Southampton transfer

azgrandmax3

45 minutes ago, irisbax3 said:

We used Blackberry Cars in July. We went from Heathrow to the Holiday Inn Southampton for 128 Gbp. Driver met us in the terminal. Communication with them was excellent.

I second this one!  We use Blackberry every time we go to London as long as it fits into our travel needs.  I wouldn't call it cheap...but it's reasonable and (so far) absolutely reliable.  You can book (and pay) in advance but can also cancel very easy with a very fast refund.  We had to do so for a cruise where we literally "missed the boat" in FLL.  Blackberry was the easiest refund I had to deal with of the several that I had to request.

• Like 1

We just used Blackberry to and from Heathrow on our British Isles cruise (28 Sep - 10 Oct).  They picked us up in the airport terminal and drove us to our hotel in Southampton.  After the cruise they met us outside the cruise terminal and took us back to Heathrow where we spent the night.  It appears the prices have gone up quite a bit since I originally booked them - and while we told them there were 2 of us with 4 bags the newish Mercedes sedan they picked us up after the cruise needed to have 2 suitcases in the front passenger seat - but it was still fast and efficient and I would book them again.

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not really surprising considering how the price of fuel has soared in the UK over recent months.

It may also be due to a transportation strike (UK Rail) planned in November which is causing prices to go up currently. Prices just seemed to jump when this was announced.

Edited by Coral

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

It may also be due to a transportation strike (UK Rail) planned in November which is causing prices to go up currently. Prices just seemed to jump when this was announced.

Good point !

22 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not really surprising considering how the price of fuel has soared in the UK over recent months.

When I originally contacted them in March the price each way was 100BP (give or take 5BP).  A month later (April) when I actually booked them it was 126BP.  The day we used them to return to Heathrow (10 Oct) it showed 168BP and today it shows 180BP and it says the prices may be inaccurate due to a new price increase.  They did honor the booked price! 

But then I happened to check flights to compare what we had and that was a real shock.  I used points on United and had Premium Plus both ways for 90,000 points each way or 180,000 round trip (for two people).  When I looked yesterday it was 480,000!  Ouch 🙂

5 hours ago, bjkTX said:

When I originally contacted them in March the price each way was 100BP (give or take 5BP).  A month later (April) when I actually booked them it was 126BP.  The day we used them to return to Heathrow (10 Oct) it showed 168BP and today it shows 180BP and it says the prices may be inaccurate due to a new price increase.  They did honor the booked price! 

But then I happened to check flights to compare what we had and that was a real shock.  I used points on United and had Premium Plus both ways for 90,000 points each way or 180,000 round trip (for two people).  When I looked yesterday it was 480,000!  Ouch 🙂

That is one hell of an increase,  even allowing for a 50% increase in fuel prices! 

6 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I noticed that also on our trip on DL miles.  EZAIR may be the way to go.

Looking at TA flights for next year.

I don’t think it’s going to get better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I got an email from a local travel agent. He was saying that he found some really cheap FF flights from our midwest town to London for 60-80K miles each way and said that things were low until May 2023. Obviously one has to be flexible as sometimes one flight will be incredibly high and others incredibly low.