrity of a change to our cabins.  TA inquired of Celebrity and was told our cabin was now designated for covid quarantine, hence the move to a different cabin on deck 3.  Originally, we had the same cabin for both cruises.  2nd cruise now has us now under the buffet on the back end of the ship.  No upgrade to either cabin. Both cruises & cabins booked 15 months ago.

We’ve done 90 cruises so we know the drill on moving cabins but you still have to pack the non-hanging items and subsequently unpack, but we are upset of the no notice even with our Elite+ status.  Celebrity is, after inquiring, offering a few OBC $ to make us shut up.  Too late to cancel, but we’re going to beat up on Guest Services / Captains Club once onboard.  We’re sure they’ll defer to “no control, corporate decision” company line.

Bad start to what was going to be a nice vacation.

Neither of those people on the ship was involved in any way with what happened.  Not sure what good beating up on them would do.

your cruise contract makes it pretty clear that they have the right to adjust the booking if needed.  

Edited by Alakegirl
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jeeves299 said:

Just got badly burned by Celebrity on B2B cruises departing August 7.  Went to printout docs for boarding and luggage tags and noticed both cabins had changed.  Called TA and they have not gotten any notice from Celebrity of a change to our cabins.  TA inquired of Celebrity and was told our cabin was now designated for covid quarantine, hence the move to a different cabin on deck 3.  Originally, we had the same cabin for both cruises.  2nd cruise now has us now under the buffet on the back end of the ship.  No upgrade to either cabin. Both cruises & cabins booked 15 months ago.

We’ve done 90 cruises so we know the drill on moving cabins but you still have to pack the non-hanging items and subsequently unpack, but we are upset of the no notice even with our Elite+ status.  Celebrity is, after inquiring, offering a few OBC $ to make us shut up.  Too late to cancel, but we’re going to beat up on Guest Services / Captains Club once onboard.  We’re sure they’ll defer to “no control, corporate decision” company line.

I would "kill" them with kindness -- Start off with -- Please can you help me? I deal with "guest" all the time. I will go out of my way to help someone who is kind to me. It's not their fault - folks who are mean.. I follow all the rules.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Jeeves299 said:

“beat up on”. No words for people like you, well I’ve got words but…just wow, I guess it’s true what they say, a bully never picks on someone who can’t fight back.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jeeves299 said:

our Elite+ status.  

We all bow in deference to your lofty status.

Celebrity is, after inquiring, offering a few OBC $ to make us shut up.  

You should return it apparently.

Too late to cancel, but we’re going to beat up on Guest Services / Captains Club once onboard. 

Starting a cruise with the stated intention to make the staff's difficult position more difficult has clearly not endeared you to anyone here, and - despite your many, many cruises - will not endear you to your fellow passengers or the ship's staff.  Here's a hint, when the poor person you choose to "beat up on" introduces you to their colleagues as a "Very Special Guest" (and they will), it is NOT a compliment. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Jeeves299 said:

Sorry for the 'ambiguously' and not directly announced cabin changes for your previously selected cabin choices.

I Am very happy to know that you plan to take it out on the on-board staff who most likely had no hand in the decision to move you... Especially given your status with Captains Club, how dare they!!!

What would be your thoughts to board only to find out that your cabin was amidst of the oasis of C-19 quarantines? I Am sure they tried (to some degree) to get you the same cabin for the B2B and was not successful. Maybe they can offer you a waiver to stay in the original cabin, regardless of its' designation for quarantine, so you can stay where you are??? Not sure if one can volunteer to do that, maybe worth a try???

It is never too late to cancel, just have to think what the point would be at this juncture for a principle point.

Sorry to hear that you have chosen to not have a nice vacation due to this, yet I can only say 'PLEASE try to enjoy and make the most of it... regardless'.

Let us know how you enjoy the sailings regardless of this snafu...

In health and bon voyage

bon voyage

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Jeeves299 said:

Sorry, don’t have 2 hours to hold online with Celebrity corporate.  Leaving on Sunday.

Of course you do... if in fact it is that long - BUT - you do have a TA let them do it for you or do you trust them at this point? LOL

bon voyage

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Neither of those people on the ship was involved in any way with what happened.  Not sure what good beating up on them would do.

your cruise contract makes it pretty clear that they have the right to adjust the booking if needed. 

Thanks a - yet one has to read and understand the CoC in the first place....

It is possible that this might have been caught before final payment were the OP or their TA checked to insure that nothing changed at that point.

This is not to say that I, personally, would not be disappointed as well with the 'unannounced' changes but still get on the ship and proceed to enjoy myself...

bon voyage

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

If you accepted their onboard credit which they offered you to shut you up, then you really should shut up or return the onboard credit. It seems that you want to “have your cake and eat it too “as grandma always said.

Hopefully it is cheesecake!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 3

Good thing they were not booked into the Iconic Suite... can you imagine the additional wrath???

Security, security, security... we have a situation at the Retreat... (what code would that be???) LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 4

I'm going to stand up for the OP here a little bit.'

1) This has been common practice to move people from cabins which are needed for quarantine on short notice without notifying passengers in any way.   It's been reported here many times.

Celebrity has been sailing for more than a year now requiring quarantine space.  Why is it always a last minute decision to move people from their booked cabins.  Shouldn't these blocks of cabins be blocked and resolved long before the sailing date?

2) Some here seem to think that the process would consider that OP is booked on a B2B and would have tried to get them the same cabin for both legs.  I am 99% sure that this process is done on a sailing by sailing basis and whoever is doing it wouldn't have a clue it is a B2B booking.

3) OP didn't state the OBC given but I'm sure it was a trivial amount $100-$200.   I've had situations where I've had a legitimate issue and they give OBC as a "one time goodwill gesture".  It can be very condescending and really be insulting.  "Shutup and go away!"

4) While they said the were going to beat up Guest Relations I'd hope that only meant they would present themselves at boarding, explain the situation see what could be done to resolve it.   Frankly that's probably the best place to get it resolved.

I wish them luck and hope they come back to report they felt they were accommodated to the best of the ships ability.  Given the capacity ships are sailing at now it might be difficult to get the same cabin for both sailings.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

1) This has been common practice to move people from cabins which are needed for quarantine on short notice without notifying passengers in any way.   It's been reported here many times.

Celebrity has been sailing for more than a year now requiring quarantine space.  Why is it always a last minute decision to move people from their booked cabins.  Shouldn't these blocks of cabins be blocked and resolved long before the sailing date?

2) Some here seem to think that the process would consider that OP is booked on a B2B and would have tried to get them the same cabin for both legs.  I am 99% sure that this process is done on a sailing by sailing basis and whoever is doing it wouldn't have a clue it is a B2B booking.

3) OP didn't state the OBC given but I'm sure it was a trivial amount $100-$200.

4) While they said the were going to beat up Guest Relations I'd hope that only meant they would present themselves at boarding, explain the situation see what could be done to resolve it.   Frankly that's probably the best place to get it resolved.

I wish them luck and hope they come back to report they felt they were accommodated to the best of the ships ability.  Given the capacity ships are sailing at now it might be difficult to get the same cabin for both sailings.

Sorry not sorry but words have consequences 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

No need to check my cabin “often”, I have a Professional TA.  

This reminds me of a fun story…..yes, another Sea Story!:

Stepped down to the Guest Relations area to get a newsletter and there was a woman at the desk Yelling at the purser “I know You cant do anything about this because You arent Anyone….Do you Know Who I Am!?!?! I demand to speak to someone who can actually do something!!”

The purser made a call and directed The Woman over to a phone at the end of the desk. The Woman picked it up Yelled “Yes?” Into it and listened for a short time before going through the same tirade, “Do you Know who I Am!!…..I see well I demand to speak to someone who has some authority instead of an underling……I see, when can I speak to the Capt!?!”. It didnt end well…..for Whoever She Thought She Was. 

Berating someone in public always works well……I highly recommend it especially doing it to the last person who is handling your food.

Years ago on a Navy ship, I had a senior officer dress me down in front of my men and stomp out. Later, he came to me privately to apologize. I told him I understood but a public reprimand cant be ‘fixed’ by a private apology. He didn’t go any further and it reflected on him.

You notice the OP didnt say they would try to fix it once on board, but that they would “Beat up” on the staff……apparently more interested in that than getting a fix….beyond the OBC already offered and accepted. 

Den 

Den

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 7/28/2022 at 4:01 PM, Lena11033 said:

The cheapest fares with Air Canada you have to pay for seat selection so if Celebrity went with the cheapest fare this could be why

I paid for the upgrade - I noticed the back row was taken....I assume they were our seats! 

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

3) OP didn't state the OBC given but I'm sure it was a trivial amount $100-$200.

Agree with all your points!   I'm sure mentioning Elite Plus status was just to show, they're not new to this. We too were moved on a B2B back in February and didn't find out until we got our new room key on turnover day.  It too was an "upgrade" to right under buffet.  After spending time at Guest Services changing room, we had to search for our stuff, that was moved by crew, because it went to the wrong room.  It went to the room we were supposed to have, not the room Celebrity changed it to or the room we ended up in.  Took us about 3 hours to get it settled.  

If everyone gives a pass on the standards that Celebrity keeps promising, even in these times, standards will continue to drop.  The folks who call them out on these issues are the ones who are going to keep Celebrity's standards high.  

• Like 2