"Upgraded" to a lower cabin class...7204 on Millennium

Mountaineer0313

When I originally booked on Millennium last year, all they had were regular concierge class verandahs. Last week, I saw they had a family verandah open, which I had tried to book previously but Celebrity wouldn't let me because they want to use the whole occupancy of the room, which is 5, and we only have 2 travelers. But last week they let me "upgrade", at an upcharge, which is fine, because I wanted the bigger room and the aft balcony. But now I've learned that we are no longer concierge class, I think? Our cabin number is 7204, for reference. Anyone have experience with this type of cabin? Worth the upgrade? Especially for two people who use their balcony extensively and actually use the room a lot?

4 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

When I originally booked on Millennium last year, all they had were regular concierge class verandahs. Last week, I saw they had a family verandah open, which I had tried to book previously but Celebrity wouldn't let me because they want to use the whole occupancy of the room, which is 5, and we only have 2 travelers. But last week they let me "upgrade", at an upcharge, which is fine, because I wanted the bigger room and the aft balcony. But now I've learned that we are no longer concierge class, I think? Our cabin number is 7204, for reference. Anyone have experience with this type of cabin? Worth the upgrade? Especially for two people who use their balcony extensively and actually use the room a lot?

You'll get 2 fewer captains club points per night and won't get the daily canapes or bottle of wine, plush bathrobes, expanded room service menu or Grohe showerhead. You will get lots more space in your room and more balcony area. The determination of what those things are worth can only be assessed by the two of you.

We were originally booked in a 2A balcony cabin, but due availability a few months before our TA, I changed our room to FV. When I asked how much extra, I was told nothing as the FV was in the same category as the 2A, which surprised me.

11 minutes ago, SusieV said:

FV is much, much better than Concierge. I'm not sure why you think it's lower just because it doesn't have the fancy perks that aren't worth much.

No, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I feel like it's an upgrade, even though technically, class wise, it's a downgrade. As far as the perks that someone else mentioned, wine, bathrobes, etc, those really don't mean anything to me, so I probably won't miss them lol. I haven't worn a bathrobe in my life.

6 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

You will love it.  The space is wonderful.  We had 8166 on a Panama Canal cruise and it greatly enhanced our cruise!  ENJOY.

Perfect!! I didn't tell my husband I upgraded. He asked, I lied. I'm excited for him to find out when we walk into the room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Having been in both a FV (just 2 of us) and Concierge, I would take the FV without hesitation. Yes, you only get 3 points/night, but if you love balconies, you will LOVE a FV. Definitely worth it to us!

That's what I hoped! The huge room plus the huge balcony just seemed like a no brainer, plus the views from being on the back of the ship. I feel like being on deck 7, we won't have noise from above either.

• Like 1

Just now, Mountaineer0313 said:

That's what I hoped! The huge room plus the huge balcony just seemed like a no brainer, plus the views from being on the back of the ship. I feel like being on deck 7, we won't have noise from above either.

No you won’t. We were on deck 9 and there was some noise from above, but it wasn’t horrible since we were on the corner. Deck 7 will be perfect! Have a great time!

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

No you won’t. We were on deck 9 and there was some noise from above, but it wasn’t horrible since we were on the corner. Deck 7 will be perfect! Have a great time!

Thanks! 2 years waiting to be back on a ship and it's finally here lol. I had an aft balcony booked 2 years ago and that cruise got canceled, so I'm glad I managed to snag one again, AND surprise my hubby with it, because he hated cruising until we went to Alaska and now his favorite thing is room service on the balcony.

• Like 1

If you like wine with your dinner, you could bring your favorite on board (2 bottles allowed), order room service and enjoy your dinner in your lovely aft cabin while watching the wake.  Your DH is going to love you for the great surprise.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

You have snagged the best bang for the buck of any M class cabin.  Better arranged space than any Sky Suite, and certainly one of the most relaxing views on the ship.  The corners are even nicer, but what you have will be very comfortable.

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

You have snagged the best bang for the buck of any M class cabin.  Better arranged space than any Sky Suite, and certainly one of the most relaxing views on the ship.  The corners are even nicer, but what you have will be very comfortable.

I definitely would have loved a corner, but those got snagged up fast. Will definitely try for one next time though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

If you like wine with your dinner, you could bring your favorite on board (2 bottles allowed), order room service and enjoy your dinner in your lovely aft cabin while watching the wake.  Your DH is going to love you for the great surprise.  Enjoy your cruise.

That sounds like a wonderful plan, we'll definitely do that!