Sue Denning

swjumbo

6 minutes ago, jwlane said:

She actually just posted on IG about her Abbey Road recording session.

2022-09-25 14.44.41.jpg

OMG!!! That's the CD my husband and I dubbed the Boozy Floozy on our February Constellation cruise because of her mannerism and constant pushing of alcoholic beverages.

Didn't know her name.

• Haha 5

We met Sue while cruising on Azamara some years ago and had the pleasure of sailing with her on a few Celebrity cruises. She is very friendly, approachable and can be found everywhere on the ship. Don't know if she still does this but she was always on the gangway to welcome you aboard the ship and to bid you farewell at the end of the cruise. She also performs in her own show. We really like her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Orator said:

I’m a Sue fan! She is passenger friendly and she is everywhere. Some CD’s are wonderful from the stage, but stay to themselves when off the stage. I really appreciate people who go beyond the job description.

I once asked her when she slept because I seemed to see her everywhere.  She replied, "Not much."

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I once asked her when she slept because I seemed to see her everywhere.  She replied, "Not much."

I did the same. Her reply ’Don’t you worry about it.’

The attached photo was taken on Silhouette in 2018, when we were denied entry into St Petersburg, due to high winds.

She was woken up early in the morning, as she had to design a Sea Day programme at the last minute. This was not just for one day, but 2, as we were denied entry on the second day as well.

The World Cup matches were shown in the Theatre, with a buffet served from the back, as passengers were missing meals.

1CFFD27A-33E7-421B-8B45-9526CA4F85A6.thumb.jpeg.76f1739534a84973f558f0c83806be18.jpeg

3728D7A9-5887-4E63-8B2C-CBB8CBC465BF.thumb.jpeg.7dccc383b87d6efb1cfa63da00f2673e.jpeg

• Like 2

I thought she finally went in for the shoulder operation that she needed from always patting herself on the back

She would stop just to tell you that she had to go because she is so busy.  Why even stop and interrupt us if you don’t want to talk?  

Not a fan.  There are many other better CDs and they don’t tell you how great they are.  They show you.   

Just my opinion and experience and I am sure others will disagree.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Homosassa said:

OMG!!! That's the CD my husband and I dubbed the Boozy Floozy on our February Constellation cruise because of her mannerism and constant pushing of alcoholic beverages.

Didn't know her name.

We were probably on that same Feb Constellation cruise to the ABC islands.  She told us she was moving to Eclipse to bring her back into service, and we sailed with her on Eclipse the following May from HNL to Vancouver.  She probably is due now for a vacation.

I could take her or leave her.  Cruise Directors don't make or break my cruise experience.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We were probably on that same Feb Constellation cruise to the ABC islands.  She told us she was moving to Eclipse to bring her back into service, and we sailed with her on Eclipse the following May from HNL to Vancouver.  She probably is due now for a vacation.

I could take her or leave her.  Cruise Directors don't make or break my cruise experience.

I'll be on Eclipse in November cruising New Zealand out of Sydney - I'll let you know how us Aussies liked her and how she performed.

6 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Not our favourite and her singing emptied the theatre very quickly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Not our favourite and her singing emptied the theatre very quickly.

Strange, on one of our Silhouette cruises a singer had to leave the ship due to a family emergency and she at short notice put on a great one woman show to a packed theatre. Best CD that Celebrity have, hard working, engaging, a true professional.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Strange, on one of our Silhouette cruises a singer had to leave the ship due to a family emergency and she at short notice put on a great one woman show to a packed theatre. Best CD that Celebrity have, hard working, engaging, a true professional.

Her son played in a band called Tenors of Rock who where regulars on Celebrity.

As we say in the UK..Sue is a good pub singer.

• Like 2

She was the CD on my cruise on the Summit last September.  I heard a lot from her on the speaker and saw her a time or two around the ship.  I thought she'd be a better fit on Carnival, who has more active CDs than most other mainstream cruise lines.  It's nice to know she has a fan club.  Maybe I'll see her again.  I wouldn't mind.

The CD is in charge of all the entertainment on the cruise. A senior and popular CD has some influence on who is assigned to the cruise. This includes bands, speakers and entertainers. The CD may have more influence on the cruise experience than many might think.

• Like 1

We had Sue as the CD on four cruises on the Summit last summer and fall. Perhaps it had to do with the fact there were fewer people on board, but we found her very warm and personable. She went out of her way to make sure plenty was going on in an effort to keep the ship from feeling too empty. She asked us to join her for lunch one day. 

• Like 6