Medical Cannabis

peanut head

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Just because it might be legal in your state, you still can't cross state lines with it. Nor is it legal in all countries.

So, the answer is no.

Most cruise ships are flagged under the country Malta or other similar country that enables them to be very independent regarding onboard policies, including this one. Because it is not an American ship, the laws in any state of the US are irrelevant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letsgogogo said:

Most cruise ships are flagged under the country Malta or other similar country that enables them to be very independent regarding onboard policies, including this one. Because it is not an American ship, the laws in any state of the US are irrelevant. 

But what is relevant is that it is explicitly stated by Celebrity and most (if not all...I wouldn't know) cruise lines that it is not allowed in any form for any reason.  So it goes...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dlh015 said:

But what is relevant is that it is explicitly stated by Celebrity and most (if not all...I wouldn't know) cruise lines that it is not allowed in any form for any reason.  So it goes...

Totally agree. I was just pointing out this other piece because I have seen comments on this topic in other posts saying “they can’t do that…ADA violation…blah blah.” 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Just because it might be legal in your state, you still can't cross state lines with it. Nor is it legal in all countries.

So, the answer is no.

I don’t think the OP was making any assumptions, which is probably why she asked the question. 

10 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

US law applies to ships when they are in US territorial waters.  State laws apply when a ship is docked in the state.  Also, some Florida laws apply to cruise lines that are headquartered in Florida.

• Like 3

It is not permitted.  While you may have a card issued in your state it is not legal under Federal Regulations. Legally you can not cross boarder between states or countries without violating Federal law

It is my understanding that CBD is also prohibited 

22 hours ago, peanut head said:

Does Celebrity allow medical cannabis to be brought on board if you have a current medical cannabis card?

If your going to the Caribbean, no problem man. Just walk the hall ways until you smell that smell. Hang out there and get a contact high. 😉

• Haha 2

On 9/2/2022 at 5:23 AM, Mark_K said:

US law applies to ships when they are in US territorial waters.  State laws apply when a ship is docked in the state.  Also, some Florida laws apply to cruise lines that are headquartered in Florida.

Some US federal laws apply to foreign flag cruise ships when in US waters.  Some state laws apply when the ship is within state waters.  Florida laws that apply to cruise lines headquartered in Florida do not apply to ships that are not in Florida waters.  The overlapping of jurisdiction between "flag state" and "port state" (the country where the ship is physically located) is one of the most complex in maritime law.  At all times, the flag state laws apply onboard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Most reports are that self serve has for the most part returned.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, peanut head said:

Does Celebrity allow medical cannabis to be brought on board if you have a current medical cannabis card?

Don’t bring it. If your caught, let’s just say you will not be happy.