Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

1 hour ago, ramja96 said:

OK - this one got to me!  Now, here I am in my office at work, eyes welling up with tears, hoping no one comes walking in. 😭

It was extremely emotional for us too. By the way I spoke to Elaine last night on the phone. She told me that the cruise was one of the best things she ever did. She came back home happy and refreshed. She is ready to book another. It's great to see how cruising can transform somebody. That's why we cruise.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It was extremely emotional for us too. By the way I spoke to Elaine last night on the phone. She told me that the cruise was one of the best things she ever did. She came back home happy and refreshed. She is ready to book another. It's great to see how cruising can transform somebody. That's why we cruise.

I'm so glad you were able to reconnect with her and hear what a great time she had.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Do you think there could be a chance of her being interested in the Bella Cruise ??

• Like 1

Now that I'm back and I can take some time to view my photos taken with my new iPhone camera with it's 48mp I thought I would show you a photo and a few crops and blowups to show you the detail. I am very impressed. All these pictures were cropped and enlarged from the same original wide shot.

1987500351_ZoomandCropcopy.thumb.jpg.b4c9af9bc735b7c07eb9120a0e95ba2a.jpg

Wide

1612929245_Zoomcopy.thumb.jpg.62f05d875dea7f6119fd6f5f7392a867.jpg

Zoom and crop nearest bird.

575790848_FartherbirdZoomcopy.thumb.jpg.de9ea0cadba33969e4bbdb886435cae1.jpg

1462436931_MediumShotcopy.thumb.jpg.c1d95283669240fc2cdabc414576a07b.jpg

Another zoom and crop

853323412_ZoomLeavescopy.thumb.jpg.5cb33ec27475fe15e549d87d2f1a19cf.jpg

Look at the details in the leaves in the crop and resize. All the pics ranged in file size from 17mb to 24mb. The original files were in the 100's of mb. as DNG or Raw format. So is it a Nikon or Sony? No but for a pocket phone camera I am very happy with what I can do photography wise.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m glad she went in the first place and more importantly that she met you both on day one. 

• Like 5

On 10/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, Sea Dog said:

Main thing is if I start to fell lightheaded sit immediately on the floor.

Or lean back against the wall (if you're in the bathroom) and slide down it.  Don't worry about raking pictures off the wall or knocking the towel rail off, they can be fixed later.

--bruce T.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, Sea Dog said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It has become my favorite rum. Here is the nutritional data on Kraken.

Calories: 105 per 1 oz. 1 carb per 1 oz. 1.9g sugar per 100 ml on the rum which is not that bad.

Good news is that Kraken is good for those on Keto diet. It's low on carbs.

The Sunsational colada mix is a lot more

Calories from 2.7 oz 150

Calories from fate 3.5 g

Sodium 95mg

Carbs 28 g

Sugars 27 g

Thanks. starting to feel a little better.

Thank you. Mainly resting at home taking it easy. Mowing the grass is going to have to wait.

You could make a version for her using the Jordan's Skinny Mixes. That is what I do for Linda.

https://www.skinnymixes.com/products/skinny-pina-colada-mix

I finally tasted Kraken yesterday definitely a different tasting rum which I liked , had a little straight and then a kraken and coke, glad I bought the big bottle, I also bought some colada mix , will try a kraken colada soon . Thanks Greg and all the others that suggested it. Hopefully they have it on the Beyond in 4 weeks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Btank said:

Or lean back against the wall (if you're in the bathroom) and slide down it.  Don't worry about raking pictures off the wall or knocking the towel rail off, they can be fixed later.

--bruce T.

Good advice and hopefully something I will not have to do for awhile.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I finally tasted Kraken yesterday definitely a different tasting rum which I liked , had a little straight and then a kraken and coke, glad I bought the big bottle, I also bought some colada mix , will try a kraken colada soon . Thanks Greg and all the others that suggested it. Hopefully they have it on the Beyond in 4 weeks.

I'm glad you liked it. I'm sure they will have it on Beyond. We make a lot of the frozen drinks you get on the ship at home. Kraken is our staple. That and the island Oasis mixes or Sunsational Mixes that you can get from Amazon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks to you and John and LaLa, I’ve found the perfect Christmas present for a family member. I know he’ll love it!  😎  Thanks for the gift idea!

0BABEDEA-1E6D-4173-852C-5BBE95055C63.jpeg

That was my first T-shirt. Story behind it. My first cruise on adventure of the seas and we were eating breakfast. I saw a man with another Sea Dog tee and throu thought logo was the coolest thing I’d ever seen because of my love of dogs and pirates. The perfect combo.

C8E39F7A-F84E-4C7F-AB65-D420DEB2B5B4.thumb.jpeg.9b7b958a9f3ab3961a9233d65d0f289f.jpeg

So I asked to take a picture of his shirt and asked where he got it. I found the company and purchased  about every shirt they made. I wanted to change my screen name to Sea Dog but Cruise Critic said there was already a screen name by that name. I looked up the name and noticed that the only difference was that the other member had not capitalized the “s” and “d” and that they had not posted for over 8 years. I contacted CC and pleaded my case for the name change and it was granted. The person who runs the Sea Dog company knows me as one of his best single customers. I’m trying to work on a new logo and design for me so that I don’t fudge the copyright lines but needless to say I’m a walking promo for his company.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sea Dog tee

I've got a Sea Dog T-shirt I bought years ago in St. Thomas. My wife said I needed to buy it. On the front is the normal (small) Sea Dog logo. On the back is a pirate dog skeleton riding a Motor Cycle (HD). My nick name is Dog, I ride a motor cycle (HD of course) and my wife insists I'm skinny (not IMO) like the Dog skeleton riding the motor cycle.  Plus they are good quality T-shirts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've got a Sea Dog T-shirt I bought years ago in St. Thomas. My wife said I needed to buy it. On the front is the normal (small) Sea Dog logo. On the back is a pirate dog skeleton riding a Motor Cycle (HD). My nick name is Dog, I ride a motor cycle (HD of course) and my wife insists I'm skinny (not IMO) like the Dog skeleton riding the motor cycle.  Plus they are good quality T-shirts. 

When we were in Galveston. There was a shop downtown that stacks of Sea Dog shirts. Linda asked me if I was going to buy one. I said no I have all those designs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog you might also want to check out Laid-Back at https://laidbackusa.com

They cover a few spectrums, from beach, to gear heads,…  they focus on a life of being “Laid-Back since way back”.

A couple of their shirts you might like. I might have some of their gear.😉

F7CDC927-BF05-445D-BF0F-13CC2C967E05.thumb.jpeg.3f5d386e66d633d8160571fdd913dd5b.jpeg

94C43FEB-D66A-4330-845A-62559918C872.thumb.jpeg.340eee38c728eb8feb43511e6a65e850.jpeg

I really like those shirts. I bet you have some of the car ones. I also want one of these from Renee's thread a Tommy Bahama.

ST326052_023_main.thumb.jpeg.b6de7d83723fb9795a3cb8a394714555.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That was my first T-shirt. Story behind it. My first cruise on adventure of the seas and we were eating breakfast. I saw a man with another Sea Dog tee and throu thought logo was the coolest thing I’d ever seen because of my love of dogs and pirates. The perfect combo.

C8E39F7A-F84E-4C7F-AB65-D420DEB2B5B4.thumb.jpeg.9b7b958a9f3ab3961a9233d65d0f289f.jpeg

So I asked to take a picture of his shirt and asked where he got it. I found the company and purchased  about every shirt they made. I wanted to change my screen name to Sea Dog but Cruise Critic said there was already a screen name by that name. I looked up the name and noticed that the only difference was that the other member had not capitalized the “s” and “d” and that they had not posted for over 8 years. I contacted CC and pleaded my case for the name change and it was granted. The person who runs the Sea Dog company knows me as one of his best single customers. I’m trying to work on a new logo and design for me so that I don’t fudge the copyright lines but needless to say I’m a walking promo for his company.

My f amity member would like that shirt too. He’ll probably get it the next time we’re going to be giving him a gift. 😀  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the shirt , just wished the dog was in the middle instead.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, Sea Dog said:

If you don’t mind making a frozen drink a Kraken Colada is real easy.

Kraken colada recipe 

16oz ice

5oz colada mix

2 oz Kraken Dark Spiced Rum

Mix in blender

Pour 1 ox Kraken on top as a floater

or go to Kraken’s website where they have a ton of recipes.

https://www.krakenrum.com/cocktails/#

We are now all sipping our first Kraken colada, I added a little extra rum which I always do, very enjoyable, thanks .

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, George C said:

I'm a fan of Kraken and Dr. Pepper or A & W.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cajun-crazy said:

Great review! 

I see offerings of snorkel and stingrays at Grand Cayman.  Did your excursion do the snorkeling also?

If you only did the stingray, how/where did you book that?

Our particular excursion did not have the snorkel stop. I did see others that did. With ours we were able to stay longer at Stingray City.

2 hours ago, Priszm said:

I'm a fan of Kraken and Dr. Pepper or A & W.

I will have to try that. I love A&W root beer.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 9:37 PM, George C said:

I tried Kraken straight and did not like it. 

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our particular excursion did not have the snorkel stop. I did see others that did. With ours we were able to stay longer at Stingray City.

I am only wanting the Stingray City stop - and no snorkel stop.  Where did you book your excursion through?

• Like 1