Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Seas look reasonably calm this morning.

Not from the Bordeaux MDR on deck 5! 🤣

We have 3-4 metre swells but coming from aft so at least we're not bashing head-on to them. However when the bow wave hits the peak of the swell it looks very spectacular from that level. The ship is very stable though, just a bit of movement which we're finding quite pleasant. We were rocked to sleep last night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Good news, I suppose Cape Byron may be visible by now

If it was it would have been too hazy to see. We can just see the outline of the coastal ranges but no detail.

It's warming up a bit and the seas have dropped even more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've just got back from afternoon trivia with one of the most annoying trivia hosts we've ever experienced - Kelly. She had a very loud, strident voice and never stopped talking.

I mentioned her on my thread, a voice from hell.

Always saying "I know" and "you'll thank me"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've just got back from afternoon trivia with one of the most annoying trivia hosts we've ever experienced - Kelly. She had a very loud, strident voice and never stopped talking.

You will need to avoid the night time music trivias then. Always talking about winning a bottle of SHIP champagne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I mentioned her on my thread, a voice from hell.

Always saying "I know" and "you'll thank me"

And "You're welcome".

Didn't much like William either, seemed to treat us like little children, with his treacle-like Hellos. Thankfully gone to Sapphire Princess.

By a country mile, the best entertainment staff was Joseph. Did his own trivia questions, played the piano, taught Japanese lessons etc etc etc.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

And "You're welcome".

Didn't much like William either, seemed to treat us like little children, with his treacle-like Hellos. Thankfully gone to Sapphire Princess.

By a country mile, the best entertainment staff was Joseph. Did his own trivia questions, played the piano, taught Japanese lessons etc etc etc.

Kevin is pretty good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The MDR meals have mostly been great so far. Huge main portion sizes though.

My last cruise on Princess was Sapphire in Northern Europe, 2018, portion sizes in MDR were always on the small size back then. Good to see you are getting fed right. Thankyou.

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

And "You're welcome".

I agree, we liked Joseph the best. William was fun for the music trivia as he is so vain, its amusing to watch him. 

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

And "You're welcome".

Yep, William has gone, I didn't mind him but Joseph is much better.

47 minutes ago, Fortunatefew said:

Can someone confirm what time the evening shows are on ?  We are cruising 26 Sept on Coral.

Evening shows are usually 7.30pm and 9.30pm. But on my last 2 cruises they only had 8.30pm show due to low passenger numbers.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Kevin is pretty good.

Julie, I think you are still on board the Coral. On other sections of the forum we have been discussing the cost of internet on board. Is it possible for you to make a couple of enquiries at the Internet Cafe on board? Sorry to impose.😃

Question 1 - On a live chat at Princess this afternoon, I was told it is AUD$12.99 per day with 50% discount for Elite and no difference in price between pre-purchasing or buying on board.

Question 2 - Someone told me that the Wi-fi package does not include use of the ship's computers in the internet cafe. This sounds strange to me and I would love to have it cleared up.

Thanks so much.❤️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fortunatefew said:

Can someone confirm what time the evening shows are on ?  We are cruising 26 Sept on Coral.

They're on at 7:30pm and 9:30pm now.

We haven't actually managed to get to one yet but are planning to go tonight. 

• Like 1