HAL updates "Travel Well" Covid-19 Protocols & Procedures

SUESEABE

I was a bit upset with this as it stated from Sept 6th and we sail on August 28th thru September 11th.

But, on mature reflection, at least we know that those sailing with us are vaccinated and tested currently negative rather than non vaxed and tested and currently negative.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation.

Interesting that the self-test doesn't mention anything about having to be proctored like the BinaxNow AG tests.  Is HAL just going to take your word that the test is indeed yours and was taken within 3 days prior?

@NavyCruiser we did that exact thing you mentioned above.  Our cruise last month was on a Sunday but we flew out early Friday morning to Barcelona so we waited until 12:01 am Friday morning to test at the IAH Marriott and make sure that we were all negative prior to boarding our flight so that no one would be stuck abroad.  Seemed easier to just stay up until midnight then sleep rather than wake up early to test and potentially run out of time to catch our flight.

• Like 1

I'm just off the Zuiderdam.  Unlike most passengers I wore a very good mask except when eating and drinking.  Despite the required vaccination and testing, there was obviously covid onboard because I was no sooner home than I came down with a nasty case of it.  Not sure what to do about my next two booked cruises in the winter.

It will be interesting if HAL does a comparison of new bookings vs cancellations.  As for me, I'm going to try and convince the brother-in-law to join me in spreading germs on my Thanksgiving cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, suznjune said:

I am wondering why the Panama Canal transits still require testing. None of the ports we stop at are requiring tests. Hoping by November they will drop that too. My cruise is only 14 nights.

Panama does require a test

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suznjune said:

I am wondering why the Panama Canal transits still require testing. None of the ports we stop at are requiring tests. Hoping by November they will drop that too. My cruise is only 14 nights.

I think it is because there are people who work in the locks who come on board and they want to know they are safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mightycruisequeen said:

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how this would work for b2b cruises that are less than 15 days individually, but total out to more than 15 days, that are booked as a "collector cruise"?  Anybody know?

I was wondering the same thing!