No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Taking a picture of the home test itself? But how does anyone know that it is really yours and not someone else's?

👆 THIS!! 👆  This is why I think testing will go away entirely in the coming few weeks (if not sooner).

• Like 7

Just now, mjkacmom said:

I don’t understand how this works as proof, if I test positive I can just take a picture of someone’s negative test, if I can’t cruise for any reason I can just take a picture of a positive test even if I’m negative. With all of the talk about fake vaccine cards I do not trust folks to do the right thing.

Just roll the tip around your forehead, put it in the test kit and get your negative result and go have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t understand how this works as proof, if I test positive I can just take a picture of someone’s negative test, if I can’t cruise for any reason I can just take a picture of a positive test even if I’m negative. With all of the talk about fake vaccine cards I do not trust folks to do the right thing.

Only thing I can think is it's a liability transfer somehow..... "we didn't know they were positive" denial?
I mean......... it's not like the whole world is immediately thinking this....... and can use copy/paste

image.png.de1af97dc2d9bc621ca31584e87b91ec.png

Edited by NateUpNorth

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I wouldn't cancel the proctored tests. Canada still requires covid testing along with  ArriveCAN.

Agreed. I posted just before you we still need the proctored test. Still more time for things to change before we sail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think this is a "look the other way" to eliminate the testing requirement without actually eliminating the testing requirement.

• Like 1

Just now, kelbrucruises said:

We have an Alaskan cruise that starts in Seward and we disembark in Vancouver. Are you telling me we will still have to test before we embark in Alaska? That makes no sense since we'll be on the ship for seven nights.

Yes. Canada's requirement. 

6 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think this is a "look the other way" to eliminate the testing requirement without actually eliminating the testing requirement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kelbrucruises said:

We have an Alaskan cruise that starts in Seward and we disembark in Vancouver. Are you telling me we will still have to test before we embark in Alaska? That makes no sense since we'll be on the ship for seven nights.

Blame Canada

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

And you can now use at-home tests without proctoring.

So here in uk. You order a test. The test has a unique serial number which is linked to the purchase. Take test and upload a pic to the testers website showing negative and serial number. Certificates are emailed though. But it never knows who took the test or how.....so pointless. I guess its for insurance purposes. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Radiance is 10 days!! Dang. Jan 30 2023 oit of Galveston.  .. 

Same for me on the Anthem in January 😔.

But, on a brighter note…I am no longer stressed about my sailing on the Oasis next month. My cabin buddy goes on a EU cruise and two days after she comes back we leave on the Oasis. I was very worried about her pre-cruise testing for our cruise!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Radiance is 10 days!! Dang. Jan 30 2023 oit of Galveston.  .. 

You have LOTS of time - this policy will probably change a couple more times in the next few weeks.

• Like 1