Gift Card Offer from HAL

richwmn

14 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

It worked with Chrome, when I did not let Windows fill in ANYTHING. Not credit-card info, mailing address, or e-mail addy! I bought $1000 (send digital to my husband) with a $100 bonus card sent to me. Then I immediately typed in a second $500 card... and our bank denied it! (Issue 440)

Going to wait a little but not so late that I can't call the bank!

i got issue 440, too.  I'm on the line with an agent now.

She says it was refused by my credit card.  What a nuisance.  I'll try again with Pat's card.

Edited by Vict0riann

27 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

It worked with Chrome, when I did not let Windows fill in ANYTHING. Not credit-card info, mailing address, or e-mail addy! I bought $1000 (send digital to my husband) with a $100 bonus card sent to me. Then I immediately typed in a second $500 card... and our bank denied it! (Issue 440)

Going to wait a little but not so late that I can't call the bank!

Not allowing auto fill seems to be the newest in fraud protection

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I put my 1st request in for $2000 and my CC company called me! I told them yes, it's me and I will make 5 total transactions. No problem. Whew. 

Maybe the CC companies think that with all this activity going on that the foreign call centers latest scam is trying to convince people to buy cruises for them rather than Walmart or Amazon gift cards.☺️

• Like 1

I called the number on the back of the credit card, where the operator looked back over the card history and discovered there were five declined attempts to use our card number in August -- which their algorithm caught, but they never notified us of at the time! BUT she said she HAD to cancel the card and send us new ones!!!

She made an "exception" for the second gift card and waited on the line while I had to start again on HAL/buyatab and type everything in with one hand. (I realize I could have put the phone on speaker and set it down but wasn't thinking that rationally!) She also expedited the new card shipment, but overnight to Moab UT is often two days because we're in the middle of nowhere.

They are protecting us, but mostly protecting themselves! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

It doesn't look like the company that processes the gift cards has fixed the bugs in their system.

I think 'features' not bugs. @Mary229is right, they don't accept automatic pasting of info, probably because it's the newest scam. When I typed ALL of my info, the sales went straight through. Also their chat-help was fast and accurate to identify the errors I received. 

I don't know if this is the case, because I haven't tried to purchase any gift cards yet. Many times that I have prefilled information, I have had to backspace and retype the last character in each data field for it to be accepted. It might be worth a try.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funntheson said:

I don't know if this is the case, because I haven't tried to purchase any gift cards yet. Many times that I have prefilled information, I have had to backspace and retype the last character in each data field for it to be accepted. It might be worth a try.

I look forward to trying this! The manual typing was quite a chore (I needed to fortify with a glass of wine!!!) as I have become accustomed to the auto-fill.

• Like 1

Bought the first 10k today without issues. Used Chrome, filled in all fields by hand as 'cristalspin' advised and it was great. Happy to see the $200 bonus this time instead of the $25 ones. It's some work to keep up with all the numbers if you need a lot, but the savings are worth it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruisintwinsmom said:

Can you use more than one gift card to pay for booking online?

How fast did you receive the digital gc? I need it by tomorrow!!

Yes I applied two cards. You have to go through the steps above (TYPE EVERYTHING, do not allow auto-complete to fill in your data). They come very fast. If your CC company or bank holds up one or more cards then you're stuck calling them.

ETA: I used the two cards to pay off my cruise (with a few cents over that I will not bother redeeming). I did that in order to get two bonus 10% cards in the lower values, which I will apply to my account on board, one per leg of a B2B. If you wanted to do the math, you could figure out what value to purchase (any whole number up to $2000!) so that 110% would pay your balance.

Edited by crystalspin

21 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes I applied two cards. You have to go through the steps above (TYPE EVERYTHING, do not allow auto-complete to fill in your data). They come very fast. If your CC company or bank holds up one or more cards then you're stuck calling them.

ETA: I used the two cards to pay off my cruise (with a few cents over that I will not bother redeeming). I did that in order to get two bonus 10% cards in the lower values, which I will apply to my account on board, one per leg of a B2B. If you wanted to do the math, you could figure out what value to purchase (any whole number up to $2000!) so that 110% would pay your balance.

Thank you for the info! That is exactly what I am planning on - the 110% to pay off the balance. Appreciate your input!

2 minutes ago, cruisintwinsmom said:

Thank you for the info! That is exactly what I am planning on - the 110% to pay off the balance.

They will come to you as separate emails with linked cards. To redeem them, you have to take the spaces out in the 16-digit codes! But you can cut and paste...

The rules for gift card payments are that any purchase from the website can be made by gift cards perhaps there is an exception for Flight Ease?  You can pay with a combination of gift cards.  You cannot combine a gift card and credit card in a single transaction so plan accordingly.

you can also buy ship board credit or simply take your gift card with you to settle your ship board account.  

and yes, my T A has used my gift cards to pay me fares

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

The rules for gift card payments are that any purchase from the website can be made by gift cards perhaps there is an exception for Flight Ease?  You can pay with a combination of gift cards.  You cannot combine a gift card and credit card in a single transaction so plan accordingly.

you can also buy ship board credit or simply take your gift card with you to settle your ship board account.  

and yes, my T A has used my gift cards to pay me fares

If you can’t combine credit card with a gift card what happens to the amount leftover from your gift cards since they are in fixed amounts?

24 minutes ago, Anne614 said:

If you can’t combine credit card with a gift card what happens to the amount leftover from your gift cards since they are in fixed amounts?

The HAL promo cards are in any whole-number dollar amount. Round up to the next dollar and throw the cents away. (The cents left over actually stay on the card, but it's not worth your time at the Front Desk to cash them out.)

ETA: Also, Mary said "in a single transaction" so you can pay your gift cards in ONE transaction and then pay the remainder in a SECOND transaction. That's my understanding having applied my two gift card payments in separate transactions.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1