Cruiser Intelligence Quotient Test

Love  all the comments thus far.

How about eating the food with their hands in the Windjammer while putting more food onto their plate. 

The people who refuse to use hand sanitizer while entering Windjammer/MDR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Like sitting on the balcony of my condo...and listening to someone else's choice of VERY LOUD music!  Ugh.  It is just SO wrong!!!

OK. I just have to know now. What loud music would be acceptable?

For me it would be anything from the Beatles, The Guess Who, or Burton Cummings. I'd have to accept lots of country crap because Mrs. Dawg likes songs about truckers and beer and truckers who love beer and truckers whose beer has left them for another trucker and whatever else they sing about.   🙂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Or perhaps SITTING in those middle seats so people don’t have to crawl over you!  

My daughter and I tend go to the theater early so one time we picked a totally empty row and sat in the two middle seats…there were some people who looked at this empty row - except for the two of us in the middle - and made us stand up so they could go past us to the empty other end! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Royal can test to see if a cruiser knows not to be a Chair Hog, or not to wear wife beaters in the MDR, or not to manhandle the food with their hands in the buffet line. It could also test to see if cruisers know how to control their kids, tip the crew appropriately, and to let people exit the elevator before they rush in. 

Wait just a minute here.........your not supposed to get a little taste test of the items in buffet before slapping it on, and what’s this tipping thing, how long has that been around, I just opt out of them. 

If people are coming out of the elevator as I am walking in, I politely say, “Sorry, are you in my way?”

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

For me it would be anything from the Beatles, The Guess Who, or Burton Cummings. I'd have to accept lots of country crap because Mrs. Dawg likes songs about truckers and beer and truckers who love beer and truckers whose beer has left them for another trucker and whatever else they sing about.   🙂

Anything by David Peel,Mandrill,Mountain or The Fugs.

16 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

My daughter and I tend go to the theater early so one time we picked a totally empty row and sat in the two middle seats…there were some people who looked at this empty row - except for the two of us in the middle - and made us stand up so they could go past us to the empty other end! 🤪

The Carthaginian general, Hannibal,  made his men and elephants cross the alps, in winter no less, to attack the Romans. Egyptian Pharaohs made their slaves build the great pyramids. Christopher Columbus made his men endure endless hardships to get to the other side of the known world. And some modern day cruisers made some other modern day cruisers rise from their seats in order to get to the other side of the theatre row.  Great accomplishments are only achieved through great sacrifices! 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Good point.  Nothing.  Nothing is acceptable.  I'm on my balcony in "my" space and I don't care what music you are playing, even if it is something I generally would listen to, it is just wrong to play your music for others to hear.  Put on your headset or earbuds or whatever and don't subject others to your "stuff".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We've discussed having check-in lines for people who know what they're doing and have all their documents out and ready to be reviewed.

And one for everyone else

In Bermuda, when they saw that we had our two cards (SeaPass and driver's license) in hand & ready to show, they waved us past dozens of morons rooting around in their beach bags and sent us right on to the ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, alex_drew said:

Good point.  Nothing.  Nothing is acceptable.  I'm on my balcony in "my" space and I don't care what music you are playing, even if it is something I generally would listen to, it is just wrong to play your music for others to hear.  Put on your headset or earbuds or whatever and don't subject others to your "stuff".

Mrs. Dawg told me once to turn down the music volume in our hot tub because she thought it might disturb our neighbour who is a very nice little old lady. Of course I obliged (aka, followed orders  😉) and turned down the volume. So what did I hear from the other side of the fence right afterwards? "Turn the music back up!" 🎶

I agree with you, a little more common (or not-so-common) courtesy would be welcome on Royal these days. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

I had a man on a scooter run over my foot while trying to get his scooter on an elevator already full of people.  Didn't faze him a bit.  He kept right on trying to get that scooter onto the elevator. 

Yep had the same thing happen to me. A guy had two options of which route to take and decided to intentionally run over my foot while I was sitting in a chair 

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

In Bermuda, when they saw that we had our two cards (SeaPass and driver's license) in hand & ready to show, they waved us past dozens of morons rooting around in their beach bags and sent us right on to the ship.

They should do the same thing in San Juan, one of the few Caribbean ports that makes good on its threat to want a photo ID.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cargopilot said:

RC as in any business today just has to post policy for their customers but does not have to enforce it. Here is another------ Don't expect 5000 people in one place today to act like 5000 people in one place in 1980.

Today 4,999 of those 5,000 people will be starring at their smart phones listening to U2 or Bon Jovi while wearing bellbottoms. In 1980 those 4,999 people were listening to U2 or bon Jovi on their Walkman while wearing bellbottoms. 🎧 Is today really so much different than 1980?

14 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Royal needs a new kind of testing. Let's call it a Cruiser Intelligence Quotient test, a CIQ if you will. 

Royal can test to see if a cruiser knows not to be a Chair Hog, or not to wear wife beaters in the MDR, or not to manhandle the food with their hands in the buffet line. It could also test to see if cruisers know how to control their kids, tip the crew appropriately, and to let people exit the elevator before they rush in. I probably missed a lot more things Royal could test cruisers about. 

What would you want Royal to test for on their CIQ test?

OMG -- how true!  I had to scold a man who practically knocked me over trying to storm on to a full elevator.  I said, "Didn't your mother teach you the etiquette of letting people exit first".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

I had a man on a scooter run over my foot while trying to get his scooter on an elevator already full of people.  Didn't faze him a bit.  He kept right on trying to get that scooter onto the elevator. 

3 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Yep had the same thing happen to me. A guy had two options of which route to take and decided to intentionally run over my foot while I was sitting in a chair 

I never realised Royal had a scourge of marauding scooter-ists on board. Do they wear patches like the motorcycle gangs do? 🙂

• Haha 1

Answer the following true false statement before being allowed to book a cruise:

"I am boarding a ship that sails on water. There will be times, no matter the size of the ship or use of stabilizers, where there will be motion and I may become seasick."

I recently read a review by a woman that complained that the water was rough and that her and her granddaughter's cruise was ruined by motion sickness. She was never going to cruise  that line again because of the rough water. 

Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, I've never run into that issue on Royal before...

Or should I say that issue has never run into me on Royal before. 😁

Details, we need more details!

This is closely related to the comment on waiting for people to get off the elevator before barging in.

15 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I'd have to accept lots of country crap because Mrs. Dawg likes songs about truckers and beer and truckers who love beer and truckers whose beer has left them for another trucker and whatever else they sing about.   🙂

Do you know what happens when you play country music backwards?

You get your wife back, you get your truck back, you get your dog back.... and you're sober!

• Haha 4

Two more true/false statements for first time cruisers:

"I have no responsibility to educate myself about the cruise line I am cruising on by reading all the available information that the cruise line has available on their website, emails or other communications.  Instead I will depend on others such as my travel agent and random strangers on a chat board to tell me everything about my cruise."

"When I leave home, everything will be exactly the same on board ship and in  the ports  as I have and experience at home."

For cruisers with at least one cruise under their belt:

"Every cruise line will do everything exactly the same as my first cruise line."

"Every itinerary offered by one cruise line will never vary from my experience on my first cruise . Everything - ship design, food offerings, entertainment, shore side experience - will never change in spite of being at a different time of year, different embarkation port, different country customs, or availability of provisions for the ship."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3