The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 13th, 2022

richwmn

The late afternoon report has some good news. DH walkedi to the livingroom and has been sitting in his chair for 2+ hours.  I hope it's helped his morale as much as it has mine.  To make things easy, we had a light "tv" supper and a cookie we brought home from the hospital.  He's now back in bed for the night.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon from, Beautiful Barbados when we have finally had a picture perfect day.  

I spent most of the day at the beach and some part of it at the plunge pool.

Just gorgeous!

Thank you Rich for your dedication to the Daily and Fleet Report.  

The collection of days is interesting.

i am not a skeptic.  Happy Birthday to the Navy (Suit up Day) and I guess I have done my share of silly sayings.

Skip the meal and drink and wine.  We are having a barbecue tonight at the Coral Reef Club.

Like the quote.

Thank you Roy for the lists and my prayers for those on the cares list and a shout out to those celebrating and cruising.

@msmayorWelcome back.

@JazzyVHappy Birthday.

@HeartgroveI am sorry you will not be able to attend your brother’s funeral.  Prayers for you and your family. May he Rest In Peace.

@Quartzsite Cruiseri hope all is going well with you DH and his recovery from surgery.

Not much to report today except i finally look like I was at the beach.  not burned to a crisp but have a bit of a tan.

All is well.  We hope the rest of our days in Barbados are as good as today.

God Bless everyone.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you had a great day and could spend time at the beach.  I hope that continues for the remainder of your stay.  I think DH's recovery will be slow compared to our neighbor, who was not in as bad a shape to begin with.  The one to two year delay due to covid did not make things easier.

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from the Noordam a few hours out of Honolulu

A big salute to the Navy. My heart breaks for the families of the fallen police officers. We are hearing too much of this. 
    We all had covid tests yesterday . All negative. The Captain announced last nite that we could remove our masks and I believe the crew is tonite. 
  We still are wearing ours, waited too long for this trip so we will continue to be careful. 
    There is a group on this trip from the ill fated Maasdam cruise . They are calling it the Covid trip. Crazy stories. 
   Hope everyone is doing ok.

stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

On our  cruises since restart, we have erred on the side of caution when it came to wearing our masks, although not we weren't fanatic about it.  We knew there was covid on the ship, but we stayed safe.  

1 hour ago, msmayor said:

Thank you Sandi - I am blessed to have folks who thought of me all this time - thank you to everyone for the care and concern.  I'll have to find just the right photo of my dear Lana - her parents are very cautious with any internet posting and so far have probably only put 2-3 photos up on their instagram account, none with her face.  They are concerned about too much being 'out there' before she is able to make those decisions on her own.  I'll see what I can come up with...

Thank you Graham - so kind of you.

Thank you so much - it's great to be back to this friendly place!

Thank you Jacqui - loved the photos of your hydrangeas.  I finally planted one in my yard this year and can't wait for it to grow larger.  I am hoping next year to plant more.

Thank you so much!

Condolences, Jack - I'm sure you will be there in your thoughts and everyone will understand why you are not able to be there in person.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much.  It's been a bit of a challenge to help my daughter find her way back to a better place after her challenges with post-partum anxiety.  We established a daily check-in, usually around 6:30-7pm, every single night.  It has now developed into our regular 'story time' - around 7, we log in to Skype together as she is putting PJ's on Lana.  She chooses three stories and reads them aloud to her, usually resulting in her falling asleep before the last story is done.  Afterwards we spend about 20 minutes and just chat about our day - gives her a chance to 'download' any stressors now that she's back to work.  For me, it's a chance to make sure she is OK but also 'visit' with my granddaughter every single day.  It's become a pretty sacred time for us, missed only if we have specific plans for the evening and will not be around.  Tonight's is delayed since they are at a friends' house carving pumpkins, so I'm taking this time to catch up here.  

Thank you Terri - hope you have a wonderful time in Barbados!

Ray, you can most certainly have wines delivered, as long as your state permits.  I belong to three different wine clubs - one in California (Kalyra Winery - my fall shipment arrived yesterday), one in Arizona (Oak Creek Winery, not too far out from Sedona - they deliver to me three times a year) and one right here in NJ (Old York, two shipments a year in spring and fall).  It's a wonderful way for me to try wines I simply cannot find here in my home state.

While all of us would love to see a picture of Lana, we don't want you to do anything her parents wouldn't like.  Your evening chats and storytime sound like a lovely ritual.

53 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just received a breaking news report. Another active shooting situation, this time in Raleigh NC . Al least 5 dead including 1 police officer. 💔🙏

When will this end 😢

I also wonder when will all the shootings end.  The world seems to ne going mad.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Am rather late reading all the posts today.   Had  messages to do in town, ....can be a challenge to find a parking space, as more cycle lanes  are created.  Enjoyed lunch before returning home,with a box of yummy  chocolate cake for afternoon tea.

@msmayor welcome back to the daily, I quite understand about not posting the baby photos.

@aliaschief thank you for posting the photo of the Maasdam, wish HAL had not sold her.

@Sharon in AZ thank you for posting the group photo.

@StLouisCruisers, @ottahand7, @Overhead Fred, and @Quartzsite Cruiser thank you all for your Malaga  photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thank you for the update of your DH's progress, good to read that he walked. Hope that you will both sleep very well tonight

@Cruzin Terri so pleased that you had a sunny day.

@marshhawk good that your Dental appointment was successful.

@HAL Sailer not sure if you saw my message yesterday thanking you for your excellent multiquoting.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The late afternoon report has some good news. DH walkedi to the livingroom and has been sitting in his chair for 2+ hours.  I hope it's helped his morale as much as it has mine.  To make things easy, we had a light "tv" supper and a cookie we brought home from the hospital.  He's now back in bed for the night.

Terri, I'm glad you had a great day and could spend time at the beach.  I hope that continues for the remainder of your stay.  I think DH's recovery will be slow compared to our neighbor, who was not in as bad a shape to begin with.  The one to two year delay due to covid did not make things easier.

On our  cruises since restart, we have erred on the side of caution when it came to wearing our masks, although not we weren't fanatic about it.  We knew there was covid on the ship, but we stayed safe.  

While all of us would love to see a picture of Lana, we don't want you to do anything her parents wouldn't like.  Your evening chats and storytime sound like a lovely ritual.

I also wonder when will all the shootings end.  The world seems to ne going mad.

Lenda

That is heartening news Lenda that your husband was walking around.

Sending you our best wishes for a return to full health for him and opportunities for you both to cruise and take more of your wonderful pictures.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just received a breaking news report. Another active shooting situation, this time in Raleigh NC . Al least 5 dead including 1 police officer. 💔🙏

When will this end 😢

Oh no!  I guess this means 13 fallen officers this week since MONDAY.  Devastating news.

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

My mother would say-guillotine.  @1ANGELCAT.

When people actually get punished and I mean as mom would say-guillotine so that others wont be harmed, then maybe it will stop, but for some reason, it keeps getting worse.  Punishment must fit the crime.  Unless they are really crazy, and I dont mean because of drugs.  I mean crazy.  Drugs, that's just being stupid crazy.  Stop me now, I am much too radical.

I agree with you and your mother Annie.  That's not being radical.  At one point in time, the punishment for killing a police officer was so severe few dared.  Now?  

10 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Here it is from a screenshot I kept.

-Melisa

Screenshot_20220814-192023.thumb.png.66518d8d5734195731d777cba9debe1b.png

Thank you so much for finding this again.  It's very special.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I have never ordered wine to be delivered to my house.  Are there some wines that can only be bought that way or is there some other reason to do that?

Ray

Some (typically, smaller) wineries sell all or most of their production only Direct to Consumer (DTC).  So, I am on the mailing list of multiple wineries.  I will get an email notification notifying me of a new release,  A new release will generally be of multiple wines.  Depending on the winery, I will get one, two or three notifications per year.  I can pick and choose the wines that I want.  Generally, there is a limit (as little as one bottle) on the amount that I can buy.  However, there is no obligation.  

I have seen some DTC wines in retail stores, but it really rare.  My guess is that these were less popular bottlings.  The maker "dumps" them for cash or storage reasons.  So, if there is a wine that I really want, I order it when the email notification arrives because there is no guarantee that I will find it in a store that I happen to visit.

I also belong to one "winery club."  The difference here is that twice a year they send me four bottles of wine.  I have no choice, here.  I accept what they send.  This is another small winery that I like--they are good people and they make great wine--but it is very rare that I find their wines in a retail store.  I do get a 20% discount on the winery price on the wines that they ship and on any other wines that I buy from them.  (BTW, buying from the winery is generally more expensive than buying the exact same wine in a retail store.)i  Over the years I have belonged to a handful of winery clubs.  Each has their own policy regarding the number of shipments per year and the number of wines per shipment.  It is easy to drop out of them.

This is my hobby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1