How Princess plus drinks package now works

Traderboy

5 minutes ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Can you order room service alcoholic beverages using the plus program?  I saw answers all over the place on a different site. If you can, can you just order one at a time? I assume you would tip as with regular room service? Can you order soda (fountain)?  

Yes you can.

Tip if you want, I don't as the 18% service charge is included in the price you have nominally paid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Can you order room service alcoholic beverages using the plus program?  I saw answers all over the place on a different site. If you can, can you just order one at a time? I assume you would tip as with regular room service? Can you order soda (fountain)?  

Yes, and you can tip or not as you please.  Many like to offer something due to the delivery aspect. 

(If you were referring to FB, it is quite unreliable for a lot of information).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If they're like their liquor pours, about 8😀

I get a lot of straight up doubles and they are full pours. I have sat at the bar a number of times and seen the drinks being made. They were full pours. Of course if you get one of the stupid frozen margaritas that full pour will be lost in a vast mountain of crushed ice...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

how many water bottles at a time can you get from the bars?

Never asked for more than two at a time. But no reason why you could not visit several bars and build up stocks that way.  How many do you need? 

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

I don't know the max but many times I got four. 

Couldn't carry any more. 

Maybe you could bring your blue Princess bag & ask for more? 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, voljeep said:

how many "Princess pours" are there in a bottle of wine?

I met friends every night in the Wheelhouse Bar last month on the Caribbean Princess. I noticed they had a wine glass of water on the bar. The waiters from Sabatini's next door would pick up wine and drinks from the bar. The bartenders measured the pour in glasses of wine by doing it next to the glass of water, making sure to get it to the exact same level. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

On the ap you can order 4 at a time delivered to your cabin or anywhere on the ship. If you call room service you can order 6 or more without issue. I’ve had 12 sent up. I like to reduce the number of trips as much as possible for crew. I drink 5-6 little bottles a day. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Murray's Pop said:

Absolutely,  in my younger days and in special circumstances, could do 3 times that amount and still walk straight!

No disrespect,  but are you are talking about American beer which is, to be polite, somewhat lacking in the alcohol department ? Most mass produced beers don't even reach 4.5%. 

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction as to what to order next time I am in SF.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No disrespect,  but are you are talking about American beer which is, to be polite, somewhat lacking in the alcohol department ? Most mass produced beers don't even reach 4.5%. 

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction as to what to order next time I am in SF.

No disrespect? Really?? You would've fooled me!

I was told by the bartender I had reached my 15 day limit. There was no way. They had billed my wife and my drinks to my account not hers..

Interesting that I was able to order 2 drinks at a time and charged to my account.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Try a Pliny The Elder. https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pliny-the-elder/

On 8/23/2022 at 2:33 AM, wowzz said:

Any drink up to $12 in value, anywhere on the ship, although large bottles 9f water are excluded.

Max of 15 alcoholic drinks per day. If you want a $16 drink, your onboard account will be charged $4.72 ($4 plus 18% service charge). 

If you want to take water off the ship pick up a small bottle of water from any of the bars.  

I see that a lot of drinks are $12 - are they on the plus or premium

Question...

I am new to cruising on Princess with the drink package. 

Are you able to order an 'unopened' beer to take with you.  I have routinely done this on Celebrity with their drink package, as I like to have a small stock available in my mini-fridge.  I know I can just call/use the medallion app to order for delivery.  But sometimes when I'm walking by a bar heading back to my room I would just pick one up for later.

Thanks!   

On 9/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, wowzz said:

You seem to be referencing those brews which my wife and I don't really consider "beer". Coors, Coors Light, Bud, Bud Light, etc. Try drinking micro brews. Even Sierra Nevada (made here in my home town) which isn't really a micro brewery anymore makes some pretty "hefty" brews. The beer selection on Princess ships is very sad.

13 hours ago, taylor_99b said:

Question...

I am new to cruising on Princess with the drink package. 

Are you able to order an 'unopened' beer to take with you.  I have routinely done this on Celebrity with their drink package, as I like to have a small stock available in my mini-fridge.  I know I can just call/use the medallion app to order for delivery.  But sometimes when I'm walking by a bar heading back to my room I would just pick one up for later.

Thanks!   

Yes you can. My husband does the same thing.