Price=OMG

deliver42

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

OMG as in "what an unbelievable bargain" or OMG as in "I can't afford THAT"?

You're leaving us hanging here...

I think the latter. 

I have been trying to look at some cruises, but struggling to find anything that's a bargain. 

1 hour ago, RBrowny said:

I think the latter. 

I have been trying to look at some cruises, but struggling to find anything that's a bargain. 

Could be that you are shopping in the wrong store. Many different types of cruise lines and different levels of cruise cabins as well. Surely something within everyone's means.

56 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I booked a 14 day Prima cruise on the fist day they were announced. My “one person in a balcony” has increased from around $9000 (before my credits from cancelled cruises) to about $15,000 now. Glad I booked early!

We had a 14 night cruise booked on the Prima for next October out of England. Price was around  $8,000 last time I checked it was about $16,000. We decided to cancel and do something else. I am sure we will try the Prima eventually.

• Like 1

We were booked on the Prima but then got cancelled for a charter.  Wanted to try the ship since it is a new design and we liked the look of it but I did not like the prices when I went to rebook the Prima.  I took a look at the Viva for 2024 out of San Juan and found it much more reasonable.  Essentially the same ship and we have plenty of other places to go in the meantime.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I just did a mock booking for the Prima Dec, 2022, and almost fell over. $4756.00 for a balcony with free at sea.

If that's for 2, that's a bargain. A balcony cabin on the POA is $7,000, and I'm happy to pay it.

Edited by NikiPinkston
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

OMG as in I'm not paying that. Nothing to do with affording.

That's weird. If OMG isn't a bargain, then its usually an affordability issue as people don't "OMG" over something in their price range. So why not book it?

10 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Wow, is that for 2 people?  We paid a lot less back in 2017.  Hawaii is an amazing place.

Yes, we selected a cabin on Deck 9, port-side and, with free-at-sea, it was actually a bit more than that. We had also sailed the POA in 2016, and you're right, the fare has really gone up. Love Hawaii, though, so for us it's worth it. Thank you for your well wishes!😊

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Prima….NCL’s newest ship….sailing during the Holiday Season?  Yeah, it’s going to be expensive.  Find a different ship, or shift your sail dates a little.  There are bargains out there.

I think we got a pretty good bargain so that is one of the reasons we canceled the Prima out of England October 2023  because we wanted also do a TA back to the states so we found a 14 night cruise on the Serenade that did Iceland and Norway  for $2566.00 total not per person for a balcony guarantee.  Royal canceled that one and allowed us to move to the Jewel  TA for 17 nights for the same price end of August next year.. Will do Iceland and Greenland but not Norway.  Seems like a deal to me and eventually we will do the Prima.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SeaShark said:

OMG as in "what an unbelievable bargain" or OMG as in "I can't afford THAT"?

You're leaving us hanging here...

I highly doubt it's "OMG I can't afford that" as much as it is "OMG I can sail on a true luxury line for those prices".  

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I highly doubt it's "OMG I can't afford that" as much as it is "OMG I can sail on a true luxury line for those prices".  

Could be...that is a nice guess, but why not just let post #10 in the thread stand instead of speculating?

• Haha 2

Yea I saw the price was more than the Escape the week before Christmas too. About the same as the OP said for the Christmas week. But I was paying that pre pandemic.

The new ship there just not giving out the bargains I wouldn't either. 

Came down to the stops for me the stops Prima had were not my favorite.