2 - Canada Dry tonic water

2 - Coke

2 - Sprite

Elite bathroom - small zippered nylon bag with -

shower cap

tube of spa lotion

tooth brush with tiny tube of toothpaste 

plastic razor with tiny tube shaving cream

On Discovery in May- in suite-  no zip bag,, no toothpaste/ brush, no razor.

On Discovery July 31st Alaska.  NO elite bathroom amenities at all, NO Princess blue bag.  Minibar was there but traded in for wine and did not pay attention to what items were there.  Robe was in room on the first evening.

We had the bags on Discovery in April but they were "hidden" on top shelf of closet rather than on the bed as in the past. We did not have any elite bathroom amenities, just standard shower products. Mini bar was regular set up. We got the canapes, even though we did not request them (nor want them).

“Suite bath amenities” has been removed from the list of Elite benefits. From experience, suites mostly have the same amenities as a regular cabin these days-the large pumps of Lotus Spa soaps, and little else other than cotton balls/ swabs and maybe a loofah. It wasn’t like the “olden days” when there was lip balm, emery boards, and often upgraded individually packed soaps and shampoos. Plus, with supply chain issues, you never knew what you were going to get, if anything. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, hpeabody said:

On Discovery July 31st Alaska.  NO elite bathroom amenities at all, NO Princess blue bag.  Minibar was there but traded in for wine and did not pay attention to what items were there.  Robe was in room on the first evening.

We had the same experience on the Discovery last week. We traded our minibar for coffee packages, but otherwise the same.

Interesting.  And just like that, a click on the delete button and the Elite Amenities description is gone.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

1656220046_Eliteamenities.thumb.png.9fbcc4130fd820e5a9e8474d2d5917a1.png

You only get "upgraded bathroom amenities" in a Suite.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

The cuts keep coming.  Pretty soon, we will all need to get into Tony's Rowboat.  I'm sure he will have better amenities than Princess has to offer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Interesting.  And just like that, a click on the delete button and the Elite Amenities description is gone.

The cuts keep coming.  Pretty soon, we will all need to get into Tony's Rowboat.  I'm sure he will have better amenities than Princess has to offer.  

Wow - that was done quietly...I had no idea the bathroom amenities was no longer a thing and I try to keep on top of all the changes!

50 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well, no wonder I didn't know - the TA "answers" (updated 12 days ago) still says this:

image.png.0dd13d548331e3a98db39f1073522ff7.png

21 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Well, no wonder I didn't know - the TA "answers" (updated 12 days ago) still says this:

image.png.0dd13d548331e3a98db39f1073522ff7.png

That's hysterical considering there really are no more suite amenities.  I last cruised in a suite in April.  I had to ask for q-tips.  I was given an emory board and a shower cap.  That was my "suite amenities".  

Back then (April), they did have gel, shampoo, and lotion in tubes plus a bar of soap.  From what I am reading now, ALL of those have been removed.  

It will be interesting to see what is left in my suite in a few months.  It is not the items that I am "disturbed" about losing, it is the concept that Princess keeps shrinking their perks.  Princess, in my opinion, was a luxury cruise line within my budget.  Part of the "royal treatment" was being spoiled. 

I would not even mind if they added or replaced....with non-revenue perks:

1.  Preferred seating in the Theater (for suites)

2.  Priority line for tender returns (a few spaces saved on the "next" tender)

3.  Dedicated line for MDR (with or without reservations)

• Like 1

Will there be any perks left when Princess' new president finishes having fun taking them away one by one.  This is a sure way to keep loyal customers happy.  Yeah!  I see this whole loyalty thing crumbling to an end sooner than later.  Any bets? 

9 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Will there be any perks left when Princess' new president finishes having fun taking them away one by one.  This is a sure way to keep loyal customers happy.  Yeah!  I see this whole loyalty thing crumbling to an end sooner than later.  Any bets? 

There's not many perks they can take away that will save them much more money. All the big ones are gone now😥

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Love the last paragraph!!

Very typical of Princess.  Trumpet anything new marketing-wise, but crickets when taking something away or when there is a major system issue.  I suppose many companies are similar in this regard - keep the bad news as quiet as possible.  

It could be that they didn't actually want to take the amenities away as it seems they have struggled to get supplies, so perhaps decided all they can do right now is supply suites.  In the meantime, they can conveniently not make efforts to bump up supplies down the line.  TBH, we don't really care about that stuff since we are used to bringing our own stuff that we prefer.

I would love them to introduce some kind of program where you get a pre-cruise checklist for the elite/suite amenities and you select those you want and those you don't. I would definitely opt out of the canapes, sparkling wine, fresh fruit, fresh flowers...and take the linen spray, lip balm, and sewing kit instead...

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, hpeabody said:

Question for you... How do you "trade"?  Do you just tell the room steward what you'd like?  I mean I'd be happy with Diet Coke and Bacardi (for example).  Will they just swap it out?  Thanks.

20 hours ago, Dunk said:

“Suite bath amenities” has been removed from the list of Elite benefits. From experience, suites mostly have the same amenities as a regular cabin these days-the large pumps of Lotus Spa soaps, and little else other than cotton balls/ swabs and maybe a loofah. It wasn’t like the “olden days” when there was lip balm, emery boards, and often upgraded individually packed soaps and shampoos. Plus, with supply chain issues, you never knew what you were going to get, if anything. 

Where have you had the pumps of soap in a suite? Majestic had the individual tubes...😊

1 hour ago, Westsail32 said:

Question for you... How do you "trade"?  Do you just tell the room steward what you'd like?  I mean I'd be happy with Diet Coke and Bacardi (for example).  Will they just swap it out?  Thanks.

The mini-bar is traded using Room Service.  Call them up as soon as you can and tell them what you want swapped.

• Like 1

We had mini suite but only hand soap in dispenser and shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the bath/shower area.  No priority boarding.  We only made the evening cocktail hour once .. no atmosphere in the Vista Lounge on Enchanted.  We did make the most travelled lunch which was excellent.  👍🏻  

3 hours ago, seapals2 said:

We had mini suite but only hand soap in dispenser and shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the bath/shower area.  No priority boarding.  We only made the evening cocktail hour once .. no atmosphere in the Vista Lounge on Enchanted.  We did make the most travelled lunch which was excellent.  👍🏻  

There is no priority boarding for mini-suites - only Club Class Mini-Suites. 

ETA:  But if you went to MTP Lunch, you must be Elite, so what gives.  Which port was this at?  Not good, I say.

Edited by Steelers36