Can We Get a Table of Our Own?

Diane67B

Hi there! This is my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I booked over a year ago on Oasis of the Seas for September 2023. I just noticed that my, My Time Dining was booked for the 6:45 to 9:00 pm slot. That is very late for my sister and I so I called and changed it to the traditional dining 5:30 time. My sister and I would prefer to dine alone. The representative said he would request a table for two. What do you think my chances that we will get one? I appreciate any responses. Thank you!

When you are within 30 days or less of your sail date you can email rcldining@rccl.com

Provide your booking/reservation, names, ship name and sail date and request a table for 2.  Maybe ask for a window seat, if you like.

Then once onboard go to the main dining room to confirm table location.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Hi there! This is my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I booked over a year ago on Oasis of the Seas for September 2023. I just noticed that my, My Time Dining was booked for the 6:45 to 9:00 pm slot. That is very late for my sister and I so I called and changed it to the traditional dining 5:30 time. My sister and I would prefer to dine alone. The representative said he would request a table for two. What do you think my chances that we will get one? I appreciate any responses. Thank you!

You will have no issue getting a table for two.  We request a table for two every cruise and have never been given anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Diane67B said:

On celebrity that meant seperating a table for 4 ,6” apart.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When you are within 30 days or less of your sail date you can email rcldining@rccl.com

Provide your booking/reservation, names, ship name and sail date and request a table for 2.  Maybe ask for a window seat, if you like.

Did this Wednesday, got an email back yesterday that the request was forwarded to the ship and to email again at 14 days out for the table assignment.  Sounds good, we’ll see if it works!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Why do people always want to sit by themselves?

Because of boors, slow eaters who slow down service for the entire table, people who think shorts, T-shirt and a ball cap are smart casual, religious zealots, political zealots, drunks, and feral children.

Need more?

• Like 16
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

I love to socialize with people.  However, when I am relaxing and enjoying my dinner after a long day, I would prefer to be with someone I can totally be myself with.  

• Like 1

the magnet on our frig says "happiness is being married to your best friend".....table for two is perfect..I have also noticed that a picture of andrew jackson gently placed into the palm of the hand of the person that handles the seating in the dining room helps with location and service alot...just sayin'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Because of boors, slow eaters who slow down service for the entire table, people who think shorts, T-shirt and a ball cap are smart casual, religious zealots, political zealots, drunks, and feral children.

Need more?

all this! The Massholes ruined it for me. Wearing sweatpants with their diamond pins on formal night while blowing their noses into the napkins put me over the edge. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

My husband is French and his English is very limited. There isn't a way of being paired-up with other French-speakers. Being at a large table when you're the only one who doesn't speak the language isn't much fun

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Correct, I've been doing that for the last few years and have always had my request granted. Removes the stress of doing it on boarding day.
If you don't want to be stuck next to another table, I've found that the tables by the railings to be private.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did this about 2 months prior to cruise, they told me to email when I'm 14 days out, which happens to be today! 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

One time, my mother and I sat with a woman and her daughter.  The woman told us her whole life story--husband had died doing some flying thing.  The dinner dragged on and on.  Anyway, my mother said she wasn't being paid to be this woman's therapist so we switched tables.   (We sat with them just once.)

With MTD, we've had a table to ourselves.  However, that doesn't preclude us from talking to our table neighbors.  We have met some nice people and had good conversation.

Edited by moposh
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, darthvadrouw said:

Correct, I've been doing that for the last few years and have always had my request granted. Removes the stress of doing it on boarding day.
If you don't want to be stuck next to another table, I've found that the tables by the railings to be private.

This is helpful. Thanks!

On 9/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Need more?

Period!

Your table number will be on your seapass card.  Check it out in the MDR after you board.

It's happened to us, someone requested a table change, and we got to the MDR that night only to find our great table moved to a horrible location.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Your table number will be on your seapass card.  Check it out in the MDR after you board.

It's happened to us, someone requested a table change, and we got to the MDR that night only to find our great table moved to a horrible location.

Good tip! Thanks!

On 9/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Need more?

Those passengers are put on the ship for your entertainment!

We always request a large table.  if it's less than ideal, we move on.