Enchantment of the Seas opinions

roupa

5 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

It depends on what kind of ship you prefer.  You know its an older, smaller ship.  To me the Enchantment has more of a traditional cruise ship feel to it, while the newer ones have more of a themepark/resort feel to them.  I think both are great and dont need alot to entertain myself.  

You may find the Enchantment quieter, less busy and slower pace, but with fewer choices (only Chops for specialty dining, less entertainment).  The newer ships are louder with tons to do and I always feel like I am on the move, so not as relaxing.

If you like having lots of food and entertainment options, the Enchantment is probably not for you.  If you like the older cruise style where the ship is more relaxing and the focus is on the lounges, you may enjoy it.

Ditto!

About to sail on Enchantment for the 4th time, so I think that answers the question. 

Been on everything from 15,000 tons to 240,000 tons. Old and new. They each have their own character. Enchantment is a nice, comfortable ship.

Quieter with fewer activities and entertainment venues than newer ships? Sure, but she's a reminder of how cruising was before they became the shiny behemoths they are today. And I do like the shiny behemoths also.

43 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Please satisfy my curiosity.  Which Royal Caribbean ships have you sailed on?

Liberty, Indy, Majesty, Vision, Mariner, Navigator and Oasis... and Enchantment

Edited by Fla Mike
add Enchantment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Do you mean OUTSIDE?  I don't recall any indoor space in that location, but I guess I'll find out in January.

When you said that star deck replaced the bungee trampolines, I knew WHERE you meant, but what is it?  Just another flat deck with loungers?

Not outside, but indoors, just a continuation of the WJ seating, past the Jewel model and towards the pools.

You're right about star deck; it is a small elevated area, currently with some loungers.  On Grandeur I believe there is a device with a star chart.

Enchantment is just a bit bigger then the other Vision class ships with more cabins.  We generally like the old ships for either quick getaways or unique itineraries.  

The only thing I didn’t like about Enchantment was our cabin balcony.  We were under those round see through “windows” on the pool deck behind the side bar so had no privacy from above on our balcony.  People on the pool deck could look down at any time. 

My opinion is that it’s the worst Royal ship I’ve been on. I was on a B2B in a corner aft JS right before Covid shutdown.  The balcony rails and door threshold were literally flaking away with rust. Everything on the ship was tired on the inside and the outside hull was stained orange with rust. 
And our cabin steward was a whiner that complained about everything he had to do which further soured the experience. (Not blaming that on the ship) 
Y’all enjoy Enchantment but I’ll pass. 

This thread has helped me start to manage my expectations. Had my Oct 2023 cruise switched from Brilliance to Enchantment and I am a little apprehensive. I sailed on Enchantment about 16 years ago, and while it was a beautiful ship then, I have gotten used to the bigger ships. However, I picked this particular ports for the itinerary and it is my dream cruise and I am not willing to miss out on these ports.

• Like 5

Did consecutive cruises on Enchantment in the spring. Despite being short staffed, the service on the first cruise was outstanding perhaps the best I have encountered on Royal. 

The second cruise had an additional 300 passengers which negativity impacted service.

I did the 12 night itinerary back in March and did a live thread.

It is a very laid back cruise.  3 days down and 3 days up is a lot of sea days, but they do a good job keeping you entertained.  I loved the fact that I can visit the Southern Caribbean from Baltimore.

Shipwise, I was surprised.  Being an older ship, the pace is a slower.  That can be good or bad depending on your viewpoint.  Me, I found it to be good because I didn't feel rushed to do this or that.  It also felt like the activities and entertainment was catered to my time, not the other way around, which I found to be the case with the larger ships.

Same thing with meals.  On other ships, I feel this need to try other things, but here, I don't have that because there was 12 nights, and there's only Chops and Chef's Table.

On 10/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, Another_Critic said:

So, you basically sailed on Grandeur (Enchantment's pre-stretch twin).  I personally preferred Grandeur (sailed 7x, last time Feb. 2020) over Enchantment (sailed Mar. 2022).

Hmm, when in Feb 2020?  I did my last cruise that ended in Feb 1, 2020

Did 5 cruises on Grandeur, loved it.  First on Enchantment coming up in 31 days.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, shipgeeks said:

WJ seating is in the Annex between where you Washy Washy and the pool area.  Three rows of tables. (Darn, now our secret is out.)  There are drink dispensers, and easy access to Pool Bar.

Star Deck is the elevated deck above the walking track on Deck 10, forward, above WJ.

They also serve small breakfast offerings there. 

Enchantment has always been one of our favorites. We have sailed her about 15 times but mostly 5 night or less cruises.  Love her pool deck and Boleros. We have sailed all classes except Quantum, and have likes and dislikes about all. My favorite ship is whichever one I am on at the time!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, roupa said:

We have cruised many of the small to midsize ships compared to the modern mega ships.  Now about to book 12 days Enchantment cruise.   I understand it is an “older” ship that has been “stretched “ and refurbished. Opinions?….likes?….dislikes?

Cruised on Enchantment in August for 6 nights.  I liked it.  I think the pool options are nice--a Solarium and then two outdoor pools.  They also had I believe 6 hot tubs.  I was not impressed with the entertainment options in the theater.  I would have liked more in that regard.  The staff were friendly.  We got good service.  I do wish it had a bit more stuff to do, but we had a good time and I would sail on Enchantment again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, fungirl28 said:

This thread has helped me start to manage my expectations. Had my Oct 2023 cruise switched from Brilliance to Enchantment and I am a little apprehensive. I sailed on Enchantment about 16 years ago, and while it was a beautiful ship then, I have gotten used to the bigger ships. However, I picked this particular ports for the itinerary and it is my dream cruise and I am not willing to miss out on these ports.

I'm in the same situation.  We were also booked on the Brilliance in October 2023 but were moved to the Enchantment.  Are you going to Italy or are you on a different itinerary in the area?

On 10/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, lcpagejr said:

We cruised Enchantment in 1998 and 2002 (before stretch) Always have been once of our favorite ships.... Bigger isn't always better

Enchantment was our very 1st cruise also in 1998 for our 25th Wedding anniversary,she will always have a special place in our hearts