On consecutive cruises, does your onboard account carry over?

canadarocks

We're doing back to back to back cruises on the Rotterdam next year. All three are separate booking numbers. Will our onboard account carry over from one cruise to the next (and the third), or will they "zero down" our account after each segment? 

Asking because we will have OBC on the third segment only. 

Edited by canadarocks
  • Like 1

Yes, it will carry forward from cruise to cruise. We did b2b2b2bs last fall and last spring, and our account carried forward along with any unused obc. 

My advice is to keep an eye on your account, and to correct any errors before the end of each cruise.  They are much easier to correct during the cruise the charges appear on your account.  Sometimes, you might not be able to make corrections after the new cruise starts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Somebody correct me if wrong, but with HAL I think it is simply a matter of booking numbers.  If your cruises are booked under a single booking number, the folio (On Board Account) simply carries over for each segment.  If your cruise segments have different booking numbers, I believe the account is closed out for each cruise (booking number).  

If you have any doubts/questions, simply stop by Guest Relations during the first cruise and ask.

Hank

• Like 2

Just now, Hlitner said:

Somebody correct me if wrong, but with HAL I think it is simply a matter of booking numbers.  If your cruises are booked under a single booking number, the folio (On Board Account) simply carries over for each segment.  If your cruise segments have different booking numbers, I believe the account is closed out for each cruise (booking number).  

If you have any doubts/questions, simply stop by Guest Relations during the first cruise and ask.

Hank

Nope. In March we did B2B on KDam. Two separate booking numbers. Everything transferred over, AND on boarding day for cruise #2, we got the various OBCs we were due for that cruise...stock owners,  etc.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Nope. In March we did B2B on KDam. Two separate booking numbers. Everything transferred over, AND on boarding day for cruise #2, we got the various OBCs we were due for that cruise...stock owners,  etc.

Then I stand corrected.  We actually have an upcoming cruise (with HAL) that has two booking numbers, the first of which is two segments and the second cruise another 14 day segment.  I think that is the first time we have booked with HAL and had 2 different booking numbers on the same cruise :).  In our case it was just too complicated to amend/change the first 28 day booking once we decided to add-on another 14 day segment.  HAL actually suggested we just do it as a new booking (new booking number) and they were able to handle it with the same cabin throughout.    That actually got us some extra benefits since our 5* dining benefits applied to each booking number and we can get stockholder credits for each of the booking numbers.   Now I am curious to see how the accounting will be handled on that journey.

Hank

we did 8 B2B's on the Koningsdam Nov2021-Jan 2022.. 8 separate booking #''s.. our account just carried forward to the next cruise updating with any Onboard Credits due us for that next cruise

we also did 4 B2B's on the Zaandam May 2022-June 2022.. 4 separate booking #'s ..same as on the Koningsdam with our account carrying over to the next segment.. updating any OnBoard Credits due us for that next segment

I was curious about this.  I did a B2B on Zuidy in Alaska the first 2 weeks of June.  When I go to the app and look for statements, it shows the two separate weeks because they were two different booking numbers.  But if I try to view the 2nd week's statements, it says it cannot be viewed.  When I tried to open the first week's statement, sure enough, the entire two weeks was shown on that one statement.

I have a B2B2B next spring that each leg comes with various OBC.  I'll be sure to double-check and make sure everything appears when it should.

• Like 2

Really impressed with HAL's accounting on the Koningsdam. No problem getting B-Bs accounts rolling over and perfect accounting instead of the pre-covid need for trips to the Front Desk (repeatedly) to ask for credits for Wine Tasting, Mariner discounts, etc.  Very much appreciated that this upgraded accounting continued on the Zuiderdam. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeeSun&Sea said:

Hmmm. Can you get shareholder On Board Credit for each leg? Or do you get one for the whole trip?

CCL OBC is applied for each booking number.  On Embarkation Day of the second leg, the CCL OBC for that booking # will be added to your continuing account.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

Currently aboard Zaandam. Two one week cruises, two booking numbers, two shareholder credits, account carries over, internet plan carries over. No must station requirement, no more covid test. Our guarantee cabin is the same both cruises (luckily), key card should work for both weeks, it is dated that way. No immigration procedures in Montreal, stay on if we want, get off if and when we want. We have in transit cards to get us back on the ship when we want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

To all of you that have cruised multiple back to backs, this is our first B2B and with HAL; leaving October 22, 2022.  We are wondering do we pack for one week and use the laundry service on ship OR can we get off between the 2 cruises in FLL and uber to a laundry facility that is only 2 miles away?  Regardless what we do with laundry, if we get off the ship how do we get back on?  Do we go through terminal and show boarding pass from the 1st leg along with the newly issued ship pass card?  Any guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

Use the ship laundry.  It will be cheaper and more convenient than waiting to do your own laundry at a laundromat away from the ship.

You will get an "In transit" card to use to return directly to the ship, after going through Security.

Edited by Crew News

43 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Use the ship laundry.  It will be cheaper and more convenient than waiting to do your own laundry at a laundromat away from the ship.

You will get an "In transit" card to use to return directly to the ship, after going through Security.

And by ship laundry, @Crew Newsmeans sending the laundry out to be done by the Laundry Department on the ship.  Here is a quote from him that is from another laundry thread.

There is no need to purchase the laundry package before you board the ship.  In your closet, you will find a blue laundry bag and laundry list clipped to a pants hanger.  Fill out the list and check the box for the unlimited package.  If you have any special instructions, you can write them by the items.  You can turn in laundry in the morning and evening by leaving the filled bag on your bed for your Room Steward.  It is my experience that laundry turned in at breakfast time is returned the same day with evening turn-in returned the next morning.  Note that laundry cannot be turned in the day before disembarkation. 

If you do not check the hanger or folded box on the laundry list, everything with the exception of undershorts/panties, socks, and handkerchiefs will be on hangers.  A new laundry list and bag will be included with your returned laundry. Every item on hangers will have a laundry tape that should be removed before moving items into your closet.  Failure to do so will give you a very itchy feeling when you wear the item of clothing.  After the first laundry return, you will know where to look for the tape.

Ask your Room Steward for extra laundry bags and lists so that you can have the next bag ready without waiting for returned laundry with new bags/list. By turning in laundry both morning and evening, you will have everything in your suitcase hanging unwrinkled in your closet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peddalpusher said:

To all of you that have cruised multiple back to backs, this is our first B2B and with HAL; leaving October 22, 2022.  We are wondering do we pack for one week and use the laundry service on ship OR can we get off between the 2 cruises in FLL and uber to a laundry facility that is only 2 miles away?  Regardless what we do with laundry, if we get off the ship how do we get back on?  Do we go through terminal and show boarding pass from the 1st leg along with the newly issued ship pass card?  Any guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

Are you are doing 2 x 7 day cruises with two different booking numbers?

Then it may pay you to take the Unlimited Laundry offer for the second cruise 7 days x $8 = $56.  Get your laundry done on the first night (eighth night)  and anytime during the second cruise up to 48 hours before disembarking.

Just wondering- would they allow you to take a large bag or suitcase ( of your laundry) off the ship on turn around day?

I’m thinking about customs….  

I know in the past people have reported not being allowed off with packages or large bags that they were going to ship home via post or other carrier.