Pre cruise testing if going to Canada

Mountaineer0313

1 hour ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Please tell me I'm understanding this correctly. We're sailing from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC. So since we will be disembarking in Canada, we still need to take the pre cruise covid test, correct?

My understanding is, as of today, this is correct.  

1 hour ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Please tell me I'm understanding this correctly. We're sailing from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC. So since we will be disembarking in Canada, we still need to take the pre cruise covid test, correct?

I'd verify via the Health information tab on the app vs. CC.

8 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

I reported the double post. I can't help if they didn't remove it.

I assumed user error because the duplicate thread didn't appear until after you already got an answer to your question in the original thread. Just trying to help.

7 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I have no idea how to do any of this.  Will they help at the pier?

Best to do this before you arrive as you need to fill out info for both of you including uploading test results. It takes time and not a job for the person checking you in. As well it holds up the line for the rest who will have it ready

• Like 1

ArriveCan is no longer taking test result uploads.  You do need to upload both your passport and your vaccine records.  Need these for flying into Canada as well (OP is not flying in, sailing from Seward).  Easiest way is to have images of documents on phone/computer so you don't need to mess with taking a picture.

5 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I have no idea how to upload anything.  I filled out all my forms.  I have lots of images on my phone.  I will need help at the pier.

I hope I'm not overstepping bounds here, but when I need help with this kind of stuff I call on my younger family members.  They seem to be experts in all this type of thing and make me feel like I'm still back in the stone age 🙂.  Perhaps you have a younger relative or friend who could help you with this?  Much easier (and less stressful) than if you have to rely on people at the pier to help you.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I hope I'm not overstepping bounds here, but when I need help with this kind of stuff I call on my younger family members.  They seem to be experts in all this type of thing and make me feel like I'm still back in the stone age 🙂.  Perhaps you have a younger relative or friend who could help you with this?  Much easier (and less stressful) than if you have to rely on people at the pier to help you.

This was the best response for her. Not everyone is tech savvy and this is stressful for her. Kudos for your guidance.

• Like 2

Thanks all.  I have. managed to get a few things on to the site. I don't know where to find the Arive Can or whatever it is.  Perhaps I can get someone to help with that on the ship.  This is very stressful and really not enjoyable.  

4 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

Thanks all.  I have. managed to get a few things on to the site. I don't know where to find the Arive Can or whatever it is.  Perhaps I can get someone to help with that on the ship.  This is very stressful and really not enjoyable.  

I have heard that many have the same plan and that there are very long slow line ups at guest relations on a current sailing due to countless folks who had the same idea

On 8/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Better still bring one of them with you. Hold an auction, whoever bids the most gets to cruise.😂😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Better still bring one of them with you. Hold an auction, whoever bids the most gets to cruise.😂😀

Whenever I'm at my local library, it seems there are always people there getting tech help from the staff. Maybe this person's library has something like that. They obviously need help.

For anyone struggling with the ArriveCAN issue, here are a couple of thoughts.

You do not need a smartphone to do it.  If you can post on CC via desktop or laptop, you can do the form.  You can enter your passport info (number, dates of issue and expiration) rather than taking pictures to enter.

To start, type in ArriveCAN.  There will be several to choose from. Bring one up. Check the fine print on the first page.  If it says something like "This site is sponsored by a travel agency.....", go out and go back, and select another one.  Those agencies will expect you to pay a fee.

If you complete the information on the form and the next page says "Choose payment method", do not go any further.  Exit, and select another.  The Canadian Government site is the correct one.  There is no fee for doing the form.

This is/was new for all of us at one time or another.  We can all help each other get through it.

• Like 3