Cruiser Intelligence Quotient Test

Royal needs a new kind of testing. Let's call it a Cruiser Intelligence Quotient test, a CIQ if you will. 

Royal can test to see if a cruiser knows not to be a Chair Hog, or not to wear wife beaters in the MDR, or not to manhandle the food with their hands in the buffet line. It could also test to see if cruisers know how to control their kids, tip the crew appropriately, and to let people exit the elevator before they rush in. I probably missed a lot more things Royal could test cruisers about. 

What would you want Royal to test for on their CIQ test?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I had likes and went to check them out and all of the sudden "I wasnt allowed to view that thread". Thought I was either going crazy or someone in the thread didnt like me. 

It's the latter. 😁

One thing I missed was Royal could also test to make sure cruisers knew about not smoking anything on the balconies. Cruisers can eat smoked salmon on the balconies but smoking the salmon on the balconies in definitely a no-no! 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

How about theater etiquette?  Arriving late and then insisting on the seats in the middle of one of the front rows that force 10 people to stand up so they can get by?  Or talking through the entire performance?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

How about theater etiquette?  Arriving late and then insisting on the seats in the middle of one of the front rows that force 10 people to stand up so they can get by?  Or talking through the entire performance?

Good one. I never go to the shows so I definitely missed that one.

Of course,  wouldn't  it be best of class theatre etiquette if they talked right through Cats? 😉 📢

• Haha 3

How to be considerate with your balcony lights...i.e. leave them off when you're not out there!  So the rest of us can enjoy the stars!  Oh, and the volume on your TV.  And of course line cutting, my pet peeve of all things!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

Teaching people how to drive their scooters.

WOW, I've never run into that issue on Royal before...

Or should I say that issue has never run into me on Royal before. 😁

Details, we need more details!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

We've discussed having check-in lines for people who know what they're doing and have all their documents out and ready to be reviewed.

And one for everyone else

So... you want a real IQ test. 🥳

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Not touching their portable water bottles to the water spout in dining venues/using glasses to fill their portable water bottles...not just for cruises, for everywhere!!!

I should have said "personal" water bottles...

9 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, I've never run into that issue on Royal before...

Or should I say that issue has never run into me on Royal before. 😁

Details, we need more details!

I had a man on a scooter run over my foot while trying to get his scooter on an elevator already full of people.  Didn't faze him a bit.  He kept right on trying to get that scooter onto the elevator. 

• Like 1

A group of very rude people had a boombox blasting in the water at Labadee last week.  Then the next day, a different person walked through the solarium with his blasting, all the way into the Windjammer where my SO was having lunch, so he could also enjoy it 🙄

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

A group of very rude people had a boombox blasting in the water at Labadee last week.  Then the next day, a different person walked through the solarium with his blasting, all the way into the Windjammer where my SO was having lunch, so he could also enjoy it 🙄

Like sitting on the balcony of my condo...and listening to someone else's choice of VERY LOUD music!  Ugh.  It is just SO wrong!!!

• Like 5

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

How about non disabled people sitting in the theater seats designated for those disabled.

And refusing to make eye contact when someone in a wheelchair rolls up, pretending not to notice.  Not just on cruises, I saw it at an ice skating show at Busch Gardens recently.

14 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

I had a man on a scooter run over my foot while trying to get his scooter on an elevator already full of people.  Didn't faze him a bit.  He kept right on trying to get that scooter onto the elevator. 

People like that are just like those salmon swimming up stream. They have no idea why they do it but they still have to do it anyways. Not sure if Royal or anyone can fix that. 

Yeah, I've seen both...people in scooters that try to fit when it is already a full elevator...but more annoying to me is people who won't make room for a scooter.  Seriously, I just get off if I'm in the front so that they can get on.  You wait and wait for the elevators...at least I have the option (HAHA, except that I'm too lazy 😝) to take the stairs.  These people can't take the stairs and I'm just horrified when they've been sitting there at the elevator waiting, waiting and then an elevator opens and all of these able-bodied people (who arrived later) push in front of them to get on the elevator.  It's just wrong.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Darn that Betty White. I never liked her. 

70s and 80s boombox enthusiast - Home | Facebook

• Haha 4