The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 4th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

We were lucky to see the aurora last night and the phenomenon called Steve.   Discovered and named by a friends son and NASA.   It was like a giant spotlight. Plus one of the best shooting stars.   Thankfully the smoke had cleared. Jasper national park has a large tire.  

A6443E54-BFBC-475C-B718-95D78037DAC1.jpeg

06B7B065-7129-4788-B5D8-F18615532E3A.jpeg

7125F534-7841-4A87-9BAF-3193803FFDE8.jpeg

C2A208D5-5551-407E-9D87-21347DD4FDD1.jpeg

377C959F-5C9B-43ED-967B-572DCF48867A.jpeg

This is when I really wish that CC had a "WOW" reaction icon!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

Asking for prayers for Allen. While at the VA Friday he suffered a TIA. After a critical care doctor checked him over we were sent to the Texas University Seton ER downtown Austin by ambulance for lots tests, MRI, bloodwork. Spent the night, released yesterday afternoon. Need additional tests on Tuesday here at our clinic. Echocardiogram and additional tests. He has had 2 serious strokes over the past 9 years so we need to be extra vigilant. Thanks for prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers raised!

• Like 13

Has anyone been to a Cellar Master's dinner lately? My late DH & I enjoyed them before covid changed the world. I got an email from HAL the other day offering a "Cellar Master package" that included wine tastings, special bottles of wine, and 1-2 special dinners. Is it possible to sign up for just the CM dinner when we get on board? That's the way it USED to work. Thanks!

• Like 7

Good morning. 

Asking for prayers for Allen. While at the VA Friday he suffered a TIA. After a critical care doctor checked him over we were sent to the Texas University Seton ER downtown Austin by ambulance for lots tests, MRI, bloodwork. Spent the night, released yesterday afternoon. Need additional tests on Tuesday here at our clinic. Echocardiogram and additional tests. He has had 2 serious strokes over the past 9 years so we need to be extra vigilant. Thanks for prayers.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

My sweet, sweet sister Joy❤️
Words can not express how my heart feels at this moment.

Thank our GOD having our dear Allen where he was that the team of wonderful doctors were there. May he place his hands upon Allen and lead those Doctors  in helping him!! I am so glad you were where you needed to be and with TIA they were on top of this!!

Our love, prayers, go out to both of you! Your always there for all of us over the years and you have a wonderful supportive family here on CC❤️
I will be one vigilant in prayer for our Allen

🌺 Denise

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

0904OSDM.thumb.png.c890df33ce9ffeaf4dc1e2f901891250.pngBoth the text and map show Oosterdam to be in Venice instead of Trieste. I wonder what is going on there?

Cruisetimetables shows Oosterdam in Venice as well.  I do still feel that was a likely matter of capacity in Trieste.  There were 3 ships there, NCL Gem, Costa Luminosa, and Mein Schiff 5; doesn't look to me like Trieste can handle 4.  All the other ships seem to be doing round trips from Trieste so it might be just a matter of priority, or Italy may have some cabotage laws (like the PVSA) which would prohibit them from leaving Trieste and returning to another Italian City while Oosterdam began her previous voyage in Greece and ends the new one in Spain.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. 

Oh my, so sorry to hear this 😢 Prayers for Allen and for you to get through this, Joy.  🙏🏻 

10 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Has anyone been to a Cellar Master's dinner lately? My late DH & I enjoyed them before covid changed the world. I got an email from HAL the other day offering a "Cellar Master package" that included wine tastings, special bottles of wine, and 1-2 special dinners. Is it possible to sign up for just the CM dinner when we get on board? That's the way it USED to work. Thanks!

I heard they were coming back.  You can’t book the Cellar Master dinner until you are onboard.

From experience, I can tell you that the Cellar Master package DOES NOT include the Cellar Master dinner.  It is just the Navigator package, wine tastings and Pinnacle, Canaletto/whatever.  It is not worth it if you are 3 or 4* and considering the missed invites we experienced some time ago, not worth it.  JME experience though.

@bennybearwhat great pictures!

@Sharon in AZ a very happy birthday to your DM

A4E384EA-1794-4CF4-A048-B3D083E59423.jpeg.cb4ac206f6250b8565201b00ad0b217e.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

Our prayers are on their way Joy for Allen.

Sending you both our love.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

We were lucky to see the aurora last night and the phenomenon called Steve.   Discovered and named by a friends son and NASA.   It was like a giant spotlight. Plus one of the best shooting stars.   Thankfully the smoke had cleared. Jasper national park has a large tire.  

Absolutely fabulous photos.

G.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,  and thanks to Rich and Roy and all the other Dailyites who post.  So sorry about Allen, I'll say a payer for a speedy recovery for him.    

Great aurora photos!  I hope we get a chance to see it on our cruise.  Last time they said there was a possibility as we left Anchorage, but was a cloudy night.  Bon voyage to Pauline and Graham.  😃  We have the suitcases upstairs now, but haven't started packing.  I do plan to pack my manners!  Love frittatas, I make them often, as I am useless with pastry, but I just do it on the stove, put a lid on the frying pan.  Sometimes the bottom gets a bit darker than planned, but always tasty!

We had a Cellar Master Dinner on Nieuw Statendam recently, but it was in Canaletto, organized by the Canaletto chef and the CM.  It was excellent, not as many courses at it used to be, but still well worthwhile to book. We booked as soon as we heard about it on board and hope it will appear again on this next cruise. 

• Like 13

Good afternoon from the Eurodam, 

First of all thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts regarding the passing of my dear friend Wayne and for us lovely wife. I have passed this on to her. 

We got off the Crown Princess yesterday and onto the Eurodam. We departed the Crown about 9:15, got our luggage and the porter was very glad to help me retag my bags and take them to the Eurodam side. We stopped at the Scootaround booth and we were able to keep the walker and scooter for another week. I'd reserved them and we could swap to new equipment if we wanted, but DH was having a slow morning and I don't think he'd have been able to get out of the one scooter and on to a new one. I got the walker checked and we were in line outside the Holland side of the pier at 9:40. By 10:20 AM we were checked in and enjoing some cookies and lemonade. Boarding was just before 11:30. Our boarding time was 12:40 - by that time we'd had lunch and even had some bread pudding for my mom (it's her favorite and doesn't cruise at 96 so we have some each cruise for her). 

We're in cabin 5140 which is handicapped accessible (pictures to halfacts upon return home) and it's fine.  Not as spacious as the mini suite, but fine. 

Off to a complimentary wine tasting and then to the first performance by the Lincoln Center Stage group. We'll enjoy two more at 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM.

Karen

• Like 19

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

My sweet, sweet sister Joy❤️
Words can not express how my heart feels at this moment.

Thank our GOD having our dear Allen where he was that the team of wonderful doctors were there. May he place his hands upon Allen and lead those Doctors  in helping him!! I am so glad you were where you needed to be and with TIA they were on top of this!!

Our love, prayers, go out to both of you! Your always there for all of us over the years and you have a wonderful supportive family here on CC❤️
I will be one vigilant in prayer for our Allen

🌺 Denise

Dear sweet sister Denise,

I am so thankful for loving and caring friends.  I miss you here on the Daily. Allen seems fine today, we're just tired. I held his hand all night and prayed for help from our Heavenly Father. The hospital team was awesome. As a teaching university hospital there were many doctors coming through with residents. We had 3 stroke neurological doctors with 4 residents and they all came as a team and spoke to us. There are other issues that need to be addressed on Tuesday but the very critical one was resolved during our stay. 

Love to all my Daily friends. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I really appreciated the mention yesterday of the $3. movie tickets and the recommendation of "I know where the crawdad sings" movie.  We went to our local theater in the afternoon and both I and my DW really enjoyed the movie.  Didn't buy the $9. popcorn.  We are having enjoyable cooler weather now - temps in the mid 70s.  Reminds me of the lines from a song:  "Summer's almost gone, Winter's coming on..."

I have a question for recent 5* cruisers.  A recent topic was talking about 1 or 2 free Pinnacle Grill dinners included with the HIA package.  There was no mention of similar free dinners for five star Mariners.  Are they still included?

Ray

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I really appreciated the mention yesterday of the $3. movie tickets and the recommendation of "I know where the crawdad sings" movie.  We went to our local theater in the afternoon and both I and my DW really enjoyed the movie.  Didn't buy the $9. popcorn.  We are having enjoyable cooler weather now - temps in the mid 70s.  Reminds me of the lines from a song:  "Summer's almost gone, Winter's coming on..."

I have a question for recent 5* cruisers.  A recent topic was talking about 1 or 2 free Pinnacle Grill dinners included with the HIA package.  There was no mention of similar free dinners for five star Mariners.  Are they still included?

Ray

Two free dinners still included for 5 stars.  We used them in Tamarind instead of Pinnacle Grill, though, in July.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

Joy, I'm so sorry Allen had a TIA, but he was in the right place at the right time.  I'm  sending positive thoughts that this was a one off, and that it and the other issues are taken care of quickly.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

It was good, wasn’t it. I bought the book today and will bring it next month on our cruise. 
If the popcorn here had been $9 I wouldn’t have gotten any either. It was only $3 here!

• Like 8

Good afternoon from a now cloudy and windy central Texas.  We had the top down on the convertible for a while, but the sun was just too intense.

We were gone longer than we planned, but we enjoyed our day out.  We explored some of the back roads south of Dallas, and we found gas for $3.05, 👍👏 in Italy.  Yes, there is a town named Italy in Texas.  At least, I got the laundry to the point I only needed to dry 1 1/2 loads and fold the clothes when we got home.  The sheets can wait to be washed in the morning. 😉

Just saw on the weather that another thunderstorm is moving in from the north.

At least, dinner tonight is easy.  We'll have catfish fillets (not fried) and sweet potato fries cooked in the air fryer, and corn-on-the-cob steamed in the microwave.  

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I spent the morning working in the yard.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.  We will roast a chicken and have some fresh corn that was on sale yesterday.  The afternoon may require a quick nap, Mona had me up early.  I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

image.png.d40fbb81e76c050ab728936a046435bc.png

Thank you for the reminder that today is national wildlife day.  We definitely need to do more to save wildlife.

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Currently sitting on the train to Whittier to board the Niew Amsterdam. Possibly 30% wearing the mandated masks in our car.  

Tried to post this last evening while we were sitting by the outside fire finishing our bottle of wine from dinner 😎, but it did not. 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I did not take these pictures of the Aurora. But wine is the universal ambassador, and a couple who ventured out at midnight to see if they could see them - did! All of us had asked for the wake up call - if they were sighted, but none of us received it. Perhaps because they were not very bright. 

DCF83BE8-AD49-4C4F-866B-649EC8E5E5F4.jpeg.dc569c6e7ddd00044eac49384172a172.jpeg

B1D5C61C-7AF9-4995-81B4-4EDB6CBD0681.jpeg.2f30aee899b914ab812e28eacbec501a.jpeg

Stay well everyone!

Ann, I'm sorry you didn't get to see the Northern Lights.  They are something every one should see once.  Thanks for the pictures.

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Brenda, thank you for, those wonderful pictures.  We got to see the northern lights in 1996 while camped at Santaland in North Pole. Alaska. My non-digitial pictures did not do them justice, but DH got some great videos.  We did not see Steve or a shooting star that night.

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon from the Eurodam, 

First of all thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts regarding the passing of my dear friend Wayne and for us lovely wife. I have passed this on to her. 

We got off the Crown Princess yesterday and onto the Eurodam. We departed the Crown about 9:15, got our luggage and the porter was very glad to help me retag my bags and take them to the Eurodam side. We stopped at the Scootaround booth and we were able to keep the walker and scooter for another week. I'd reserved them and we could swap to new equipment if we wanted, but DH was having a slow morning and I don't think he'd have been able to get out of the one scooter and on to a new one. I got the walker checked and we were in line outside the Holland side of the pier at 9:40. By 10:20 AM we were checked in and enjoing some cookies and lemonade. Boarding was just before 11:30. Our boarding time was 12:40 - by that time we'd had lunch and even had some bread pudding for my mom (it's her favorite and doesn't cruise at 96 so we have some each cruise for her). 

We're in cabin 5140 which is handicapped accessible (pictures to halfacts upon return home) and it's fine.  Not as spacious as the mini suite, but fine. 

Off to a complimentary wine tasting and then to the first performance by the Lincoln Center Stage group. We'll enjoy two more at 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM.

Karen

Karen, good to know the transfer between ships went smoothly.  Have a great ctuise.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for Allen. Glad he was in the right place at the time of Tia. Fingers crossed for tests on Tuesday @Seasick Sailor. My dh had a Tia while he was in the hospital for his triple bypass so he was dealt with quickly and efficiently 

Edited by superoma
Additional info
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1