Door bangers

Tangakid

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Another example of how fellow passengers spoil the whole cruise experience as per so many threads on this board. Having to wait to be served, queuing at the bar, people hogging sun beds, people not wearing masks, etc., and now door slammers.   I am guilty of all the aforementioned so really should be banned 🤣

Yes to the naughty room for you!  I think though you will very well enjoy it, but I’m happy to move over and make room for you, come on in , but PLEASE do not let the door slam behind you!! 

• Haha 3

I hope you are next to us as I am a head banger.  🥰😜.  Don’t know if that is then reason  I no longer have any hair on the top of my head.  🙄🤗🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

This is our first Celebrity cruise. Is this going to be a cruise with a bunch of cranky old people! We are both age 66 I can get my sleep at home, on a cruise it’s the last thing I care about. Hope your not on my cruise because my wife always slams the door.Sweet dreams!

13 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Constant door slammers are bad; anyone can have a doe get away once in a while, but every time?!

our worst experience was not door slamming and was not on Celebrity.  It was our one and only and LAST Carnival cruise.  We booked this only because we wanted to take daughters and families on a family cruise.  All of them (daughter, SIL’s and 3 grandchildren all live in Texas.  We had to take into consideration various summer school schedules (1 granddaughter was determined to take a math course that summer), return to school, etc. for 3 different systems.  The practical option was to cruise from Galveston since they all lived within a couple of hours of Galveston.  Unfortunately, only Carnival was sailing from there late summer.  It was the last week before every public school in Texas returned for the fall😳.  Almost 2,000 passéngers under 18.  The fun 5he got to do all night . . . Run through the halls knocking on doors.  At 2:00 a.m.😳😳😳. Even our then 15-yo granddaughter said “thank you, Grandpa. I want to take another cruise one day.  Are there ships without so many kids.”😂

Shame on anyone that allows kids to be running the halls after 11pm. Just because you are on a ship does not mean you are safe from child predators. Plus its pretty darn rude, watch your crotch goblins!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had an issue regarding kids knocking on our doors late at night.  Some also went screaming down the hallways.  We did report this as it happened multiple times.  

So glad that my kids were perfect 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

This is our first Celebrity cruise. Is this going to be a cruise with a bunch of cranky old people! We are both age 66 I can get my sleep at home, on a cruise it’s the last thing I care about. Hope your not on my cruise because my wife always slams the door.Sweet dreams!

I'm sure you will have a great time on your Celebrity cruise.  Been on many, we're 10 years younger than you are and we pass a bunch of "cranky old people" having a blast in the wee hours while we are heading to bed, wondering how they do it.  As for me, slamming a door has not been part of the fun, but to each their own.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tangakid said:

Please be considerate neighbors and do not let your cabin doors bang. I know they are heavy but it only takes a moment to hold the door and close it quietly. It ‘s startling to have the whole wall and bed shaking upon entering and exiting. 😲 Some of us need our sleep! 

More importantly, we are not your current neighbor. Why not write a diplomatic note to attach to the front door? 

“Hello neighbor! May I ask for a favor? I noticed all our cabin doors slam hard if not held back to close quietly. Mine sure does! . (Most ships have better soft close features.)This would really help our morning “zzzzz”! Trying to get my roommate to do the same so we don’t rattle you!”

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 3:50 PM, LGW59 said:

We're all at home, not on the SUMMIT with you, perhaps you can admonish the people that ARE on the cruise.  Jeez though, the cruise admonishment list grows longer every day.

I am pretty sure that the intent of the OP was to get the door-banging out there as a discussion point so that if perhaps there are door-bangers reading this thread, they might be persuaded to see the error of  their ways, making life on board a little less startling for all of us in the future!  😇

• Like 1

Not sure what the cause is….perhaps COVID cabin fever….but there seems to be so much bellyaching these days .  We just returned from an Iceland to Boston cruise when the weather was less than perfect, a port skipped, slow mdr service, low staffing throughout… but I just can’t find it in me to complain! Sorry if my door slammed one time when the balcony door was open ( geez! That causes quite a wind tunnel! 🤣)

I had no cooking, cleaning or laundry to do. I found booze to satisfy me and entertainment better than on tv. My stateroom was made spotless.  I was on vacation with my husband when we could relax with no obligations for a while.

Until the world becomes a more happy place, I’ll be thankful for any cruise and hope the service industry can find, and reward, more hardworking folks who have to deal with us privileged cruisers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, roupa said:

Not sure what the cause is….perhaps COVID cabin fever….but there seems to be so much bellyaching these days .  We just returned from an Iceland to Boston cruise when the weather was less than perfect, a port skipped, slow mdr service, low staffing throughout… but I just can’t find it in me to complain! Sorry if my door slammed one time when the balcony door was open ( geez! That causes quite a wind tunnel! 🤣)

I had no cooking, cleaning or laundry to do. I found booze to satisfy me and entertainment better than on tv. My stateroom was made spotless.  I was on vacation with my husband when we could relax with no obligations for a while.

Until the world becomes a more happy place, I’ll be thankful for any cruise and hope the service industry can find, and reward, more hardworking folks who have to deal with us privileged cruisers.

Yes, I know we all agree with you, definitely!  But the OP was talking about people who continuously let their door slam, at all hours, with no thought whatsoever to their fellow passengers - people who are unable to put themselves into someone else's position, unable to think about anyone other than themselves, unable to consider, hmmmm, gee, it's 1am, what are the odds that there are people sleeping in the cabins around me, gosh, I think I will hold the door so that it doesn't slam and wake them up - there are lots of folks out there who are me me me.  We all on this forum agree with you - cruising is a privilege, we are lucky to be able to have these "first world problems" so to speak.  But what the OP is talking about is common courtesy, that's all.

• Like 4

Correct,I understand the initial door slamming complaint.   But so many other complaints are surfacing, that it’s getting hard to find a majority of compliments.

Frequently I have to remind myself ”take a deep breath”. 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

It might be sucking it in and pushing it out your ears and nose😁

For some reason hair gets senile when it gets older.   It doesn’t know where it is supposed to be.  🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

After one  cruise where 3 inside cabins across the hall from us were occupied by 12 cruisers who felt it necessary to SLAM doors ALL the time, HOLLAR back & forth in the hallway, discuss removal of gratuities, hair & makeup application etc., leave mounds of dirty dishes along the hallways, the only safe place was on deck. 

Yes it sounds petty to complain, but the truth of the matter is a cruise for many of us  is a vacation we we work hard & save for, it can often be a rare event. Others actions can certainly impact us for the good or the negative. Consideration & politeness go a long way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, roupa said:

Roupa, thank you for covering all my thoughts but in a nice way!  "Privileged cruisers" have usually worked long hours, (and these days, likely tolerated a lot of complaining), so being able to afford to cruise without major sacrifices and enjoying reasonably good health is a real blessing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eltigre said:

After one  cruise where 3 inside cabins across the hall from us were occupied by 12 cruisers who felt it necessary to SLAM doors ALL the time, HOLLAR back & forth in the hallway, discuss removal of gratuities, hair & makeup application etc., leave mounds of dirty dishes along the hallways, the only safe place was on deck. 

Yikes. Nightmare.  What cruise was this and when? Please tell me this was carnival for a 4 night Caribbean cruise on spring break. 

11 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Yikes. Nightmare.  What cruise was this and when? Please tell me this was carnival for a 4 night Caribbean cruise on spring break. 

No actually a 7 night not spring break & yes Carnival. Changed our cabin location from then on! 🙂 try to stay away from insides across from us....AND we still enjoy a Carnival cruise on occasion.

3 minutes ago, eltigre said:

No actually a 7 night not spring break & yes Carnival. Changed our cabin location from then on! 🙂 try to stay away from insides across from us....AND we still enjoy a Carnival cruise on occasion.

3 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Thanks L for your "yikes" comment.  I have only experienced this kind of behavior on Carnival (in 1991, when I vowed never to spend money on another cruise) and never experienced on X, when we started cruising in 2007 (approaching cruise 22).

8 hours ago, roupa said:

Correct,I understand the initial door slamming complaint.   But so many other complaints are surfacing, that it’s getting hard to find a majority of compliments.

Frequently I have to remind myself ”take a deep breath”. 🤣

Are you complaining about the number of complaints? 😀

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, Tyler414 said:

I learned a long time ago, mostly from roommates, that some folks are door slammers, that is just how they close doors, and there are a lot.  

I agree. My husband seems incapable of closing a door quietly whether at sea or at home, drives me mad. 🙄😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammyboots said:

I agree. My husband seems incapable of closing a door quietly whether at sea or at home, drives me mad. 🙄😆

But as long as he does not wear shorts at dinner, hog the table playing solitaire, reserve the best recliner in front of the TV,  or make you queue up for a drink…he sounds like a keeper! 😎

• Haha 3