Royal Princess Covid Isolation

memoak

We and a friend who were in2 different cabins have all tested positive for Covid 9 days into a 14 day cruise. Isolation area is pretty much full up from what we can see with breakfast dishes at every stateroom within site. We will now have to be transferred to hotels in Vancouver to finish out the required 10 day isolation required by Canada. I firmly believe if Princess had kept to there printed protocols and required indoor masking that we would very likely not be sick. This was a Vancouver round trip so FAQ showed masks required. 90% of passengers were not wearing masks at all. We are fully vaccinated and double boosted so this could happen to to anyone.  We are now on Paxlovid and this much worse than the ordinary cold. Night sweats very common. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

We and a friend who were in2 different cabins have all tested positive for Covid 9 days into a 14 day cruise. Isolation area is pretty much full up from what we can see with breakfast dishes at every stateroom within site. We will now have to be transferred to hotels in Vancouver to finish out the required 10 day isolation required by Canada. I firmly believe if Princess had kept to there printed protocols and required indoor masking that we would very likely not be sick. This was a Vancouver round trip so FAQ showed masks required. 90% of passengers were not wearing masks at all. We are fully vaccinated and double boosted so this could happen to to anyone.  We are now on Paxlovid and this much worse than the ordinary cold. Night sweats very common. 

Oh no!  So sorry for you all.  I too, believe when there’s a requirement, it should be enforced.  Their ship…their rules.

Did Medical prescribe Paxlovid OB?

Hope you all recover quickly.

59 minutes ago, memoak said:

I firmly believe if Princess had kept to there printed protocols and required indoor masking that we would very likely not be sick.

Even on ships where most people were masking, out breaks of Covid happened. 

Why did you cruise when it's evident that the virus hasn't finished running it's course.

Get well. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Oh no!  So sorry for you all.  I too, believe when there’s a requirement, it should be enforced.  Their ship…their rules.

Did Medical prescribe Paxlovid OB?

Hope you all recover quickly.

Yes we have started Paxlovid. Had to get blood tests to make sure our liver and kidneys were in good shape first. Will have to get reimbursed from my Medicare Advantage plan through my medical provider

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Even on ships where most people were masking, out breaks of Covid happened. 

Why did you cruise when it's evident that the virus hasn't finished running it's course.

Get well. 

This cruise seemed much more lax than a cruise I took in April on the Majestic. On that trip more than half the passengers masked. People seem to believe that Covid is over just want to let people know that is not the case. Worse thing is we will miss MTP lunch tomorrow. It was the best food on the cruise last week

Edited by memoak
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the reminder that Covid is still going around. Now I'm thinking we will wait until next summer to cruise again. Was thinking this Christmas but might still be too soon. I can't imagine spending our cruise in quarantine cabins and on meds (that require a blood test first?!) and feeling terrible. Prayers for your quick recovery. 

• Thanks 1

@memoakI know that "prayers and thoughts" is not what you want to hear right now.  I have read many of your posts and know that you plan out your cruises diligently.  I am sorry that this has happened to you and your friend/s.

I do hope that the worst is over and that you do not get a rebound case.  Safe travels home.  

Malama Pono

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@memoakI know that "prayers and thoughts" is not what you want to hear right now.  I have read many of your posts and know that you plan out your cruises diligently.  I am sorry that this has happened to you and your friend/s.

I do hope that the worst is over and that you do not get a rebound case.  Safe travels home.  

Malama Pono

Agreed - so sorry to hear one of our own got hit! 

We were on a cruise in March. Ship was half full, and mask wearing was enforced everywhere.  Made no difference.  We got Covid, as did many others.  Mask wearing can help, but it is not infallible. Plus of course, if you go ashore,  you will mix with unmasked people.

Sorry that you have caught Covid, but unfortunately these days it is a risk we all take when travelling and cruusing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, memoak said:

This cruise seemed much more lax than a cruise I took in April on the Majestic. On that trip more than half the passengers masked. People seem to believe that Covid is over just want to let people know that is not the case. Worse thing is we will miss MTP lunch tomorrow. It was the best food on the cruise last week

Now that would make me upset for sure.😪

Did you try asking the Princess host/hostess if you could possibly get a Sabatini's substitute (on another day or even another cruise in the future) in place of the invitation? 

Who knows what they'll say??

12 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Thank you for the reminder that Covid is still going around. Now I'm thinking we will wait until next summer to cruise again. Was thinking this Christmas but might still be too soon. I can't imagine spending our cruise in quarantine cabins and on meds (that require a blood test first?!) and feeling terrible. Prayers for your quick recovery. 

Prayers will definitely heal them, I'd wait 10 years if I was you 

Edited by antsp
  • Haha 1

memoak - sorry to hear you are isolated and suffering from Covid. Hope you have a complete recovery. As you are being given Paxlovid onboard, I hope you are being monitored by the medical department and not being left on your own.

We are due to board the Royal on Sept. 27 until Oct. 23 and becoming very concerned about the changes in testing and lack of guests following direction on masking indoors. Do you have a "guestamate" of how many are infected on your sailing?

Wishing you all the best in your recovery and have a safe journey home.

cnd crsr

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Covid is never going to "run it's course" it is a permanent part of our lives now.

The only hope is that the vaccines get better and enough people take them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1