Gift Card Offer from HAL

richwmn

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I now set an appointment usually for opening time. 

How do you make an appointment?  On some ships I have seen the consultant setout a signup sheet for the next day but on our last several cruises that was not available.

9 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

How do you make an appointment?  On some ships I have seen the consultant setout a signup sheet for the next day but on our last several cruises that was not available.

My experience has been different.  There is usually a sign up sheet somewhere in the vicinity of their office.  🤷‍♀️

@aprilsp88 YOU will see buyatab.com and some card images on the e-receipt. The "big" card(s) will email to your sendee, and the 10% cards will come to you. I assume you could also be the sendee, although I used my husband's addy.

Your credit card/bank will see ONLY "E-Gift-Card". That is what my bank officer said she saw... when she GRILLED me as to what I was paying for and was I sure it was legit. Because "buy me a gift card gramma" sounds like a major fraud scheme!!!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Would anyone please let me know, what is the merchant name? Buyatab or hollandamerica? Who will charge me?

Also, does the bonus card come together with the gift card?

Thanks.

The HAL E-cards come in 2 different emails - one is the card you purchase and the other email is the promo card

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wesport said:

If you have one with a balance on it, can you just bring it on your next cruise and us is as OBC or to pay down balance. I noticed you can’t combine gift card with cc when buying excursions. 

The gift card has no expiration, the bonus gift card does.  You can use them for OBC, pay down or for paying onboard account. 

• Thanks 2

FYI

Tomorrow is the last day.....unless it is extended....better get moving if you want to take advantage of the 10% bonus.

From the HAL website:

Offer is applicable to orders placed between October 4, 2022, and October 11, 2022

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:14 AM, crystalspin said:

@aprilsp88 YOU will see buyatab.com and some card images on the e-receipt. The "big" card(s) will email to your sendee, and the 10% cards will come to you. I assume you could also be the sendee, although I used my husband's addy.

I bought the cards for myself, so both emails came to me (confirming that you can also be the sendee).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

FYI

Tomorrow is the last day.....unless it is extended....better get moving if you want to take advantage of the 10% bonus.

From the HAL website:

Offer is applicable to orders placed between October 4, 2022, and October 11, 2022

I went for it again, a total of $6,500 + $650 bonus!

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 2:14 AM, crystalspin said:

Your credit card/bank will see ONLY "E-Gift-Card". That is what my bank officer said she saw... when she GRILLED me as to what I was paying for and was I sure it was legit. Because "buy me a gift card gramma" sounds like a major fraud scheme!!!

My bank (Barclays, which I was using to earn points on AA for a flight to Spain for a TATL next year) blocked the charge until I authorized it on their web site. Also, I don't know what country it was billed from; Barclays is historically very suspicious of charges from foreign countries, which is ironic for a card that has no foreign-transaction fees.

I purchased twice: once for an amount, that with the bonus, will pay the balance on the TATL, and later to cover onboard spending.

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

My bank (Barclays, which I was using to earn points on AA for a flight to Spain for a TATL next year) blocked the charge until I authorized it on their web site. Also, I don't know what country it was billed from; Barclays is historically very suspicious of charges from foreign countries, which is ironic for a card that has no foreign-transaction fees.

I purchased twice: once for an amount, that with the bonus, will pay the balance on the TATL, and later to cover onboard spending.

I believe Barclay's is a London based bank?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 8:10 AM, Mary229 said:

The gift card has no expiration, the bonus gift card does.  You can use them for OBC, pay down or for paying onboard account. 

Hello Mary229, I remember in another thread related to gift card purchases, were you talking about the travel insurance offered by the Chase Sapphire cards.  I also remember reading that Hlitner successfully submitted a claim to Chase.  I imagine the more you cruise the more valuable this perk is per year, especially if there's no need for more coverage.  Giftcards deals could always be purchased for shore excursions and onboard spending, outside the fare.

I just got the Chase Ink Premier yesterday, and was surprised to see travel insurance for cruises.  This might make sense, especially since I get 2.5% cash back on $5K+ purchases.