Specialty Restaurant on Solstice: Murano or Tuscan Grille

SLOTheta

My husband and I will be on our first Celebrity Cruise over Thanksgiving. We’ve been on Holland and looking forward to trying this cruise line. There are 2 specialty dining options Murano (French) and Tuscan Grille (Italian). Both sample menus look delicious. We live in California and lucky to have a wide variety of restaurants and great options to select from.

What would you recommend if you only had to pick one?

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, SLOTheta said:

My husband and I will be on our first Celebrity Cruise over Thanksgiving. We’ve been on Holland and looking forward to trying this cruise line. There are 2 specialty dining options Murano (French) and Tuscan Grille (Italian). Both sample menus look delicious. We live in California and lucky to have a wide variety of restaurants and great options to select from.

What would you recommend if you only had to pick one?

Thanks! 

Both! Honestly, you won’t regret it…

Murano is a fine dining venue with some table side presentation. Ideal on a sea day when you are fresh and can enjoy a meal at a leisurely pace. It does feel special. Food wonderful!

Tuscan Grill overlooks the wake of the ship. Book an early time to secure a window seat. Book it on a day you are leaving a port at 5/6pm…Be perusing the menu as the ropes come off. Be sipping your  drink and enjoying your starter as the port fades into the distance. Enjoy your entree as the sun begins to set and be sipping a liqueur and enjoying dessert as day becomes night. Quite magical. The food isn’t bad either! A typical Italian selection of decent steak and pasta…

Edited by chemmo

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Food in Tuscan can be hit or miss.  Murano is our favorite.

I’ve always thought the food in Murano is hit or miss, to the point that we no longer give it a try.😂.    Tuscan has always been very nice.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Another vote for Murano here. It has a very nice upscale feel and we always get just a little more dressed up when we dine there (not that it’s required). 

BTW there is another specialty option called le Petit chef. I’ve never done it but many people who have say it’s a one and done for them. 

We love Murano as well.  Just another reason that S-Class is our favorite.  I've enjoyed Tuscan in the past but like others have said; we have found it to be hit or miss as well.  We always reserve Murano and occasionally will go to Tuscan (normally when we need to fill nights on a specialty dining package).

Edited by Team Stag

Another vote for Murano!

We found that the food and service in Tuscan Grille, which we have dined in on the Summit (M-Class) and Equinox (S-Class) were good.

The service and food we have experienced in Murano were outstanding.

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

I will echo the consensus above. Always Murano, and never Tuscan. Tuscan is not worth even half of what they charge.

Agree, have had meals in Tuscan that were not worth anywhere near the price

I'm a big fan of Murano and would always recommend it over Tuscan.   My experience has always been that Murano is like 5 star dining and Tuscan in nice but the atmosphere is more like a nice steak hours.

A number of dishes in Murano are prepared table side and flambe