Questions about upcoming cruise and concierge class

We booked a 5 day cruise on the Reflection. Just a little girls trip. We opted for a Concierge class cabins since it was only a few dollars more than a veranda. Last time I was CC, we had a special area to wait for boarding and were invited to the helipad for sail away. I don’t see that listed as a perk anymore. Did they do away with those perks for Concierge class?  I’ll be disappointed if they have but it’s not a big deal because the extra cost was minimal. 

Do they have the silent disco, white party or evening chic on 5 day cruises?  I haven’t been on a cruise this short since our first cruise.  

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

Currently there  is no priority boarding except for suites.

When you do online check-in you will select a boarding time 

Whether or not there will be a sail away isn’t easily predicted, on a 5 night cruise fewer opportunities for those type of events.  You should still receive a bottle of sparkling wine, and afternoon canapés and embarkation day there is a lunch in the MDR for those in Concierge class.

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Currently there  is no priority boarding except for suites.

When you do online check-in you will select a boarding time 

Whether or not there will be a sail away isn’t easily predicted, on a 5 night cruise fewer opportunities for those type of events.  You should still receive a bottle of sparkling wine, and afternoon canapés and embarkation day there is a lunch in the MDR for those in Concierge class.

Thank you!  I’m aware of what their website says. We just got more for it last time. However, we paid more for the “upgrade” as well. I quite enjoyed the embarkation lunch and sometimes the canapés. We will try to get an early birding time.  How late does the Concierge lunch go?  Surely they will make sure we get on in time for it. 

I hadn’t really thought about there not being as many opportunities for it. However, last time was a Bermuda cruise so even less opportunities. 

19 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

The helipad invitation isn’t guaranteed, but we have always been invited. No special boarding or even special boarding room

This is only our second time with Celebrity and both happens to be Concierge Class. We had a special waiting area last time and could board after suites. It’s all good though. I really enjoyed the helipad. I hope we get that again!

28 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I don’t know if it was listed or not, just that we got invited. 

They invite various groups it isn’t a listed perk for any category.  Some times it is Suites, some times Aqua, or Concierge, some time Elites

• Like 1

Normally they stop seating for the concierge lunch at 1 PM. 

We normally swap out our sparkling wine for a bottle of red and have asked for fruit and cheese as opposed to canapés. Last cruise we just asked them not to bring them and brought nibbles down from the buffet if we wanted them. 

• Like 1

Heli pad is overrated.   We went once and never went again when invited.    There are much better areas to view sailing away from a port.  If it is such a great place for viewing why isn’t the bridge located there?  🤷‍♂️

This is my opinion and I am sure others have a different one 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

50 minutes ago, amcco said:

Normally they stop seating for the concierge lunch at 1 PM. 

We normally swap out our sparkling wine for a bottle of red and have asked for fruit and cheese as opposed to canapés. Last cruise we just asked them not to bring them and brought nibbles down from the buffet if we wanted them. 

Good to know we can change all those out. I would prefer red wine, cheese and fruit as well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, miched said:

Heli pad is overrated.   We went once and never went again when invited.    There are much better areas to view sailing away from a port.  If it is such a great place for viewing why isn’t the bridge located there?  🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We really enjoyed it. It wasn’t near as crowded as other viewing areas and the 🍾 was a nice touch.  

7 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I would have to agree with you on this   I just came off a 10 night on October 6th and was invited 2x to the helipad once from St. Kitts and also Martinique. There were not that many there and people cleared out pretty fast after sailaway.  They serve some sparkling wine and mimosas but that's it.  Over rated for sure.  I was in an aft balcony on the wake and had a better view from there. 

10 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We booked a 5 day cruise on the Reflection. Just a little girls trip. We opted for a Concierge class cabins since it was only a few dollars more than a veranda. Last time I was CC, we had a special area to wait for boarding and were invited to the helipad for sail away. I don’t see that listed as a perk anymore. Did they do away with those perks for Concierge class?  

The helipad was never a listed perk, just a lagniappe (a great new word I just learned and had to find a way to use)

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I would have to agree with you on this   I just came off a 10 night on October 6th and was invited 2x to the helipad once from St. Kitts and also Martinique. There were not that many there and people cleared out pretty fast after sailaway.  They serve some sparkling wine and mimosas but that's it.  Over rated for sure.  I was in an aft balcony on the wake and had a better view from there. 

If I had an aft balcony I’d sail away from there too!  

• Like 1

They usually have silent disco on most curies so I expect they will.    You can check out the daily planner on the app, if loaded for your cruise or select another current 5 day cruise on that ship.    Go to daily planner and filter by all activities instead of recommended

I have been on a number of curies post covid and don't recall ever seeing a white party.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They usually have silent disco on most curies so I expect they will.    You can check out the daily planner on the app, if loaded for your cruise or select another current 5 day cruise on that ship.    Go to daily planner and filter by all activities instead of recommended

I have been on a number of curies post covid and don't recall ever seeing a white party.

I've been on 4 cruises post covid and had white parties on pool deck on all of them. So much fun.

• Like 1

You will also enjoy the Concierge lounge on Disembarkation morning.  They offer coffee, tea, juice and pastries for those waiting in that area to leave the ship.   That, plus the Embarkation MDR lunch,  are the main reasons I love Concierge! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

That, plus the Embarkation MDR lunch,  are the main reasons I love Concierge! 

The embarkation lunch is one of the main reasons I choose concierge but only if the price is the same or very close to a balcony cabin.  For me its just not worth hundreds of dollars more.  I make use of the debarkation lounge but not a fan of their coffee or pastries. I make sure I have a full breakfast before getting off the ship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The embarkation lunch is one of the main reasons I choose concierge but only if the price is the same or very close to a balcony cabin.  For me its just not worth hundreds of dollars more.  I make use of the debarkation lounge but not a fan of their coffee or pastries. I make sure I have a full breakfast before getting off the ship. 

It was only a few dollars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MScarn123 said:

I just booked a cruise in Concierge Class. Do you receive the sparkling wine every day? I assume it's left in your cabin with 2 glasses and the canapes, or am I wrong?

The sparkling wine is a single bottle.  Some people use it for sailaway.  It currently needs to be requested of your room steward when it is desired.