Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah....after 3 trips to the ship infirmary...

One trip to ER in St. John, Canada,

Trip to ER and Emergency Surgery in Halifax...

We have been home for 5 days now.  We had our bill from the ship before disembarking in Halifax...

We received our ER bill from St. John today...

One more bill to come.....the big one from Halifax....(scary, scary, scary😢)

I am so sorry!! How is your husband doing now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Remember the lady we met in line for entrance into the terminal. She lost her husband not too long ago and this was her first ever cruise that she was supposed to go on with her husband.

We ran into her again. Her name is Elaine. She felt relieved that she saw us. She is still struggling as she does not know what to do. We gave her some suggestions and finds out she is on our excursion tomorrow in Cozumel. We told her to hang with us. Linda and I have adopted her and promised her a good time. I gave her our cabin numbers and our phone numbers. I told her if she had any questions, concerns or felt lonely to call us. We would be there for her. Felt good to help someone in need. It renews my faith in humanity.

Being on her own and not knowing what to do or where to go must be so hard for Elaine. I’m sure she very much appreciates having some connection there on the ship, even if you’re not with her all the time.  What kind and caring people you & Linda are. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Greg

Glad you are able to enjoy your cruise,

Great pictures/love the videos.

Have a great time and thanks for sharing.

Be safer

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We have been home for 5 days now.  We had our bill from the ship before disembarking in Halifax...

How very kind of you and Linda;  but we already knew that about the two of you.  Enjoy your excursion with your new friend, Greg!!

33 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Being on her own and not knowing what to do or where to go must be so hard for Elaine. I’m sure she very much appreciates having some connection there on the ship, even if you’re not with her all the time.  What kind and caring people you & Linda are. 

Thank you all for your kind words and support. One thing us fellow CC'ers like to do is spread the joy of cruising to others.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@A&L_Ont Andrew this video is FOR YOU!

Literally laughed out loud and showed it to Lisa.

Since it was not of the flowrider, this was my second guess. It’s great to see that you are still putting your actual Emmy Award skills (really Greg has earned them) to work. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank ye me mate fer that there eloquent post!!!!

One minute everything is great and one minute stuff stalls out. I think you are right in that they are still testing. I will say anything is an improvement.

Still very painful if I move my arm around. As long as I'm in the sling it's not too bad. Thanks for your concern.

Greg, I hope you can sleep comfortably.

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Remember the lady we met in line for entrance into the terminal. She lost her husband not too long ago and this was her first ever cruise that she was supposed to go on with her husband.

We ran into her again. Her name is Elaine. She felt relieved that she saw us. She is still struggling as she does not know what to do. We gave her some suggestions and finds out she is on our excursion tomorrow in Cozumel. We told her to hang with us. Linda and I have adopted her and promised her a good time. I gave her our cabin numbers and our phone numbers. I told her if she had any questions, concerns or felt lonely to call us. We would be there for her. Felt good to help someone in need. It renews my faith in humanity.

Greg, you and Linda are incredibly kind to put Elaine at ease so that she doesn't feel so lonely.  You both are very special.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, Sea Dog said:

Surprise

pat-stage-2.thumb.jpeg.f17d32f727015a50b0b039096f524136.jpeg

One thing that I did not know about this cruise and only found out a couple of months ago that this cruise is also home to the Texas Country Music Cruise with over 10 artists.

FZLaUV0XkAAsbVT.thumb.jpeg.03807d18be540c330b7025d3fd4e5a9e.jpeg

They are suppose to have most of the concerts in Studio B but I have no idea if the ship will be full of country fans or not. I am not a fan of country music but respect it and I’ve never heard of any of the artists. I hope as long as they are nice and don't get too crazy we will be good. Here is a video from their 2019 cruise.

All of the concert goers paid an admission fee to get into the concerts. I am told that none of their concerts will affect the rest of the entertainment on the ship.

I think Sam Riggs has been around about a dozen years and has a few hits.  I've heard Mickey and the Motorcars

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:39 AM, Sea Dog said:

Well I feel stupid and NO I was not drunk. So because of the long drive I did not take my blood pressure medicine because it has a diuretic in it and did not want to have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I also did not drink any water. So when I got up to go to the bathroom I got up too quickly felt dizzy and fell. I must have hit my head because I asked Linda where were we. So a trip to the ER for a Cat Scan, blood work, and shoulder x-ray. Needless to say everything looked good except to have a hairline fracture in my collarbone. So I guess slings are sexy looking on a cruise  ship. I feel stupid that it happened. Doc said make sure you take your meds.

517E46AC-4D69-4AEC-85F7-8BCC20A247E0.thumb.jpeg.028a5b8510c575d3342064f623f12bfa.jpeg

Not the best start to a cruise, but you survived Buc-cees so you're grand!

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 12:42 PM, Sea Dog said:

So far at the R-Bar a poor selection of Bourbons that will be available when we are 12 nautical miles out to sea.

EDD9BF9B-B8F0-43EB-84A4-DA0CA3EF7BAA.thumb.jpeg.510a2d2d8870b5b362c3280b377b9acb.jpeg

4B24EB10-5943-491A-9EB2-917C1831FF59.thumb.jpeg.f167ad77a957b903d6494e8b25f77974.jpeg

JT ‘s Brown bourbon not a fan.

Well at least they have Shiner.  Wouldn't be Texas without it.  And I think McCormicks is from around your neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, HBE4 said:

I agree but for a different reason. One of my favorite beers - a fine Texas brew called Shiner Bock - is only available the first day, up to the 12 mile limit out, although the folks in the English pub were a bit slow to take it off the shelf so I got to enjoy it well into evening, probably a little longer than I should have.

*****!!!  That's when you take a few bottles back to the cabin and if opened by barkeep use some stoppers to help them last. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How very kind of you and Linda;  but we already knew that about the two of you.  Enjoy your excursion with your new friend, Greg!!

WOW!

Glad you did make it home and your husband is doing ok. 😢

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rudeney said:

I suspect is self-serve.  We aren't Diamond, either, but two weeks ago on Voyager, everything in the Suite Lounge (except bar drinks) was self-serve.

Thanks. It wasn't self serve in the DL on our March B2B Explorer cruise. We thought it worked great but was wondering since the WJ went back to self serve after our cruise.

For entrees I ordered the beef tenderloin medium rare which was fantastic.

04CEF5F0-6046-4AB1-997B-41617C639E05.thumb.jpeg.7d589e724dc4e776eefc2154cbfd747f.jpeg

7AAF72AD-6EAD-4870-A67C-A354BDCDE996.thumb.jpeg.6e4d9ba3ecedcc531d4888fa82dc161f.jpeg

And the Seafood Alfredo Linguine. It tasted bland from the Alfredo sauce (needed more Parmesan and ground black pepper) but had lots a seafood pieces so it was acceptable. Better sauce than the shrimp Alfredo from Willie G’s.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 9